Day After Thoughts

Advertisement
Another thing no one is talking about but I loved...the onside kick call to start the second half. I loved it, and it should have worked...I still don't know how we didn't recover it. Pure balls.

Another thing no one is talking about but I loved...the onside kick call to start the second half. I loved it, and it should have worked...I still don't know how we didn't recover it. Pure balls.

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Golden spoke about that this morning on the Joe Rose Show. He said it should've worked if one of our underclassmen (didn't mention him by name) would've turned around instead of blocking the FSU player.

Want to say it was Jenkins. Doesn't matter, chin music at this point. Bottom line: That was a ballsy move and the only way to take down a team that is a lot more talented than you is to create some breaks for yourself. This was a break that we came 99% of the way toward completing and if it worked out...who knows?

Advertisement
this is a really good post followed by subsequent excellent responses.

this is a perfect example of what a message board should be like

Great post.

It's amazing how much more you notice when you can stomach a 2nd watch. FSU has a great defense and when we don't get yards it's not always the fault of the OC or the QB. Wish people would take that into consideration sometimes.

Agreed, that was the best defense we will face all year.

This. I thought it was gutsy but not needed. If the defense didnt step up, then it would have put us in a bigger hole.

This. I thought it was gutsy but not needed. If the defense didnt step up, then it would have put us in a bigger hole.

That could have been a free 7 for FSU and that's it, blowout and we don't even get a chance.

Advertisement

That could have been a free 7 for FSU and that's it, blowout and we don't even get a chance.

Yeah it could have been. Jimbo could have gotten hit by a bus on the walk up to the stadium, too. If you don't take gambles every now and then in this sport then you are doomed to lose. How many years of neutered football have we watched? How many times have we seen our coaches elect to punt instead of go for it in a makeable situation, or go in to the half without trying to add points, or go in to a prevent defense, or call the gos off in the 4th quarter, or whatever? Am I the only one sick of this?! Fact is we were overmatched in this game, and the only way to win was to try to steal one here and there. We did a good job in the first quarter doing that, and if that onsider had worked...and make no mistakes, the execution was 90% perfect...we could have created another opportunity for ourselves.

Agree with pretty much everything being said. It's hard to blame Fisch when a team stacks the box daring you to throw, and you still can't throw. It's pretty much an impossible situation and that's on Morris. He was getting time, and just couldn't execute. I thought the o-line play was very good. I really think we have a very good offensive line that will almost all be back (Seantrel?). A good foundation, we just need a QB.

Advertisement
was at game and have not rewatched, but seems defense was doing good on disguising or just showing late their coverages. usually I can tell what they are doing but this week they had me saying what is this

Im not big into moral victories( I mean this is UM for pete's sake) but after the game, I felt that this young team played hard, made some progress against a superior team. I actually think it was perhaps Miami's best game of the year in many respects....

was at game and have not rewatched, but seems defense was doing good on disguising or just showing late their coverages. usually I can tell what they are doing but this week they had me saying what is this

So what you're saying is, you're seeing a progression from the first game to the eighth? Well, alright then.

Dorito gonna Dorito? :eekeyes:

Advertisement
Great post, I totally agree on the WR remark. We desperately need an Andre Johnson type kid at WR. We don't have anybody at that position that scares opponents. We seem to have a ton of solid guys like Hurns, Scott, Dorsett and Lewis, but nobody that requires extra attention from the other team

I totally agree... can't wait to lock down the state of Miami... a player like Amari Cooper would have been ours...

Advertisement
Back