DB coach question..

GCCane13

Recruit
Premium
Seeing that LSU has made the decision to get rid of Coach O, if Corey Raymond wanted to come coach db here. Would you take him over TRob?

Advertisement
They are the same guys. Very overrated coaches who are very good recruiters. Nice guys. Cool guys. Just average at best coaches who have benefited from amazing talent. The really good ones they have recruited did not need developed and made it to the league without any help from them. This is the case with 75% of college football coaches IMO.
Corey overrated??...Stop it....I'd say I know something about quality DB Coaches...and he's certainly not only legit...but a much better DB coach than T-Rob....

Advertisement
They are the same guys. Very overrated coaches who are very good recruiters. Nice guys. Cool guys. Just average at best coaches who have benefited from amazing talent. The really good ones they have recruited did not need developed and made it to the league without any help from them. This is the case with 75% of college football coaches IMO.
Who are the actually good DB coaches? U know, the ones who are better than Corey and TRob?

Advertisement
Every potential LSU HC knows that Raymond is untouchable no matter what. I would probably bet that if they’d even suggest someone else, that’d move them down the list. He’s there until he doesn’t want to be..

Advertisement
Not really, TRob is a really good coach too, he’s also one of the best in the business.

He’s produced multiple 1st round Corners at both South Carolina & UF, and all of them haven’t been 4/5-star recruits.

What you’re saying in general applies to staffs like Bama, UGA, OH St & a few others, but guys like Corey Raymond & TRob are outliers.
Then why can't Te'Cory Couch stop anyone in the ACC from catching a touchdown?

The problem with T-Rob and this board is they glorified him into another stratosphere of coaching he didn’t belong. I think he’s a good balance of recruiting and coaching but not anywhere near Raymond coaching wise
His track record speaks for itself.

The problem with our fans is they’re extremely short sighted & think everything happens in a vacuum.

Most of the people who criticize TRob are either Rumph supporters who were mad that he caught as much heat as he did the last 5 years or people who simply react without thinking.

Manny Diaz is the common denominator to this defense for the past 6 years, yet somehow people think TRob is the issue when he’s been here for less than a year lol.

Our CB’s were terrible last year too when TRob wasn’t here, but people seem to have forgot that.

Advertisement
Corey overrated??...Stop it....I'd say I know something about quality DB Coaches...and he's certainly not only legit...but a much better DB coach than T-Rob....

Raymond would never leave LSU. hes at his dream job. he doesn't want to be a DC and hes been around every coaching change in recent years. no one would get rid of him.

also id say Corey is a better coach and recruiter than t rob

The problem with our fans is they’re extremely short sighted & think everything happens in a vacuum.

Most of the people who criticize TRob are either Rumph supporters who were mad that he caught as much heat as he did the last 5 years or people who simply react without thinking.

Manny Diaz is the common denominator to this defense for the past 6 years, yet somehow people think TRob is the issue when he’s been here for less than a year lol.

Our CB’s were terrible last year too when TRob wasn’t here, but people seem to have forgot that.

some of these hires take time. t rob has to get his own recruits in there and obviously there must be a philosophy schematic change to the D. I don't think t rob dvd Shoop are issues at all. biggest issue is Manny and the failures in development and recruiting on that side

Advertisement

Oh I’m not trying to suggest t-rob sucks or is the reason our corners are food. I think he’s just a clear step down from Raymond

Oh I’m not trying to suggest t-rob sucks or is the reason our corners are food. I think he’s just a clear step down from Raymond
I don’t think it’s a landslide that Raymond is better, because T-Rob’s DB record is top 3 in CFB. T-Rob is just more ambitious. Raymond is fine with just DBs, T-Rob wants to climb the ladder. He just has to get his guys in the backfield. I think we can count Kitchens and Williams as his guys since he recruited them at USCe and he’s not having to deal with learned habits from other coaches.

some of these hires take time. t rob has to get his own recruits in there and obviously there must be a philosophy schematic change to the D. I don't think t rob dvd Shoop are issues at all. biggest issue is Manny and the failures in development and recruiting on that side
I get wanting your own recruits but the bar tender left trob with some nice players at safety anyone would want them

Advertisement
Back