Off-Topic David Crosby dead at 81

Advertisement
crosby was uniquely cantankerous, even in his youth. he was a dIIIck from day one and he fought with everyone around him. his last wife must have been a saint. the last one or two studio albums for CSN they couldn't be together in the studio together. at the end of his life, none of stills, nash or young would talk to him. they disliked him that much.

so his opinion of eddie van halen isn't surprising.

Advertisement
crosby was uniquely cantankerous, even in his youth. he was a dIIIck from day one and he fought with everyone around him. his last wife must have been a saint. the last one or two studio albums for CSN they couldn't be together in the studio together. at the end of his life, none of stills, nash or young would talk to him. they disliked him that much.

so his opinion of eddie van halen isn't surprising.
Honestly I know little of his music, never been much of a fan of folk. But I know he was legendary and contributed music that millions of people loved - I can appreciate that.

Advertisement
Best remembrance came from Roger Stone:

Fm9Jg43WYAIXxtU

Didn't expect to see CIA was playing the long game with 81 year old David Crosby - liver transplant, hepatitis, diabetes, etc.

'Meh' is a perfectly acceptable answer IMO. People like what they like...
I wouldn’t expect Crosby to be a fan of EVH, or vice versa. We were all just sensitive having lost Eddie days prior to the post. Also, the mere fact of having picked up a guitar should give the listener an appreciation of Eddie’s capability. “Not my kind of music, but amazing ability.”

Having said that, I’m a huge Van Halen fan. Know all their songs. Saw each singer with the band at least twice.

I wouldn’t expect Crosby to be a fan of EVH, or vice versa. We were all just sensitive having lost Eddie days prior to the post. Also, the mere fact of having picked up a guitar should give the listener an appreciation of Eddie’s capability. “Not my kind of music, but amazing ability.”

Having said that, I’m a huge Van Halen fan. Know all their songs. Saw each singer with the band at least twice.
Even Charone?!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back