Davin Cotton

Is it the money, or are kids completely retarded these days? Did he really not know what the depth chart looked like? It's not like it is a few years down the line, he's trying to leave after one frickin year.

If he's any good and wants to work we should totally take him.

All the kids think they are the best. They’re told that by everyone around them starting in flag football through high school. Especially the linemen that are always the biggest baddest dudes on the field.

Advertisement

Top 300 dt from a year ago that played 2 games before he took the rs but was on a stacked dline at LSU

Want on Name + Bayou Trench Demon

All the kids think they are the best. They’re told that by everyone around them starting in flag football through high school. Especially the linemen that are always the biggest baddest dudes on the field.

No doubt. It's just kinda comical that this guy is throwing in the towel after one year. You know what? This is the one portal kid I've heard about I definitely don't want. He had the stones to go to a school with a loaded line but gave up after one season. I don't blame kids for moving so they can play, but this guy didn't really give it a chance.

Don’t know if it’s a depth chart causality issue or what so we can’t assume he’s dipping into the portal because of it. But if so, it will “enlighten” others to the power of the portal and free agency will commence.

Advertisement
No doubt. It's just kinda comical that this guy is throwing in the towel after one year. You know what? This is the one portal kid I've heard about I definitely don't want. He had the stones to go to a school with a loaded line but gave up after one season. I don't blame kids for moving so they can play, but this guy didn't really give it a chance.

It sounds like it’s more than just a roster issue , I mean he played as a true Fr in a big boy position. So I doubt he’s running from competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It sounds like it’s more than just a roster issue , I mean he played as a true Fr in a big boy position. So I doubt he’s running from competition.

Maybe he is realizing how lame a 3-4 is for a D-Lineman. He is an explosive technique guy - he might want to chase quarterbacks instead of just eat up space and take a block for the LBs to get the real action. Just a thought. Who knows.

Advertisement
We don’t need another dt transfer

We need A REAL DT transfer.

This kid is the type of DT that is normally out of reach from us due to the price tag. The $EC gets this and hoards them.

I might be wrong, but this isn't a 1 year transfer deal. We need monsters in the middle....We were lucky Willis was able to stick around and be that guy this year.

UM

Man, IMO, a lot of bad info on this kid here. I think he would be a great fit for us.

Some facts:

• Has perfect technique and ridiculous first step (that's all we need in ACC)
  • Didn't play senior year HS, and was not heavily recruited - never got a "bag dropped" on him. He only had 3 offers, only 1 P5 offer
  • His weight turns people off - He is 270 at best - having trouble putting on weight. He's so quick with his feet and has great hands, I don't think it should be a deciding factor for us.

Advertisement
Back