Davante Peete Top Two

I like the big WRs but I'd sure like to see one or two normal sized 6'0/5'11 guys that are rockets, too. The roster is getting pretty heavy with the giants... after this year only Coley, Berrios and Lewis would remain in the non-giant category, and Coley and Lewis will be gone the next year. More speed, more explosion to complement these guys, please.

I agree. Its pretty obvious the staff likes huge WRs. Berrios once he gets healthy is going to be a nightmare for defenses.

Berrios WILL be SPECIAL in a canes uniform

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully Cris Carter keeps his dirty paws off this kid.

After the way they treated his son not to sure he will be pushing players there

Wasn't he ruled academically ineligible? I don't really think thats O$U's fault. Although I'm sure now that Meyer is there, the days of football players being declared academically ineligible at O$U are loooong gone. That dude got Timmy Tebow on the Academic All-American list and hes as dumb as a box of hammers.

I like the big WRs but I'd sure like to see one or two normal sized 6'0/5'11 guys that are rockets, too. The roster is getting pretty heavy with the giants... after this year only Coley, Berrios and Lewis would remain in the non-giant category, and Coley and Lewis will be gone the next year. More speed, more explosion to complement these guys, please.

Couldn't agree more. Not only do we need more Miami speed at the skill positions, but we also need dynamic space players who are dangerous after the catch for future classes. It doesn't seem like there are any realistic targets who fit that profile among the receivers we're in the running for this cycle.

It would be a tough pill to swallow to miss on the elite in-state receivers for the second year in a row (Rudolph, Dixon, Lane, Ridley, Cain, Phillips). Peete is a nice player, though, and he'd be a solid get. Terrell Chatman is the receiver I'm hoping we land the most among the realistic options right now. Charles and Peete would be right behind him, IMO.

And we certainly can't bank on landing more explosive space players in the next cycle, but we'd have to go all out to try to land guys like Bruce and/or Newbold. They'd have to be the top priorities over big-bodied possession alternatives, even if they're legacies like Irvin and Brandon Johnson.

Last edited:
Peete Congratulating Gosier. i think they are close
Congrats to Bro On The Commit To Miami @livinglegend13

Follow up Tweet by Peete:
Me In Rell At The U Would be Nasty W/ Stacy Coley

Peete already know what time it is! he need to jump on board

That's what I have been saying. We need some more fast twitch elite explosive WR's.

Would Trayone Gray count as a fast twitch, explosive WR? He's supposed to be coming in as a WR not a RB.

Advertisement

Theres a lot of those guys next recruiting cycle, this cycle for SoFl at least has more of the big guys that high point the ball, next year there are plenty of those burners (bruce, mullins, etc)

With all due respect, that line of "wait til next year" reasoning has gotten us in deep **** at the QB, WR, DT and CB positions in recent memory. We need to close Ridley this year. Period. Inexcusable to lose out on Rudolph, Lane, Dixon, Ridley and Phillips in a 2 year period.

That said, Peete is a beast and adding him to Gosier is a nightmare.

Whoa i dont think you got the meaning of my post, i was saying that this cycle has a lot of tall receivers with very little speedsters, i never said its ok to lose out on those guys, maybe you should go back and read it again, its ok i sometimes come on this site sh¡t faced and read posts wrong

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
it's not gonna be b/c of grades.

dixon was palm beach and not from as cane friendly a program as st. thomas. urban can recruit, but, i feel much better with peete and sta than dixon in palm beach.

it's not gonna be b/c of grades.

dixon was palm beach and not from as cane friendly a program as st. thomas. urban can recruit, but, i feel much better with peete and sta than dixon in palm beach.

Dixon's coach was bought and paid for by OSU for 5-10 large to come "coach" at some of the camps up there.

it is like OSU's WR coach is reading this thread look at what he just tweeted

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith

Zach Smith @CoachZachSmith · 3m
A Business Decision - Real reckognize Real!! No BS here - The Year of the Real has begun.

454.jpg

Advertisement
Back