Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certai

LoL...The DB coverage against Bama ALL game was a joke....on the last drive...Disgusting....How in God's name are you in that coverage on 3rd and long??....Are you kidding me??.....Cot ****....Where talking a NC Game...and one stop ENDS it....
What coverage were they in?

Advertisement
The Wrong one for 3rd and long...Watch the play...and others leading up to the embarrassing coverage on the last play.....
Safety was Waaayyy outta position...The CB CANNOT let a TRUE freshman get that Wide Open....especially when #1 it's 3rd and long...and #2 your playing 5-6yds off LOS....and STILL getting beat Bad....

I swear, there are a handful of guys on here that just make this site unreadable at times

And these are just a few of Tucker's accolades and what his peers think of him.

"In 2005 Tucker entered the National Football League (NFL) with the Cleveland Browns. He coached defensive backs from 2005–2007 and was promoted to defensive coordinator in the 2008 season following the firing of Todd Grantham. Under Tucker, Cleveland consistently ranked fifth in the league, with the defense making 73 interceptions."

For years in the NFL, Mel was considered not only a top coordinator but a head-coaching candidate,” said Ian Rappaport, NFL Network national insider. “He’s been an interim coach in Jacksonville, and really commanded the respect of players. Sharp, diligent, he always got the most out of his guys.”

"In 2009 Tucker was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguarsas the defensive coordinator. In the 2011 seasonhead coach Jack Del Rio put Tucker in charge of defensive play-calling, and the team quickly became the fourth highest rated in the NFL. On November 29, 2011, Tucker was named Jacksonville's interim head coach following the firing of Del Rio. He ran the team for their final five games and was in consideration for the job full-time until Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was named head coach on January 10, 2012."

"He is an outstanding coach all the way around and really does an excellent job in terms of teaching the players,” Saban said when Tucker was hired. “When you look at his college and NFL experience, his resume is very impressive.”

"Tucker was part of a 2017 staff that led the Bulldogs to a record-tying 13 victories, first SEC championship since 2005, first appearance in the College Football Playoff, first appearance (and victory over Oklahoma) in the Rose Bowl CFP semi-final game, and first appearance in the College Football Playoff Championship Game. Georgia’s defense finished second in the SEC and 6th nationally in Scoring Defense (16.4 ppg), 2nd in the SEC and 6th nationally in Total Defense (294.9 ypg), and 2nd in the SEC in Rushing Defense.

No quotes from the Chi Bears years?

Advertisement
Almost zero chance Brownlee isn’t a contributor in college. Track record for Carol City is awesome.

Good is a super projectable athlete, in my opinion you can take his commitment now and continue to evaluate. If he blows up like we think, awesome. If not, he won’t be in the class. Zero downside...not like having someone like him in the class will cause any big timers to turn away anyway...

Almost zero chance Brownlee isn’t a contributor in college. Track record for Carol City is awesome.

Good is a super projectable athlete, in my opinion you can take his commitment now and continue to evaluate. If he blows up like we think, awesome. If not, he won’t be in the class. Zero downside...not like having someone like him in the class will cause any big timers to turn away anyway...
Exactly

Advertisement
You dont know what coverage they were in and it was 2nd and long not 3rd.
My bad...it was 2nd and long and that really means absolutely nothing....ONE play to defend.....Seconds on the clock....A Frosh QB...a Frosh WR......Your CB is 5-6 yds off LOS....Safety help is NOWHERE to be found....Yeah.....Great Defensive play by the DBs......smh

And these are just a few of Tucker's accolades and what his peers think of him.

"In 2005 Tucker entered the National Football League (NFL) with the Cleveland Browns. He coached defensive backs from 2005–2007 and was promoted to defensive coordinator in the 2008 season following the firing of Todd Grantham. Under Tucker, Cleveland consistently ranked fifth in the league, with the defense making 73 interceptions."

For years in the NFL, Mel was considered not only a top coordinator but a head-coaching candidate,” said Ian Rappaport, NFL Network national insider. “He’s been an interim coach in Jacksonville, and really commanded the respect of players. Sharp, diligent, he always got the most out of his guys.”

"In 2009 Tucker was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguarsas the defensive coordinator. In the 2011 seasonhead coach Jack Del Rio put Tucker in charge of defensive play-calling, and the team quickly became the fourth highest rated in the NFL. On November 29, 2011, Tucker was named Jacksonville's interim head coach following the firing of Del Rio. He ran the team for their final five games and was in consideration for the job full-time until Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was named head coach on January 10, 2012."

"He is an outstanding coach all the way around and really does an excellent job in terms of teaching the players,” Saban said when Tucker was hired. “When you look at his college and NFL experience, his resume is very impressive.”

