2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
As long as Taylor doesn't recruit him personally, pretty sure we can sign him without issue. Otherwise , we wouldn't bother recruiting him this long
In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches. An individual who meets this definition retains such status during the enrollment of the prospective student-athlete at the institution.

Advertisement
My recollection is only on-the-field coaches, or designated recruiter in the event of staff changes, can recruit on the road. Visit players at schools, in-home visits, contact the players.

No rule that other staff can‘t be involved during player’s official visits on campus.

Read this when Ed Reed and Zo were hired.

Am I wrong?

He is correct. If you have an off field coach that came from a hs you can’t recruit that school for 2 years
The actually coach can‘t but the school can. People are misinterpreting the rule

Advertisement
The actually coach can‘t but the school can. People are misinterpreting the rule
FBS school can hire a high school coach as one its 10 on-field coaches, but cannot add one to its support staff - which is a critical professional stepping stone – unless the college has not recruited one of the high school coach’s players in the past two years. And if the college does hire the high school coach, the college then cannot recruit a player from the coach’s former high school for two years, making it essentially a four-year window, two years in each direction

I mean he can go to PSU in the cold northeast with Manny or he can stay home and play for the hometown team.

I would think Miami has already don’t their due diligence on if he can sign with Taylor on staff etc…

To me this is a no brainer. Playing time is wide open as well. Let’s see if Mario can flip him and mom late.

Advertisement
FBS school can hire a high school coach as one its 10 on-field coaches, but cannot add one to its support staff - which is a critical professional stepping stone – unless the college has not recruited one of the high school coach’s players in the past two years. And if the college does hire the high school coach, the college then cannot recruit a player from the coach’s former high school for two years, making it essentially a four-year window, two years in each direction

So Taylor would have to go on field or we can’t recruit Hussey? Stupid rule

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back