Dawson talks offense after spring practice #2

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Miami’s offense jumped from abysmal to above-average last year under offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson. The team moved from 114th (19.4 ppg) to 38th (30.1 ppg) in scoring offense and 104th (4.8) to 25th in yards per play. But all of that improvement was lost in extended droughts and turnovers. Much of that was caused by inconsistent quarterback play. Dawson hopes to turn that around this year with the addition of Washington State transfer Cam Ward. He spoke on his leadership after...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I could wrong but without looking it up, I’m almost certain the last two regimes we’ve had where we had the same OC for at least two years: we’ve won an average of 9 games.

Year two of Richt/Brown OC combo, we won 10 games.

Year two of Lashlee/OC, want to say it was the Covid season and we went 8-3, barely missed the ACCCG, and lost QB King to an ACL and QB Kosi STILL almost beats OKST if it were not for Pope dropping multiple big passing plays.

All in all, this aligns with Vegas win total being at the 9.5 mark….buckle up boys and girls, going to be a fun year for Cane Nation

I could wrong but without looking it up, I’m almost certain the last two regimes we’ve had where we had the same OC for at least two years: we’ve won an average of 9 games.

Year two of Richt/Brown OC combo, we won 10 games.

Year two of Lashlee/OC, want to say it was the Covid season and we went 8-3, barely missed the ACCCG, and lost QB King to an ACL and QB Kosi STILL almost beats OKST if it were not for Pope dropping multiple big passing plays.

All in all, this aligns with Vegas win total being at the 9.5 mark….buckle up boys and girls, going to be a fun year for Cane Nation
Vegas already set the line at 9.5? Source please and thanks

Advertisement
Vegas already set the line at 9.5? Source please and thanks
IMG_2670.png

Advertisement
Nice report. Notice how we didn't hear anything about Grandpa Cam? I like that. Hopefully he is never mentioned by the staff and fades into oblivion.

That was year one. Year two was when King got hurt and he turned TVD into Dan Marino.

Advertisement
Spoke to a player who was talking up Arroyo and Williams. This offence will be able to bring a lot of interesting formations and personnel groupings to give other teams trouble.

Dawson really knows to show something this year.

While Miami’s offense did take a big jump, if you look at SP+ 2023 pre-season projections, the computer had us making that kind of jump just due to the amount of production we returned. And the computer didn’t take into account Gattis being gone. So Dawson did what the analytics projected that Gattis would do.

It’s not particularly impressive in that context. This is the year Dawson needs to kill it.

Dawson really knows to show something this year.

While Miami’s offense did take a big jump, if you look at SP+ 2023 pre-season projections, the computer had us making that kind of jump just due to the amount of production we returned. And the computer didn’t take into account Gattis being gone. So Dawson did what the analytics projected that Gattis would do.

It’s not particularly impressive in that context. This is the year Dawson needs to kill it.

On offense, I'm not really impressed by production if you can't score. We looked like crap too many games. So I'm 100% with you that Dawson has his guy now and needs to put on a show.

Advertisement
Back