2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess so idk lol. Mario must know something if he is bringing the kid in

**** Taylor is rich he might just demote himself off staff and “hang” around the program a lot. Maybe rod Wright is moving on or big Joe. Lots of unknowns but we will see

Advertisement
FBS school can hire a high school coach as one its 10 on-field coaches, but cannot add one to its support staff - which is a critical professional stepping stone – unless the college has not recruited one of the high school coach’s players in the past two years. And if the college does hire the high school coach, the college then cannot recruit a player from the coach’s former high school for two years, making it essentially a four-year window, two years in each direction.
If I’m reading that right Taylor couldn’t have gotten hired in the first place if this is still in place. No way Miami hadn’t recruited a player from STA in the two years before Mario hired Taylor.

If I’m reading that right Taylor couldn’t have gotten hired in the first place if this is still in place. No way Miami hadn’t recruited a player from STA in the two years before Mario hired Taylor.
Thats what I don’t get is it just recruited or having signed somebody from the school? Because huff is the last guy we got from there

Advertisement
Thats what I don’t get is it just recruited or having signed somebody from the school? Because huff is the last guy we got from there
We recruited battle , no?

Edit: NVM, he was class of 18. Wow, didn’t realize it was that long ago

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sooo just looked it up. Jason Taylor isn’t on the official staff directory…

Advertisement
He is correct. If you have an off field coach that came from a hs you can’t recruit that school for 2 years
So Bain nor Hussey can sign with us? Roland Smith is also on staff. That rule used to be a thing and if it is, there has to be some fine print that UM knows and the rest of us do not

Last edited:
It’s still a law but we’ll be fine there.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Advertisement
So Bain nor Hussey can sign with us? Roland Smith is also on staff. That rule used to be a thing and if it is, there was to some fine print that UM knows and the rest of us do not
Idk bout all this shît. Lol somebody said Bain’s brother negates the Roland situation idk tbh. Mario making 80 million I’m gone let him deal with it

Yeah, they updated loosened the rule somewhat recently because it was a roadblock for HS coaches wanting to move into college.

Most schools have a compliance form stating that the HS coach wasn't or isn't directly involved with the prospect's recruiting. Ultimately, its up to the NCAA to determine if they want to investigate further than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back