Davon Reed

CTCANE

Junior
To the Phoenix Suns 2nd pick of the 2nd round. Not guaranteed money but great to see him get picked. Great Cane both on and off the court.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did not see him going that high. Good for him.

He should be able to carve out a nice niche for himself.

He had half the analysts saying he wasn't going to even get picked. I turned on the draft at pick 50 hoping to see him in the last 10 picks before I realized he was a **** near first rounder. Congrats Davon!

Advertisement
Happy for Davon, and if he makes the roster, I will make the drive from Tucson to see him play. I think he'll make the roster,just because he can do everything.When you are a versatile player, teams will find a role for you. He can defend, shoot from distance, and has the physical gifts that the NBA salivates over (Long, and lanky).

Wow. Good for him. Surprising that Davon got drafted and Sheldon Mac didn't.

He got so close to that guaranteed $ too.

Great for Davon. Hopefully he makes the team this year. He will be competing with Millsap and Barbosa for time behind Booker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wow, I am very surprised. The Suns may have made a good choice there. No great strengths, but no weaknesses either. Reliable, team-oriented, good defender. Won't lose the game. I'll be rooting for him.

Can be a D and 3 guy off the bench behind Booker. Competitor and can get to the hole. I think he makes the team. Congrats to him! He was a very good player for us.

When you can cover four positions on the court, shoot, and have a high basketball IQ- there is a place for you in today's NBA. One of my favorite players to play ball at UM. Such a reliable player who even in his junior year was the guy I trusted the most in late game situations.

Advertisement
Really happy for Davon. Hope he can lock down a roster spot this preseason.

there is a need for guys like DR in the league, super happy for him, couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Advertisement
there is a need for guys like DR in the league, super happy for him, couldn't happen to a nicer guy

John Salmons was similar player and lasted a long time in NBA

Salmons was a 14 year NBA player, and had a 5-6 year stretch where he averaged 13-20 ppg. It would be nice if Reed had a career like that. He also has a net worth of $20 million.

Advertisement
Back