Coaching Dave Aranda

Advertisement
What’s Aranda’s recruiting track record? I know he had horses at LSU but how much of that was him?

Advertisement
Dana Holgorsen is another name that might be in the pool of possible candidates.

Maybe not too high up, but again nobody’s mentioning him so I felt like I had to.

Don’t shoot me, especially since he had history with our prior quarterback, but at some point I can almost guarantee his name is going to come up
I Dont Ron Burgundy GIF

The more I think about it, the less I like Mario. I just don't see the fanbase being patient enough. It'll be toxic af after 2 consecutive 8-4 seasons.
If Mario is hired here I'll bet you WHATEVER THE FVCK U WANT WON'T EVER BE 8-4 especially with this much talent on both sides of the ball. Only thing he has to shore up is the trenches & with competent coaching were good enough to win in the coastal right now.

Advertisement
From your understanding and point of view how would you rate on a scale of 1-10 of the situation and the future of the program if it goes the way you are expecting?
Way I'm expecting 10... In the real estate world we would be called a quick flip. We're built to win right now and as much as I can't stand this clown, at the very least the immediate future of this program is ALL getting invaluable experience. These kids with real coaching and some more depth are competing for a championship within a few years.

If Mario is hired here I'll bet you WHATEVER THE FVCK U WANT WON'T EVER BE 8-4 especially with this much talent on both sides of the ball. Only thing he has to shore up is the trenches & with competent coaching were good enough to win in the coastal right now.
I'll bet you if he's hired we're 8-4 year 1. 100 bucks

Just so were clear below 8-4 I win. 9-3 and above you win

Absolutely. 8-4 is a push 9 I win. 7 or less u win. But let me look at schedule real quick to see if it's any tougher than the last few years. Just realized I said 100. I won't even look at the schedule. I call that.

Ahhh. U pulled a slick one on me. I can only find 10 games we got scheduled. Well have 2 or 3 losses. But I'm a man of my word. 9 wins for me 7 or less for u. Assuming Mario is the coach.

Advertisement
But Aranda has already expressed interest in the UM job....

Great to hear. Aranda has been rising in my estimation all year long, but he really got me hooked when he called timeouts to score again vs. Oklahoma.

It's hard to figure out whether his interest in UM is "general" (as in, "I'm here, don't exclude me from an interview") or if it is specific enough that he would take an early and/or slightly lesser $ offer from UM over other opportunities (actual or potential).

Impressive (though small) body of work as a HC. I'd love to see a couple of extra years of HC experience, simply for evaluative purposes, but he'll likely get a few good offers regardless.

Advertisement
Why is that? He’s from California, right?
Yes he’s from Cali. I just know know enough about coach to suggest that the current state of things makes him lean Miami. The easiest path for a quick turn around is at Miami.. he doesn’t want to rebuild he wants to retool for a run right now. He could do that at lsu easily. Or Miami with a easier path

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back