Day 2 camp

Advertisement
As long as they're football players, too, I agree. We passed on Schwartz, Thornton, Moore. Just stupid, stupid and stupid. So many failed evals.
We were recruiting Thornton late and by all accounts wanted him. Moore was the odd man out as we thought we had our speed in Wiggins and Pope. Hightower and Ezzard were recruited for their size which made sense at the time. Now these all ended up as misses but in the moment, at the time it made sense to most. There were a couple of people clamoring for Schwartz and a bit more for Moore but unless you were one of the few, this is some Monday morning quarterbacking.

This cycle is even more loaded than 18 at WR, gonna be interesting how it turns out.

That is something u can improve but apparently he hasn't. But even at times when he caught he wasn't dynamic at all....it felt like u were watching a basic wr. So his rating was off big time....they say services downgrade UM verbals but not him he was rated way too high imo.

His highlight tape was 2 minutes. That’s a red flag.

A huge part of his problem was mental. That accounts for the drops and partially for the falling. Look at the moves he made on those returns he never showed that type of balance here. I always thought he was thinking to much and trying to hard. Made him stiff and kind of frozen. Never showed athletic ability he is known to have.

He maxed out physically in high school. Body didn’t change at all. Don’t think him and Wiggins were too fond of weights. Harley got bigger. They didn’t.

Regardless, he way underperformed his ranking.b ck[

Advertisement
As long as they're football players, too, I agree. We passed on Schwartz, Thornton, Moore. Just stupid, stupid and stupid. So many failed evals.
we didnt pass on Schwartz.

The other 2 yea.

Schwartz was another one coached by Rumph since he was like 9 years old...but he was a GATOR. They actually lossed him to Auburn. We probably knew we had no shot with Schwartz.

We were recruiting Thornton late and by all accounts wanted him. Moore was the odd man out as we thought we had our speed in Wiggins and Pope. Hightower and Ezzard were recruited for their size which made sense at the time. Now these all ended up as misses but in the moment, at the time it made sense to most. There were a couple of people clamoring for Schwartz and a bit more for Moore but unless you were one of the few, this is some Monday morning quarterbacking.

This cycle is even more loaded than 18 at WR, gonna be interesting how it turns out.

I wanted all three of them. I didn't explicitly rank them higher than any of the kids we took. But I thought we should make room. Ezzard, in particular, seemed like a dumb take when we had So FL kids we knew were productive wanting in.

Look, we're all Monday morning QBing here. It's up to the coaches to make the offers. But speed kills, and we haven't had a kid blow the top off the cover safety since Dorsett. Everything changes when the safety needs to take two steps further from the LOS to protect against the 4.3 guy on a go route.

we didnt pass on Schwartz.

The other 2 yea.

Schwartz was another one coached by Rumph since he was like 9 years old...but he was a GATOR. They actually lossed him to Auburn. We probably knew we had no shot with Schwartz.

You know best, my man. But I don't recall us fighting for him very hard. Maybe we had no chance. I don't expect Mario to let someone with that speed go elsewhere without a epic battle, though.

I wanted all three of them. I didn't explicitly rank them higher than any of the kids we took. But I thought we should make room. Ezzard, in particular, seemed like a dumb take when we had So FL kids we knew were productive wanting in.

Look, we're all Monday morning QBing here. It's up to the coaches to make the offers. But speed kills, and we haven't had a kid blow the top off the cover safety since Dorsett. Everything changes when the safety needs to take two steps further from the LOS to protect against the 4.3 guy on a go route.
You need speed and size at the position. We needed some size and we took Hightower and Ezzard. I think ezzard is the easiest one to pick on as he wasn’t local but we needed size. That then leaves Wiggins, cause Pope regardless how he turned out was a must get/take. The argument for Wiggins was the AH pipeline at that time. In the end they were all bad decisions though but at the time the right picks. We were all ecstatic of that WR class even if we felt we should have taken another kid.

Advertisement
You know best, my man. But I don't recall us fighting for him very hard. Maybe we had no chance. I don't expect Mario to let someone with that speed go elsewhere without a epic battle, though.
Yea we didnt try hard your right.

Just from knowing Schwartz though he was basically a uf lay up.

A guy like mario would be persistent about recruiting..manny just fell back n went to others.

Our track team sucks apparently. So we also had that against us.
A big school in florida with a below avg track team should be criminal

Could be wrong about the details, but I distinctly remember insiders saying we were slow playing Schwartz

Not sure where the truth was

You need speed and size at the position. We needed some size and we took Hightower and Ezzard. I think ezzard is the easiest one to pick on as he wasn’t local but we needed size. That then leaves Wiggins, cause Pope regardless how he turned out was a must get/take. The argument for Wiggins was the AH pipeline at that time. In the end they were all bad decisions though but at the time the right picks. We were all ecstatic of that WR class even if we felt we should have taken another kid.
Not gonna lie I thought Hightower was going to be the breakout WR.

Advertisement
Weak, I still think Moore is ***
Naw, you weak for bumping a thread like are you hitting 100% on all your recruiting evals, and for constantly shytting on a player who have carried us a few times and hit shots to win us games. You looking for validation is hoe ****. Your routine is played out.

Is Charlie Moore a star, no, but *** players don’t hit game winners, clutch shots, or big defensive stops in crunch time. You are nowhere to be found when he does something like that but you surly do show up every time he has a turnover during the 4-5 games you have watched all season. No need to over exaggerate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Naw, you weak for bumping a thread like are you hitting 100% on all your recruiting evals, and for constantly shytting on a player who have carried us a few times and hit shots to win us games. You looking for validation is hoe ****. Your routine is played out.

Is Charlie Moore a star, no, but *** players don’t hit game winners, clutch shots, or big defensive stops in crunch time. You are nowhere to be found when he does something like that but you surly do show up every time he has a turnover during the 4-5 games you have watched all season. No need to over exaggerate.
Na, dude is ***

Na, dude is ***
1646611333631.gif

Elijah’s film was filthy when @Coach Macho first shared it here on CiS.

Pope and Wiggins were allegedly 7-on-7 camp “legends”, which we were led to believe by Ariz and others at those camps, and which is not like real football. Both Pope and Wiggins were projects, while Elijah was already a very productive player in high school, and he honestly looked a lot better than the aforementioned.

Elijah was a huge miss. No way to sugarcoat it. Schwartz I can understand, since he was a bit green still as a WR, and Thornton I don’t remember much about.

Advertisement
Back