Daytonacane had surgery

daytonacane

Redshirt Freshman
My mitral valve replacement w via minimal invasive procedure at the Univ. of Miami Hospital by Dr. Joseph Lamelas was done Oct. 30th (I was discharged on Nov. 4th) and was successful. The amazing part was that I have had absolutely no pain at the surgery site which is midline on the right side of my body and is about 1 1/2 inches long. Dr. Lamelas is treated like a king. The guy in the next room from me was from Iran. Obviously, Dr. Lamelas is in high demand.

I didn't realize that UM Hospital was the former Cedars on 14th Ave. They have really modernized it. I watched our game this past Sat. and it appears we were responsible for Willie being fired. Too bad as I would have liked him to stay.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1573233520411.png

I keed, I keed!

My mitral valve replacement w via minimal invasive procedure at the Univ. of Miami Hospital by Dr. Joseph Lamelas was done Oct. 30th (I was discharged on Nov. 4th) and was successful. The amazing part was that I have had absolutely no pain at the surgery site which is midline on the right side of my body and is about 1 1/2 inches long. Dr. Lamelas is treated like a king. The guy in the next room from me was from Iran. Obviously, Dr. Lamelas is in high demand.

I didn't realize that UM Hospital was the former Cedars on 14th Ave. They have really modernized it. I watched our game this past Sat. and it appears we were responsible for Willie being fired. Too bad as I would have liked him to stay.
Good news man I prayed for it to go well glad it went well man.

Lamelas is a great doctor and the recipient of a great PR campaign.

Glad you’re doing well sir!
Daytona is a she!!

Where have you been?

I'm sure she appreciates the sentiment, but it has been written about multiple times on this site. Her late husband Doug Davis was a fullback for UM in the 57-61 era, playing with UM greats Fran Curci, Eddie Johns, Jim Otto, Bill Miller, among others.

Advertisement
Glad to hear you're doing well, Daytona!

I've been wondering about you and posted a few times asking if anybody had seen any posts by you.

About a week ago there were some messages exchanged by the sons of Ben Rizzo and Nick Spinelli. I would think you would have known both Ben and Nick. After Bill Miller and Larry Wilson left at the end of the '61 season (Mira's first year) I think Nick would have been there as flanker (didn't call that position WR back then) with George through the '63 season. George and Nick would have been freshmen in '60, I guess. Would've overlapped with Doug. I think Ben Rizzo came in about the same time. I remember him playing primarily DE, although some offense, around '61-'63.

As I recall, Ben was from the Utica NY area and Nick was from Coraopolis, PA.

Back then, UM players came from pretty much all over the eastern US and the midwest.

Again, thanks for bringing us the good news for which I have been waiting. You go, Girl!

Daytona is a she!!

Where have you been?

I'm sure she appreciates the sentiment, but it has been written about multiple times on this site. Her late husband Doug Davis was a fullback for UM in the 57-61 era, playing with UM greats Fran Curci, Eddie Johns, Jim Otto, Bill Miller, among others.

That was when a FB was still a very important part of the offense. Younger generation have rarely see a FB used

Advertisement
Inwish

I wish a you speedy recovery.

True Cane

Advertisement
Glad to hear you're doing well, Daytona!

I've been wondering about you and posted a few times asking if anybody had seen any posts by you.

About a week ago there were some messages exchanged by the sons of Ben Rizzo and Nick Spinelli. I would think you would have known both Ben and Nick. After Bill Miller and Larry Wilson left at the end of the '61 season (Mira's first year) I think Nick would have been there as flanker (didn't call that position WR back then) with George through the '63 season. George and Nick would have been freshmen in '60, I guess. Would've overlapped with Doug. I think Ben Rizzo came in about the same time. I remember him playing primarily DE, although some offense, around '61-'63.

As I recall, Ben was from the Utica NY area and Nick was from Coraopolis, PA.

Back then, UM players came from pretty much all over the eastern US and the midwest.

Again, thanks for bringing us the good news for which I have been waiting. You go, Girl!

Matador, I knew Spinelli,(not well) but don't remember Rozzo. Back then, Andy Gus recruited heavily in Pennsylvania.

Matador, I knew Spinelli,(not well) but don't remember Rozzo. Back then, Andy Gus recruited heavily in Pennsylvania.

Old Gus had a unique way of recruiting those kids from the coal mining country. He would bye them a one way train ticket to come visit and tell them he was broke and could not pay there way back. Being poor some would just decide to stay here and play. Buying them those train tickets to come down got us in trouble with the NCAA

Old Gus had a unique way of recruiting those kids from the coal mining country. He would bye them a one way train ticket to come visit and tell them he was broke and could not pay there way back. Being poor some would just decide to stay here and play. Buying them those train tickets to come down got us in trouble with the NCAA

Interesting. I did not know that.

Advertisement
Back