DB situation

fafi129

Freshman
If you're al golden do you get anymore DB's in this class or wait for 2015 and stockpile on all the local studs that play in the secondary?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we need 1 more safety this year. I don't think we need any more CBs this year.

Let's assume the following:

1.) Bethel enrolls and is a CB.

2.) Turner enrolls and is a CB.

3.) Both Mayes and Gray enroll and at least one of them play safety.

2014 Safety Depth Chart (4 on Ship)

Jenkins (Jr)
Bush (Jr)
Carter (So)
Mayes/Gray (Fr)

2014 CB Depth Chart (7 on Ship)

Gunter (Sr/Rd.Sr)
Howard (Jr.)
Crawford (Jr.)
Burns (So.)
Elder (So.)
Turner (Fr)
Bethel (Fr)

I think we could use another safety, not another CB.

you know that stuff al golden selling to D linemen this class? i want him to sell it to all those great safeties next year PLAY TIME

Advertisement
Jackson is an elite prospect. The type you take regardless of "need."

You have to go after him even if you don't need him.

Because we'd be *****ing in 2-3 years about him when he's making plays for somebody else. Talking about, "Why didn't we go after him?"

"Well, you see, at the time we had Dennis Turner and Ryan Mayes committed and we didn't need that athletic specimen."

Jackson and Cook are the two most explosive players in the state, from what I've seen. Doesn't matter position, you take. Jackson, Owens and Gray are manbearpigs...exactly what we need on defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackson as a safety is tricky because he has the look but if you aren't really thinking about playing it I wonder what your desire will be to go all out. I see the best safeties as the ones who dont hesitate to always be physical so would Jackson be all in as a safety when he's talking so much about being a cb?

Do you think Jackson can play safety?

I think his main position should be safety.

We need at least 2 kids to play safety and 1 who we are ok with getting into the rotation as a freshman.

Not the biggest fan of playing freshman at DB in general. I suppose unless the staff moves a current CB to safety, that a newbie is going to come in and get some burn.

Ideally I think we take at least 1 more safety, of which someone currently committed will start at safety.

Pete and Tito have been saying don't expect Turner in this class....the staff hasn't been in too much contact with him...so u can possibly scrap Turner n Gray

Doesn't Ryan Mayes play some safety for MNW? He is not small at 6'1/2 180/185.

6_976118.jpg

139.jpg

Advertisement
Back