DB class that Miami wants

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
These are the DB that Miami have to make a push for and lock down their commitment.
Tim Irvin is almost a lock at Miami but anything can happen.
Tyrek Cole is a soft FSU commit and Miami is feeling good about their chances.
Carlton Davis is committed to Ohio State, but he is still open to everything.
Ben Edwards, Miami is late to the party but can make a late push for him.
Davante Davis, idk if the canes are recruiting him but I hope their are, kid has a lot of talent.

CB Tyrek Cole (Committed to FSU)
CB Davante Davis

S Jaquan Johnson (Committed to Miami)
S Tim Irvin
S Carlton Davis (Committed to Ohio State)
S Ben Edwards

Advertisement
Oh, and anyone got info on this Edwards article?

Chris Nee ‏@CNee247 18m

#Miami Not Too Late With In-State DB Ben Edwards http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Not-Too-Late-With-In-State-DB-Ben-Edwards-31017334

Edwards’ ties with either one didn’t last and he’s back on the market. However, he’s hoping to take some positives away from what surely were unpleasant situations.
“I learned to wait it out, be more patient, and really consider more options,” Edwards said. “Now I research to find out everything I can about a school and take my time. Also I have the opportunity to watch the games for some of these teams. I want to see what they do with their safeties in whatever defensive scheme they run.”
Miami is the new kid on the block in Edwards’ (6-0, 196) recruitment. They offered three weeks ago so was he excited or disappointed it didn’t arrive earlier?
“It was a little bit of both honestly, more excited though,” Edwards said. “Of course it would have been nice to get it before but it’s still a good opportunity. I’ve been talking to Coach Golden on Twitter but I didn’t really connect with my position coach yet. I met somebody from Miami in the spring but I forgot who it was.”
Edwards remembers the days when the Hurricanes were an elite program and he even views them in a positive light now despite how things have changed.
“They have a pretty good football program and it’s not too far away from home,” Edwards said. “I was a big fan of Sean Taylor, my favorite player ever right there. I always grew up liking the ‘U’ and I’m looking at them now. They’re not at the same level they used to be but they’re not a bad team by any means.”
Also among Edwards’ list of 22 BCS offers are Georgia, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Penn State, Stanford, and UCLA. He hasn’t taken a ton of visits so his officials could go a long way in determining where he ends up.
“I would say in December, towards the end of the season, that’s when I’m hoping to commit,” Edwards said. “I have an idea of who I like but I didn’t let out a list of schools or anything. I’m trying to get visits in with Stanford, UCLA, Michigan State, maybe Miami.”
Before he hits the road to check places out in-person, Edwards has considered a few factors that will help him differentiate between his options.
“Distance is not really a big factor for me but I do want to play early,” Edwards said. “That’s basically up to me at the end of the day and what I decide to put in. Education is also big for me, tradition, atmosphere, environment, I look at all that stuff.”
Edwards recorded 37 tackles and 2 interceptions last season as the Conquerors captured the class 3A state title in dominating fashion.
Edwards is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 18th in the nation at his position and 42nd overall in the state of Florida.

I'm thinking....

CB: Tyrek Cole, Davante Davis

CB/S: Tim Irvin

S: Jordan Cronkrite(RB), Jaquan Johnson

I don't think we get Carlton, and I don't think we get Edwards either.

SBB if something happens there. Until something develops with the Monarch boys. I say thats our DB class and I'm all for it.

Cronk has a lot of upside on defensive side of the ball. He's open to defense as long as he has fair shot on offense first. I've mentioned numerous times, I view Cronk with the ceiling of a good RB. BUT I view him with the ceiling of a great safety.

Irvin will be one of the most dangerous punt returners the day he steps on campus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm thinking....

CB: Tyrek Cole, Davante Davis

CB/S: Tim Irvin

S: Jordan Cronkrite(RB), Jaquan Johnson

I don't think we get Carlton, and I don't think we get Edwards either.

SBB if something happens there. Until something develops with the Monarch boys. I say thats our DB class and I'm all for it.

Cronk has a lot of upside on defensive side of the ball. He's open to defense as long as he has fair shot on offense first. I've mentioned numerous times, I view Cronk with the ceiling of a good RB. BUT I view him with the ceiling of a great safety.

Irvin will be one of the most dangerous punt returners the day he steps on campus.

I think we have a better shot with Carlotn and Rashard Felton then Davante Davis at the moment.

I heard miami isn't even recruiting davante davis.

They said he didn't mention miami as one of the schools after him and said fsu is going after him the hardest.

That's what get this staff in trouble they are putting all the focus on cole and c.davis.

You have to recruit other guys hard too in case you miss.

Advertisement
Dont understand why people are saying were getting Cole, hes still committed and even when people question him on it, he states he still solid to Fsu.

They said he didn't mention miami as one of the schools after him and said fsu is going after him the hardest.

That's what get this staff in trouble they are putting all the focus on cole and c.davis.

Davante better than Carlton. Staff crazy if they are not in hot pursuit by now.

Advertisement

Davante better than Carlton. Staff crazy if they are not in hot pursuit by now.

I would say they're crazy regardless

Advertisement
Dont understand why people are saying were getting Cole, hes still committed and even when people question him on it, he states he still solid to Fsu.

agreed. Months go by and he is still committed to FSU

Remember Cook with Clemson and UF? Months as a commit to both when everybody knew he wasn't going to stick. Let's not act like we haven't seen this

Looks like my predictions were right with us recruiting 3 RBs (when everyone said 2 was the #) and when at the beginning of the year, I was worried we was not going after guys like McFadden, Davis, Brewton, and Burgess Becker(BB at safety not WR). One thing our coaches need to learn is when a class is deep at a particular position, you stack up. Every cycle will have classes with specific positions that are strong in numbers. This cycle, even though it's not over, we are focusing on a limited amount of guys at DB which makes me smh. I hope next cycle we learn from our mistakes and have spots open for guys like Amir Rasul, Victor, and Pinder (not feeling the newbold hype).

Advertisement
Back