Dawg Nation Podcast - Jadon/Tyrique - interview with Matt Shodell of TOS

jackbenimble71

Greentree All American and 7th Floor Crew wingman
Purgatory
Last edited:
Advertisement
https://www.dawgnation.com/football...cast-5-star-wr-jadon-haselwood-uga-12-13-2018

Pretty good pocast. Although I am not a canesport fan, Matt pretty much nails it when he says he thinks Richt may be clueless with how bad it is out there cause he came from UGA where he had built up so much good will with the fans and he it won’t be like that here

Richt did some amazing things at UGA. They were completely irrelevant from the time they won a title (1980?) and brought them back to a consistent program that won 9-10 games a year on average. He brought them to relevancy and being completely competitive. That's where Richt's good will came from, but in the end, a large portion of the fanbase saw that Richt was limited and reached his ceiling and his better days as a coach were behind him - here comes Kirby Smart who's taken them to the next level.

Richt was supposed to do at Miami what he did at UGA. Get us back to the next tier at winning 9-10 games per year and being competitive, then ride off into the sunset so that we get our own version of Smart who has us competing at the next tier. Unfortunately, we're not far off from the Al Golden era going into year 4.

If we win the Bowl game that will average 9 wins for 3 years. Not a bad start from where this program has started
with this regime
tenor.gif

Advertisement
i think the man is burned out. he coached 18 years as a HC and what another 5 as a OC without a break? thats alot.

Advertisement
This stop on the Mork train to retirement was nothing more than him wanting to prove the people that doubted him and his antiquated offense and fired him for it were wrong.
It had nothing to do with coming back to his alma mater and bringing it back to prominence.

Well it seems the people that ran his *** out of Athens knew what they were doing and the idiots at UM,mainly Flake James who needs to be canned NOW,that hired him thinking he had anything in mind other than stroking his ego and giving his idiot kid a job made a sHT hire as usual and this program is paying the price once again.

If Mork does not hire an OC this offseason it will show what this pleasure cruise into retirement has been all about.If he’s not fired the minute he says he’s not hiring an OC this offseason then we as Cane fans are once again FCKED by the worst AD and BOT in CFB.

Advertisement
This stop on the Mork train to retirement was nothing more than him wanting to prove the people that doubted him and his antiquated offense and fired him for it were wrong.
It had nothing to do with coming back to his alma mater and bringing it back to prominence.

Well it seems the people that ran his *** out of Athens knew what they were doing and the idiots at UM,mainly Flake James who needs to be canned NOW,that hired him thinking he had anything in mind other than stroking his ego and giving his idiot kid a job made a sHT hire as usual and this program is paying the price once again.

If Mork does not hire an OC this offseason it will show what this pleasure cruise into retirement has been all about.If he’s not fired the minute he says he’s not hiring an OC this offseason then we as Cane fans are once again FCKED by the worst AD and BOT in CFB.

I continue to harp that Richt gave two fcks about his alma mater in his earlier coaching yrs when we offered him, and this dude literally said in 05 he was rooting for LSU over his alma mater (mind u, LSU is one of his rivals) due to SEC pride.

This cuck is far, far, FAR removed from being a Cane. I consider him more F$U than Miami anyway.

He took the $, w the perks, and his intentions are purely selfish. Go look at his comments about losing. He’s unmotivated and why would he be? Oh, that’s right; he gave $1m of his money and told everybody about it, towards the IPF. That’s y he’s invested? No; that was him playing chess w the BOT, synching him into a position where you can’t tell him chit. Hence, Blake James said, ‘Well, I’ll try to catch up to him during the dead period, which the coaches should be available then. We’ll talk, but what that means, I don’t know.’ Lol!

I never wanted Richt here, but I tried to justify the hire (being a homer). I never thought Blake was a real AD. It’s time for the BOT to hire a real AD and a coach that’s passionate about WINNING. Not passionate about kissing babies or working w family or working on their sun-tan. Someone who can motivate, innovate, and who’s winning personality resonates w/in the team.

I continue to harp that Richt gave two fcks about his alma mater in his earlier coaching yrs when we offered him, and this dude literally said in 05 he was rooting for LSU over his alma mater (mind u, LSU is one of his rivals) due to SEC pride.

This cuck is far, far, FAR removed from being a Cane. I consider him more F$U than Miami anyway.

He took the $, w the perks, and his intentions are purely selfish. Go look at his comments about losing. He’s unmotivated and why would he be? Oh, that’s right; he gave $1m of his money and told everybody about it, towards the IPF. That’s y he’s invested? No; that was him playing chess w the BOT, synching him into a position where you can’t tell him chit. Hence, Blake James said, ‘well I’ll try to catch up to him during the dead period, which the coaches should be available then. We’ll talk, but what that means, I don’t know.” Lol!

I never wanted Richt here, but I tried to justify the hire (being a homer). I never thought Blake was a real AD. It’s time for the BOT to hire a real AD and a coach that’s passionate about WINNING. Not passionate about kissing babies or working w family or working on their sun-tan. Someone who can motivate, innovate, and who’s winning personality resonates w/in the team.

I’m with you on the his being a Nole.Guy gave a million to the IPF and got an extension worth 16 mil...not a bad investment.

Like I said if he doesn’t hire an OC especially after this DC debacle with Patke being a co-DC along with Banda who has very limited experience and none being a DC he should canned on the spot.

The dismantlement of this program into something akin to an FBS program will be the end result of Mork trying to stroke his ego.T will take years to undo what he’s in the midst of doing.Im afraid my d *** will never see us at the top again.

He took the $, w the perks, and his intentions are purely selfish. Go look at his comments about losing. He’s unmotivated and why would he be? Oh, that’s right; he gave $1m of his money and told everybody about it, towards the IPF. That’s y he’s invested? No; that was him playing chess w the BOT, synching him into a position where you can’t tell him chit. Hence, Blake James said, ‘Well, I’ll try to catch up to him during the dead period, which the coaches should be available then. We’ll talk, but what that means, I don’t know.’ Lol!

**** I had no idea he said he was rooting for LSU over us..smh...some Cane huh?
I've already said for a while that his heart is in trailerhasse and JawJa but not here. I had never heard of him giving back to the school or visiting like other former Cane players. He wasn't all Miami until he needed a job after his precious JawJa fired him. People got really mad at me when I said he isn't a Cane but I continue to stand by my claims.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel bad for Jaquan bec

I never wanted Richt here, but I tried to justify the hire (being a homer). I never thought Blake was a real AD. It’s time for the BOT to hire a real AD and a coach that’s passionate about WINNING. Not passionate about kissing babies or working w family or working on their sun-tan. Someone who can motivate, innovate, and who’s winning personality resonates w/in the team.[/Q

I think you're clueless but its America and you're allowed to be.

i think the man is burned out. he coached 18 years as a HC and what another 5 as a OC without a break? thats alot.
So take some pressure off of yourself and get yourself great coaches. This Patke/Banda thing is a joke. To keep them from Temple? Bye. Replaced by Grinch & Barrow tomorrow. Make your life easier by making quality hires, let them use us as a spring board. We seriously didnt even accept applications.

Advertisement
Back