RIP to a true legend.

76821767-FEBB-4D2E-A853-B78B2E9B683C.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pre Covid, my son and I made it a point to go to concerts of Rock Legends, and we were so fortunate to have seen CSN, Chicago, EWF, The Isley's, KC, Frankie Vallee, and many others.
My dad and I did the same. One of my favorite was Tom Petty played in New Orleans right before the start of fall semester my junior year, so my dad hopped in the car, drove up with me from SFL, and we went to the show.

Related to this thread, my dad got us tickets when CSNY toured in 2006. We wound up 7th row center. Magical. Neil Young solo on Only Love Can Break Your Heart was a music moment I will never forget.

The Who in person was quite good too
My first show that I was old enough to remember was my dad taking me to the Quadrophenia tour in the mid 90s. That is a great album and one that I actually prefer to Tommy. Apparently it always was a thorn in Townsend’s life that Quadrophenia never achieved the same critical and popular heights. The Quadrophenia movie was not nearly as good as Tommy because the story of the rock opera was not as strong, but I think the music is much, much better.

He had seen all of their shows in south Florida going back to the mid 70s, including the one where Moon had to be hospitalized after.

Advertisement
Back