"Tucker was part of a 2017 staff that led the Bulldogs to a record-tying 13 victories, first SEC championship since 2005, first appearance in the College Football Playoff, first appearance (and victory over Oklahoma) in the Rose Bowl CFP semi-final game, and first appearance in the College Football Playoff Championship Game. Georgia’s defense finished second in the SEC and 6th nationally in Scoring Defense (16.4 ppg), 2nd in the SEC and 6th nationally in Total Defense (294.9 ypg), and 2nd in the SEC in Rushing Defense.

Rumph still a much better teacher than Tucker.

Nope...and stillllllll waiting on Tuckers HOF list of players he coached and Developed....

I pointed out 2 guys he coached that became 1st rounders, one a 2nd, and one who will most likely be the fist DB taken in the 2019 draft. And that3 as in his last two stops on the collegiate level. The decade prior to that he was in the NFL, having success everywhere he went minus one stop. But, like you have done the entire thread, you ignore everything that doesn't fit your agenda. As I stated, you are as biased and uninformed as they come. Great job by Pags in in Indy!

Advertisement
LMAO! Yet he knows DB's. As I stated, clueless.
It was a Cover 2 ****face....each safety are responsible for their Deep half of the field....
It was a TERRIBLE defensive call.....ONE play you HAVE to stop....and thats the garbage you send out there??

It was a Cover 2 ****face....each safety are responsible for their Deep half of the field....
It was a TERRIBLE defensive call.....ONE play you HAVE to stop....and thats the garbage you send out there??
2nd and forever.....Seconds left in game...
And your DB coach calls an outdated Cover 2....your Safeties ONLY responsibility is for each of them to cover their half of the Deep field.....and looked like the Keystone Kops out there.....How the F...do you give up a 41td TD....to a Frosh WR with a game of such Magnitude on the line??....NO communication whatsoever on that play.....should've been ATLEAST 3 Safeties on the field.....Great Defensive call....

First off, show me again where I hated on Miami and Rumph? Oh ****, you can't. Because I state the obvious and facts, which he is nowhere near the best in the biz, the nut huggers like yourself and Lexigirl get their panties in a bunch. I don't live in a fantasy world like you dudes do who think everything Miami is the best simply because you're a fan. And than dopes like you like to try and clown on people who are objective and keep **** real.

And genius, Rumph being on the job 2 years, and not being on it 15 years is indeed another reason why you can't say some asinine **** like he is the best in the biz. Did you catch the part where I said let's revisit this topic in 5 years to see what he has accompished by than? Or how about where I said Rumph has proven to be a good coach? Nah, you didn't. Because it doesn't fit your and Lexigirl's agenda of saying I am anti-Miami and Rumph.

And Rumph turning guys into a 7th rounder and 4th rounder sure makes him the best in the biz. Yup, he took a 4 star, Mr. Tennessee and already going to be drafted Elder and made him a 4th rounder. That sure as **** sounds like best in the biz. To this point he has Colbert to his name, which he turned from an undrafted kid into just getting drafted in the 7th. Yup, those are clearly qualifilying accolades to be called best in the best biz.

Like I said, this can be revisited in 5 years, but to say he is the best in the biz or anywhere near that right now is laughable and shows just how much of BLIND HOMERS you and Lexigirl are
I can atleast agree in large part to the majority of what ur saying. With most the coaching inexperience could be agreed on to but in a long time llayers instance it comes into focus a lil less. There is people who simply got it. But im not arguing that point. I dont consider mike the best. I just know hes a lot better than most on here give him credit for. Corn ill just leave it at he improved dramatically under mike. And only thing ill say about adrian is all the scouts he had come at him after he ran a 4.16 on pro day all said he wouldve been a 2nd round dude. But he had alot of injuries in his time here. He made some huge plays & when he was healthy he did great for us. But that is apples and oranges.

Advertisement
My bad...it was 2nd and long and that really means absolutely nothing....ONE play to defend.....Seconds on the clock....A Frosh QB...a Frosh WR......Your CB is 5-6 yds off LOS....Safety help is NOWHERE to be found....Yeah.....Great Defensive play by the DBs......smh
The free safety was over the top but he reacted to slow. Can't criticize when you don't understand what you are seeing.

I'm no expert, so I'm seriously asking, how is this a terrible call? The only thing those safeties should be thinking about is their deep half of the field, and that's what they were given to do. Having failed at their assignment isn't the same as calling the wrong defense. So what was the proper call?

The free safety was over the top but he reacted to slow. Can't criticize when you don't understand what you are seeing.
WRONG....It WAS a Cover2...HIGHLY obvious....the Safety payed Waayyy to much attention to the slot reciever (stupid af)...and was Completely out of place.....It WAS without a Doubt...Cover2.....Thanks for playing

I'm no expert, so I'm seriously asking, how is this a terrible call? The only thing those safeties should be thinking about is their deep half of the field, and that's what they were given to do. Having failed at their assignment isn't the same as calling the wrong defense. So what was the proper call?
Only 2 Safeties on the field on a 2nd and forever...with seconds left in the game??....and give up the ONE play you CAN'T give up...and your asking me what was the matter with the call??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back