2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Been waiting for this one. There‘s another kid at chaminade that played for Douglas that should have an offer as well.

Advertisement
OK, @gogeta4 whats the story on this young man? He’s at STA, nice measurable (pause), good highlight film, why’s he considered a 3 star? How long has been playing football or starting for STA? Is he camping, getting exposure? What’s he lacking that needs to improve, or better yet, is there anything he’s lacking that’s severely glaring?

OK, @gogeta4 whats the story on this young man? He’s at STA, nice measurable (pause), good highlight film, why’s he considered a 3 star? How long has been playing football or starting for STA? Is he camping, getting exposure? What’s he lacking that needs to improve, or better yet, is there anything he’s lacking that’s severely glaring?
Hes going to wind up a 4 star more than likely.

After the spring evals....he got a Penn State and Colorado offer now us....youw ill now see his offer list pick up.

Penn State gonna have to fight to keep him off.

Please note STA doesnt do a sprng game..just an intrasquad scirmmage. He is going to be just like former sta safety Anthony Reddick.

Hes going to wind up a 4 star more than likely.

After the spring evals....he got a Penn State and Colorado offer now us....youw ill now see his offer list pick up.

Penn State gonna have to fight to keep him off.

Please note STA doesnt do a sprng game..just an intrasquad scirmmage. He is going to be just like former sta safety Anthony Reddick.

That sounds good, & I legit said to myself, no way this kid stays an .87+ composite. He’ll crack .89 - 90 imo, & earn that 4th. Ideal size, good IQ, w/ ball skills at a Nat’l Powerhouse? Yeah, ain’t no way this youngin staying a 3. Any word if he’ll be coming to our Legends Camp?

I’m a fan. The ceiling here is high IMO with the size and speed. We need much more speed on the back end and his play speed on the actual football field match the reported track times. Some of those clips he looked like he was shot out of a cannon. A potential special teams demon as well. Have to think we can make a dent here if we make this kid a priority with JT on our side to help out.

Advertisement
Im usually with you guys but not to impressed with this kid but honestly my option doesn't equate to much. Im more of a wr and qb dude, and you fckers dont like the qb that I did. lol . JMO I still think we missed on the biggest hidden Gem. But to be fair these types of kid's come on and if coached up develop up to become total studs. No way no how am I a guru on these types so if you guys sign off then Ill defer to you guys.

Rewatched his highlights with out my Capt Morgan googgles and kid looks pretty nice. I didn't even look at where he plays at so him being STA kid is also a pretty big deal to me so definetly growing on me.

Last edited:
He’s fairly brand new to playing Safety, he started out as a RB coming from little league ball with the Davie Broncos to HS, last year was his first full year playing as a DB, he was primarily an offensive player his Freshman & Sophomore year at STA.

Also, you have to remember, rankings aren’t as cut & dry as we sometimes like to think they are, there’s a limited number of spots in which they can slot kids & ratings are largely based on the multi-pronged factors of, who’s recruiting the prospect, camp performances, traits & forward projections, plus there’s several other political factors that come into play...

I’d say his rating is pretty accurate for where he is right now given the fact he’s only been a starter for a year & that he doesn’t really have elite traits to justify being a high ranked prospect as of yet, he’s got good not great speed & his technique overall needs work, but has good upside & the possibility to rise in rankings down the line.

He’s got P5 offers from UF, Utah, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss ST, Kentucky, Indiana etc, so it’s not like he’s a borderline G5 kid or anything, his offers are in line with what a solid quality 3-star that can be a potential P5 contributor would normally be. I mean he’s committed to Penn ST, it’s not like we’re trying to flip him from Rice or Eastern Michigan lol

He’s basically in the same category as kids like a Jahvante Royal from the 2020 class, or a Phillip O’Brien from the 21 class, or a Jamarrien Burt from the 22 class, all were late bloomer 3-star FL DB’s with a 87/88 rating that are viewed as kids who will take 2, possibly 3 years of development but have enough athletic upside & traits to be an eventual starter.

Davie Broncos stand up, played there when I was in youth football when they were in the SYFL and then we moved to the AYFL. Must’ve been before they stopped playing tackle there because they got caught gambling and drinking at Bamford.

He’s fairly brand new to playing Safety, he started out as a RB coming from little league ball with the Davie Broncos to HS, last year was his first full year playing as a DB, he was primarily an offensive player his Freshman & Sophomore year at STA.

Also, you have to remember, rankings aren’t as cut & dry as we sometimes like to think they are, there’s a limited number of spots in which they can slot kids & ratings are largely based on the multi-pronged factors of, who’s recruiting the prospect, camp performances, traits & forward projections, plus there’s several other political factors that come into play...

I’d say his rating is pretty accurate for where he is right now given the fact he’s only been a starter for a year & that he doesn’t really have elite traits to justify being a high ranked prospect as of yet, he’s got good not great speed & his technique overall needs work, but has good upside & the possibility to rise in rankings down the line.

He’s got P5 offers from UF, Utah, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss ST, Kentucky, Indiana etc, so it’s not like he’s a borderline G5 kid or anything, his offers are in line with what a solid quality 3-star that can be a potential P5 contributor would normally be. I mean he’s committed to Penn ST, it’s not like we’re trying to flip him from Rice or Eastern Michigan lol

He’s basically in the same category as kids like a Jahvante Royal from the 2020 class, or a Phillip O’Brien from the 21 class, or a Jamarrien Burt from the 22 class, all were late bloomer 3-star FL DB’s with a 87/88 rating that are viewed as kids who will take 2, possibly 3 years of development but have enough athletic upside & traits to be an eventual starter.
There is no real comparison between Hussey and Javonte Royal. Hussey has always been a certified baller and they could never find a position for Royal at STA. Royal passed the look test and that was about it. He never made plays at DB or WR, but played because of his measurables. Hussey has similar measurables, (is probably faster than Royal), but has always made plays no matter which side of the ball he was on. Someone will get an underrated gem in Hussey. No one said that about Royal.

Advertisement
This kid is going to blow up. He is a better athlete than Battle. How long before Bama and other top schools start recruiting him?

Im just glad we are not putting all of our eggs in the basket of the Jonell Segero (spelling?) kid from Massachusetts. Hes a beast no doubt and I see why hes a top safety in the country but if we have some local guys that are worthy..we need to give them a serious look as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back