Daytonacane had surgery

My mitral valve replacement w via minimal invasive procedure at the Univ. of Miami Hospital by Dr. Joseph Lamelas was done Oct. 30th (I was discharged on Nov. 4th) and was successful. The amazing part was that I have had absolutely no pain at the surgery site which is midline on the right side of my body and is about 1 1/2 inches long. Dr. Lamelas is treated like a king. The guy in the next room from me was from Iran. Obviously, Dr. Lamelas is in high demand.

I didn't realize that UM Hospital was the former Cedars on 14th Ave. They have really modernized it. I watched our game this past Sat. and it appears we were responsible for Willie being fired. Too bad as I would have liked him to stay.
Great news, man!

Advertisement
Get well soon!

so how many “She’s” do we have on this forum. I want to watch my comments aimed mostly at the boys here and be respectful.

Old Gus had a unique way of recruiting those kids from the coal mining country. He would bye them a one way train ticket to come visit and tell them he was broke and could not pay there way back. Being poor some would just decide to stay here and play. Buying them those train tickets to come down got us in trouble with the NCAA
That was a story I never heard. I know he'd bring kids of very modest circumstances down. Most had never seen beaches or the ocean. Seeing South Florida was like seeing paradise.

Sounds like Gus was kidnapping kids from Pennsylvania!

Howard Schnellenberger went on a recruiting visit to UM in the late '40's, early '50's. Came out of Louisville, KY.

I remember he said the rules were looser then, kids on recruiting trips were allowed to, and maybe expected to, participate in scrimmages, I think with the UM varsity. Schnelly said it was a "hellacious" scrimmage.

Howard decided to stay home anyway, probably nothing to do with scrimmage, and play at Kentucky for Bear Bryant, I think.

(Speaking of Bear Bryant, where's the idiot poster who said in another thread that if Saban left Alabama it would be nothing since they had nothing in place to keep them great. Young people nowadays don't know history whether it's Richard Nixon or Bear Bryant. I remember when Bama was almost as dominant year-to-year as they are now. What do they teach in school these days? Schnelly essentially cut his teeth as an offensive assistant under Bear. Howard recruited Namath out of Pennsylvania to Bama. In the '60's we couldn't beat Bama.)

Advertisement
Back