Dax Hill

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
Some kids and their famiilies aren't into openly breaking rules and violating federal laws.

Acadeimics are also important to some kids.

I'm sure Bama offered him a lot, and it didn't matter. They can offer him even more and it wont make a difference. Bama is ranked #129 by US News. If a kid cares about academics and a future after football at all, he's not picking Bama
Not to mention you can’t use their network for future business endeavors if you leave bama. Who the **** wants to live in bama your whole life

Advertisement
Im a 50/50 guy we have done it before, maybe MR aint cool with that stuff but Im sure some things happen that he doesnt know even if its real simple ****. We r not on the big dogs level and the things they do but Im sure most schools have something. Im not naive like that we have a history of it, maybe u could be right as well cause when we do it with the right people up top we are a very elite team. So who knows its all speculation

I feel you but I think you have to make a distinction between dropping “bags” to get/keep a recruit and a player receiving “impermissible benefits”. We’ve had instances in the past were players received impermissible benefits, we’ve never dropped bags.

Think about the stuff we’ve been penalized for. Shapiro who was a straight criminal wasn’t even dropping bags, he was paying for bottles and table dances to have access to players. Uncle Puke dishing out Benjamin’s for big hits?? Some players receiving free luxury rentals?? Please. Even the Pell Grant scandal, which although a serious crime, the players were receiving a few extra grand a semester which is probably less than their current monthly stipend.

I’m not naive to the likelihood that these things can happen, even under CMR (excluding the Pell Grant scandal). **** 95% of us on this board run into some players at a club and we’re paying their tab or buying them dances. But none of this is getting a recruit to pick your school over another. None of this compares to recruits getting hundreds of thousands of dollars, free cars, homes for their families and even relocating an entire family from Hawaii. This type of stuff has been going on since the 70’s and we have never been a part of that. It’s like comparing some college kid selling some dime bags to pay for his personal weed to Pablo Escobar and the Medillin Cartel.

Hope the kid didn’t go their because of Big Jim cause he’s got Maybe this year and next and if he’s still losing to OSU he’s outta there.

I feel you but I think you have to make a distinction between dropping “bags” to get/keep a recruit and a player receiving “impermissible benefits”. We’ve had instances in the past were players received impermissible benefits, we’ve never dropped bags.

Think about the stuff we’ve been penalized for. Shapiro who was a straight criminal wasn’t even dropping bags, he was paying for bottles and table dances to have access to players. Uncle Puke dishing out Benjamin’s for big hits?? Some players receiving free luxury rentals?? Please. Even the Pell Grant scandal, which although a serious crime, the players were receiving a few extra grand a semester which is probably less than their current monthly stipend.

I’m not naive to the likelihood that these things can happen, even under CMR (excluding the Pell Grant scandal). **** 95% of us on this board run into some players at a club and we’re paying their tab or buying them dances. But none of this is getting a recruit to pick your school over another. None of this compares to recruits getting hundreds of thousands of dollars, free cars, homes for their families and even relocating an entire family from Hawaii. This type of stuff has been going on since the 70’s and we have never been a part of that. It’s like comparing some college kid selling some dime bags to pay for his personal weed to Pablo Escobar and the Medillin Cartel.
Good post, this sounds like the truth and makes sense

Advertisement
Back