2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Advertisement
I must of missed a Tweet from Smith because all I saw was the bat signal shortly before the commits on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then him saying we aren't done on Friday and Saturday. At no point did he hint at a particular player commiting. Whether fans like it or not he is going to tweet a bat signal for every commit.

He said it would be a monstrous August for the Canes. That’s what everyone’s getting worked up over.

Me personally, I don’t care if he tweets, x’s, or whatever it is now.

I have zero doubt that the people on here who are insider types are getting information from 110% legit sources. But they are only as good as the information they’re getting based on how staff is reading something and/or based on what recruits and their people are saying or whatever the source is.

Some things are really off and flat out brutal this cycle.

I have zero doubt that the people on here who are insider types are getting information from 110% legit sources. But they are only as good as the information they’re getting based on how staff is reading something and/or based on what recruits and their people are saying or whatever the source is.

Some things are really off and flat out brutal this cycle.
I think a lot of these NIL deals kids are negotiating the schools are a lot tighter with how the kids can evaluate both in time before it expires and the pressure to lock it in with a commitment. I assume that’s what’s going on with UF - they are obviously spending money given their footprint is across a bunch of states but they likely are just forcing the commitments to lock in the NIL deal by pressuring the kids.

As it relates to UM I am just assuming we don’t have much on the high end for recruits and when the kids go back to the other programs this cycle they are just beating us.

I also really believe Mario has hired a bunch of mid recruiters and he can’t be a savior for every single recruit.

Advertisement
So once again someones announcement is spoiled and they are leaning toward pushing back the announcement - obviously hurting us. Rinse and repeat.

But I’m sure this is yet another sign our NiL is trash huh.

So once again someones announcement is spoiled and they are leaning toward pushing back the announcement - obviously hurting us. Rinse and repeat.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

I think a lot of these NIL deals kids are negotiating the schools are a lot tighter with how the kids can evaluate both in time before it expires and the pressure to lock it in with a commitment. I assume that’s what’s going on with UF - they are obviously spending money given their footprint is across a bunch of states but they likely are just forcing the commitments to lock in the NIL deal by pressuring the kids.

As it relates to UM I am just assuming we don’t have much on the high end for recruits and when the kids go back to the other programs this cycle they are just beating us.

I also really believe Mario has hired a bunch of mid recruiters and he can’t be a savior for every single recruit.
Thanks for the constructive and thoughtful input. This all seems viable to me. Then you factor it in with other things previously discussed and it’s not like we’re the ones winning important tiebreaker categories like past performance, conference…etc

No, we’re probably just getting shopped and matched or ballparked by programs with less uncertainty than us.

Advertisement
Who exactly said Mincey was going to commit in August? or was it something some poster just made up, and everyone ran with the narrative? You can't get upset about something you made up and isn't supported by any truth.

No, we’re probably just getting shopped and matched or ballparked by programs with less uncertainty than us.
Less uncertainty in what way? Lol. I’m pretty certain we’re building this program up the right way and are going to be much improved. I’m also certain recruiting is and will be far better than it has been in the last 20 years. That’s what I’m certain about.

Let’s say Mincey was going to do a surprise commitment and the genius’ that are Gaby/Lifewallet/whoever leak that out, and other schools see that and jump in last second to try to up the bag or delay his commitment. You don’t think that’s possible? It just has to be an issue with our overall NiL money? Or that for every kid we NEED to up our bags at the last minute before announcement AND presumably again before NSD when other schools come calling again…otherwise our NiL is trash… bruh we just do not even come close to seeing eye to eye on this.

Advertisement
Who exactly said Mincey was going to commit in August? or was it something some poster just made up, and everyone ran with the narrative? You can't get upset about something you made up and isn't supported by any truth.
Gaby posted a random update on Saturday on him out of the blue.

Post in thread 'DB Zavier Mincey'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/db-zavier-mincey.182507/post-6676570

Then the lifewallet writer posted this shortly after

IMG_0780.jpeg

Throw in some positive comments by those in the know and a bit of speculation by posters and voila.

As fans were crazy but this just didn’t start out of the blue

Less uncertainty in what way? Lol. I’m pretty certain we’re building this program up the right way and are going to be much improved. I’m also certain recruiting is and will be far better than it has been in the last 20 years. That’s what I’m certain about.

Let’s say Mincey was going to do a surprise commitment and the genius’ that are Gaby/Lifewallet/whoever leak that out, and other schools see that and jump in last second to try to up the bag or delay his commitment. You don’t think that’s possible? It just has to be an issue with our overall NiL money? Or that for every kid we NEED to up our bags at the last minute before announcement AND presumably again before NSD when other schools come calling again…otherwise our NiL is trash… bruh we just do not even come close to seeing eye to eye on this.
I’d venture a good guess that most people don’t agree with you. Less Certainty???

Big 10 and SEC schools who have outperformed us lately offer more certainty at this time than us if the money is all similar. We’ve been saying we’re back every time we get a new coach for 20 years dude. It’s old.

While we can hope this is the case, and have our fingers crossed. It’s not exactly a slam dunk. J.Smith is the best HS prospect to come out of South Florida in what? 15 years?

These are the exact kids we hired Mario to land. Idc if he takes 27 three stars. It was ALWAYS JoJo & Smith for 2024.

Advertisement
While we can hope this is the case, and have our fingers crossed. It’s not exactly a slam dunk. J.Smith is the best HS prospect to come out of South Florida in what? 15 years?

These are the exact kids we hired Mario to land. Idc if he takes 27 three stars. It was ALWAYS JoJo & Smith for 2024.
So if we don’t land Jeremiah Smith it means Recruiting is not improved over the last 20 years under Mario? Y’all are seriously trippin.

It’s not a hope. I’m staying for a fact recruiting under Cristobal IS better than any previous coach the last 20 years.

I’d venture a good guess that most people don’t agree with you. Less Certainty???

Big 10 and SEC schools who have outperformed us lately offer more certainty at this time than us if the money is all similar. We’ve been saying we’re back every time we get a new coach for 20 years dude. It’s old.
Bruh this isn’t the boogeyman we’re up against. Mincey looks like an old fashioned Florida 3 battle. Maybe Auburn too. Those 3 programs don’t have less uncertainty than us going forward. FSU had a good season last year coming off 3 of the last 4 seasons being as bad or worse than we were last year. Auburn has had 3 years of 6 or 5 wins in a row. Uf back to back years of 6 wins. And if you want to talk about NIL certainty UF has had the worst public moment of not meeting NiL contract of anyone in the country.

We just aren’t going to join Big 10 until ‘25. We aren’t going to be able to erase 5-7 until we actually play some games. Until then it’s the same FUD all day long. People gotta accept the same **** they’re complaining about last week will be there until this season is over. Nothing is changing until we prove it on the field. It’s possible to think we’ve taken 5 steps forward and one step back and that after this season we’ll be taking a few more steps forward into this rebuild.

Advertisement
Back