2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Advertisement

Yup. And gets us back into position to continue to climb. There was a pretty decent gap after the Top 13.

We were 20th before Rudolph, but we were 20 points short of Clem’s son at #13. But they are only like 10 points shy of a top 10 class. Once you get up to where Clemson is, it’s really bunched again as you get into the Top 5. Rudolph and Mincey would get us back into the game for jumping several spots for just a kid or two since it’s so packed there.

There’s a 10 point gap between Clemson at 13 and Auburn at 14. And only a 10 point gap between Clemson at 13 and Michigan at #6.

Yup. And gets us back into position to continue to climb. There was a pretty decent gap after the Top 13.

We were 20th before Rudolph, but we were 20 points short of Clem’s son at #13. But they are only like 10 points shy of a top 10 class. Once you get up to where Clemson is, it’s really bunched again as you get into the Top 5. Rudolph and Mincey would get us back into the game for jumping several spots for just a kid or two since it’s so packed there.

There’s a 10 point gap between Clemson at 13 and Auburn at 14. And only a 10 point gap between Clemson at 13 and Michigan at #6.
This is why I kept saying we could get to the 8-12 range when everyone was slitting their wrists. Especially with a good season. That could cause a couple big flips by its self. The season was never the end all but it could definitely add some cherries and whip cream to the class.

I‘m pretty sure Miami likes Day at nickel. Mincey wants to play cb so he has no impact on ZP.

Ya they (and all of cfb) are putting an emphasis on versatility...if you look at our incoming recruits if we (fingers crossed) assume Mincey is UM...

I think the only things set in stone are Frederique is a true outside corner (even if he is a tad raw)…Thomas is a safety…Everyone else is versatile. Yes Patterson is a probable safety, but I also think his game translates to a star/slot (that tape screams honey badger to me), especially to get on the field early.

Mincey gets his first look at corner, Cribby said he wants to play there and obviously is needed there, but is versatile. Mack will probably get a look at both corner and slot, and has played safety in HS. Day is a nickel who probably gets a look everywhere.

Advertisement

Throw all the Stewart/Simmons/Scott money at Franklin

They know what’s about to happen
11807321.jpeg

Yeah but the points get that much harder to come moving forward. 10 points is a 5 star like Breland right now and the higher you go the less they are worth. We will need another big fish after Mincey and Patterson. That Michigan class will end up a top 15 class as well.

Advertisement
Yeah but the points get that much harder to come moving forward. 10 points is a 5 star like Breland right now and the higher you go the less they are worth. We will need another big fish after Mincey and Patterson. That Michigan class will end up a top 15 class as well.
You also have to keep in mind that we now have 20 commits. Let's say for the sake of this scenario, we land Mincey today. 21 commits and 250.18 rating puts us 6pts behind Clemson at #14. USC would be 10pts behind, but 6 less commits. Auburn would be 5pts behind, but 5 less commits. Texas would be 10pts behind, but 5 less commits. OU would be 6pts behind, but 2 less commits. South Carolina would be 12pts behind, but 6 less commits.

So you and OBM are right, flipping Rudolph and landing Mincey would be massive. Much-needed momentum plus they're very good players in my book...but the typical posters acting like we're f^cking back baby and ridiculing those with the brutally honest breakdown of how recruiting was going in the summer are taking premature victory laps again. It's as ludicrous as the mopes saying Mario needs to be fired and recruiting is dead.

Fact is like you said, we're going to need 1-2 whales minimum after these commitments in order to seriously be in contention for a Top 12 class. I have no doubt Mario is capable of doing so, especially after the '22 and '23 classes. But we REALLY need someone along the interior DL. I also do expect some bumps for certain players, but the impact will be 1-2 points overall (which could be the difference between one higher spot or so, once you put yourself in a position to enter that Top 12 ish realm).

You also have to keep in mind that we now have 20 commits. Let's say for the sake of this scenario, we land Mincey today. 21 commits and 250.18 rating puts us 6pts behind Clemson at #14. USC would be 10pts behind, but 6 less commits. Auburn would be 5pts behind, but 5 less commits. Texas would be 10pts behind, but 5 less commits. OU would be 6pts behind, but 2 less commits. South Carolina would be 12pts behind, but 6 less commits.

So you and OBM are right, flipping Rudolph and landing Mincey would be massive. Much-needed momentum plus they're very good players in my book...but the typical posters acting like we're f^cking back baby and ridiculing those with the brutally honest breakdown of how recruiting was going in the summer are taking premature victory laps again. It's as ludicrous as the mopes saying Mario needs to be fired and recruiting is dead.

Fact is like you said, we're going to need 1-2 whales minimum after these commitments in order to seriously be in contention for a Top 12 class. I have no doubt Mario is capable of doing so, especially after the '22 and '23 classes. But we REALLY need someone along the interior DL. I also do expect some bumps for certain players, but the impact will be 1-2 points overall (which could be the difference between one higher spot or so, once you put yourself in a position to enter that Top 12 ish realm).
We need to get to 270, where that lands us number wise overall, I don’t really care. I just want the 270 number which is the threshold for very good for me. I call this class an overall success then as long as we also address our needs at DT.

We need to get to 270, where that lands us number wise overall, I don’t really care. I just want the 270 number which is the threshold for very good for me. I call this class an overall success then as long as we also address our needs at DT.

Mincey, Patterson, and McCoy gets us 262. It’s very doable. I continue to just refuse to believe Mario Cristobal is going to recruit a poor class here.

Advertisement
Mincey, Patterson, and McCoy gets us 262. It’s very doable. I continue to just refuse to believe Mario Cristobal is going to recruit a poor class here.
Smart money would agree but I’ve seen things this cycle I never thought I’d see in regards to Mario and recruiting. Mincey and Rudolph are great prospects and pickups. That last 8 points will require us to land one of the outstanding big fish.

Advertisement

You're obsessed with recruiting rankings

You're obsessed with recruiting rankings
Correction - I'm obsessed with being relevant again. Recruiting rankings = grabbing blue chips, which in essence means better players + winning more games + draft picks + more to sell on the recruiting trail. A decade plus of information has proved that by now.

Advertisement
Back