David Thompson

oh ok...you posted as I typing and I didn't see it...lol. I know what you are saying there is just no way to tell and there will always be some midget prove everyone wrong like f-ing Flutie.

Advertisement
For a QB in a pro-style offense, height is a plus. Everyone can bring up examples of 6' and under QBs that succeeded, but there's a reason why scouts and teams place a premium on taller QBs.

To put it another way, say there are two comparable QB recruits for your pro-style offense. Similar HS production, winning team, arm strength, athleticism, good character, etc.

EXCEPT, one is 6'4" and the other is 5'11".

10 times out of 10, teams will go with the taller prospect.

Last edited:
Someone needs to go back and check th college stats for McCoy, Daniel, and especially Moore. Suck is hardly a word I would use to describe their careers

Advertisement
If the kid couldn't play in our system he wouldn't have been recruited, period. Has an arm, is mobile in the pocket, can make plays outside of the pocket, etc. He is bigger than Russel Wilson, who just took a team to the Rose Bowl out of the Pro Set Offense at Wisconsin. Enough. He will either be good or he won't but his height will not be the reason he does or doesn't.

Advertisement
Golden recruited him...that's enough for me. Could he hit an open receiver and run an offense? If he can I can care less what height he has. Sometimes measurables are way overblown. Can you play the game effectively??

Isn't this thread supposed to be about David Thompson?

He's probably going to enroll at UM?

I'm sorry I didn't realize the MLB draft had come and gone already. Did he even get drafted? What round?

Thompson probably isn't going to get any time on the field until at least his RS sophmore season, maybe longer if Williams wins the job.

Advertisement
Man....y'all really ran with my comment. Never said that the kid was gonna suck. I like his talents just wish he was just a touch taller...I'd like him over the other Frosh kids.

Advertisement
lets give the kid a chance... he might win us a title 1 day, he may transfer but remember he plays baseball as well, thats 1 of the main reason he is gonna be here as well, so if he doesnt pan out to be a good QB then he maybe a great baseball player... But he will rep the U. enough said...

Advertisement
Back