Dawson

Advertisement
This. He’s big and kind of athletic for a QB, but he didn’t impress me running the ball.

Left some yards out there and didn’t do anything particularly impressive with his feet.
That's because he was "auditioning" for the portal. he will be portaling to Mars apparently because he can't play QB

Advertisement
I understand your QB is who he is but that gameplan was trash.

When Dawson is in a good groove he can cook but his bad is really bad. The pace of play this team plays with is awful.

Dawson is quickly losing the leadway that most had afforded him.

Dawson is the one coach we have that I wouldn't mind if he left. I'm just not impressed with his playcalling. I'm hoping LSU hires him and takes him off our hands

he doesn’t know what he is doing. And because Mario doesn’t know offensive concepts outside of oline he does not know how to check him

When we were hollering for Mario for years an years b4 this fake coaching search i said the above...that always fell on flat ears....

Said it to you @calinative umstudent OVER AN OVER...when sh*t hits the fan ..Mario cant even call a play

Ran out of bounds like a ***** several times so we ended up with 3rd & 5 instead of 3rd & 2.
That’s the quickest I saw Brown move all day…cutting laterally to run out of bounds to avoid the hit rather than turning it upfield. I would take the West Virginia QB all day over what we have. That kid is half the size of Brown but has twice the toughness and is a better runner.

When we were hollering for Mario for years an years b4 this fake coaching search i said the above...that always fell on flat ears....

Said it to you @calinative umstudent OVER AN OVER...when sh*t hits the fan ..Mario cant even call a play
...Mario isn't here to call plays, so why does that matter?
Mario can coach OL. He can recruit at an insanely high level.
He has negatives. His job is to hire good enough coordinators and recruit enough talent that his GameDays coaching doesn't result in losses.
I look at the results and say we are on a n upward trajectory and if he succeeds in bringing in a top portal QB I think we will will win 10+ games.
This isn't that complicated. Just cause Mario isn't a coordinator doesn't mean he can't run a successful program or that we have no hope of winning a championship.

And y'all keep making the mistake that there are better alternatives or that we would have as much commitment as we have today with a different coach. Y'all don't wanna accept reality half the time

Advertisement
I understand your QB is who he is but that gameplan was trash.

When Dawson is in a good groove he can cook but his bad is really bad. The pace of play this team plays with is awful.

Dawson is quickly losing the leadway that most had afforded him.
No...if you had to come here to say that, you mean nothing

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol @ people blaming Dawson.

This season offensively is every season Mario has ever had.

Was Dawson to blame for those offensive failures?
FACTS. The contrast between offensive head coaches in miami right now is ******* glaring.. McDaniels @dolphins compared to Cristobal.. my gawd

Dawson, the Mario effect, or whatever the **** it is, it's a failure. Point blank, there's a dozen Texas OC'ers alone that would do a better job with the offense than we have.
I've always said just grab any OC from a big time Texas high school or some smaller texas college. They'll do just fine and open it up

And somehow he got hired as our OC in spite of zero first hand achievements as an OC.

Im definitely not a Dawson apologist but the guy before him (Gattis) won the Briles!

To me, Mario is eventually going to have to have a moment like Saban had where he hired OCs he wasn't particularly comfortable with. Sark and Kiffin weren't guys Saban would have looked to earlier in his career. But, he understood where the game was going.

We have the money. It's time to move on and hire the best candidate, regardless of whether they run the ball 50x a game

Advertisement
Back