Dave Wannstedt

Wannstache? This dude just confirmed his troll status. Motherfcker talking about Dave Wannstache. Wanny is the quintessential MAC coach.

Wanny is a Canes legend. Jimmy Johnsons right hand man. Head of some of the greatest Miami defenses of all time and the 1987 championship

Dude is a true cane

I love when ppl say this

Jimmy Johnson, Howard, or Dennis were not true Canes.

Lets drop this "he is a Miami guy" when describing players or coaches

Advertisement
I thought DW quit because he had enough coaching. He has been out of the game by his choice for a while I think.

he was NFL coach of the year
won 10 games with the phins
took Pitt to a BCS game
he's not my #1 choice but he's not a MAC coach either

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love him or hate him, I think people forget JJ virtually picked him as his successor when he left the Dolphins. At least that is what I recall.

Advertisement
No. Wanny might make a good coordinator under a good coach but he is not head coaching material. They said if given enough time he would turn Pitt into Temple. Plus did you see him when he coached the Dolphins? His wants a three yards and a cloud of dust offense. The man never got the memo that the forward pass is legal. He plays a vanilla offense and thinks punts are ok. Not just no, but **** no.

Did you see Schnelly at Baltimore? Saban at Dolphins? Total failures. Fact that Wanny had the opportunity to head coach Dolphins and Bears means he's a real football guy.

Big league.

And let's not over exaggerate his tenure with Miami. He's been the best coach since Jimmy and too be fair the Dolphins haven't made a splash in the post season since the 80's. Dave wasn't a bad coach. However, I don't know if he truly wants to coach again.

Advertisement
No. Wanny might make a good coordinator under a good coach but he is not head coaching material. They said if given enough time he would turn Pitt into Temple. Plus did you see him when he coached the Dolphins? His wants a three yards and a cloud of dust offense. The man never got the memo that the forward pass is legal. He plays a vanilla offense and thinks punts are ok. Not just no, but **** no.

Did you see Schnelly at Baltimore? Saban at Dolphins? Total failures. Fact that Wanny had the opportunity to head coach Dolphins and Bears means he's a real football guy.

Big league.

And let's not over exaggerate his tenure with Miami. He's been the best coach since Jimmy and too be fair the Dolphins haven't made a splash in the post season since the 80's. Dave wasn't a bad coach. However, I don't know if he truly wants to coach again.

Wanny was a better coach for the Dolphins than Nick Saban was. Indisputable fact. And he's younger.

This is a no brainer.

Advertisement
Back