Darrion Owens?

grover

Senior
Premium
I expected to see him out there a lot. Any news on how he's progressing?

Advertisement
He still doesn't look very comfortable with his knee. Could be just me but he just doesn't look like he's moving full speed.

Unfortunately he looks big and slow right now. He'll get back but he's obviously struggling. Mike Smith has really surprised me. Perry looked better as well.

Advertisement
Unfortunately he looks big and slow right now. He'll get back but he's obviously struggling. Mike Smith has really surprised me. Perry looked better as well.

I would agree exactly. Mike Smith was solid on his assignments and Perry looked faster than, I think it was MCCloud that went out, he replaced. Owens looked like he has a hitch in his giddy up. Hope he can break through

Not exactly the best type of football team for him to play a lot against to get more comfortable with that knee. Chop blocks galore.

Advertisement
That boy is most likely done. He was kinda of slow before the injury, now he is really being outmatched by all RB and TE's. It's a sad story but it's part of the sport. Unless he gets his speed back, no bueno. May God Bless him.

That boy is most likely done. He was kinda of slow before the injury, now he is really being outmatched by all RB and TE's. It's a sad story but it's part of the sport. Unless he gets his speed back, no bueno. May God Bless him.
He was not slow before injury. He was one of our fastest LB having been a safety in high school. Not giving up on the kid. Not everyone is sure human like Adrian Peterson. I'll give him the next off-season to reclaim his athletic ability.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Totally disagreed. Owen had twitch to him before the injury and played really well last year. He's having a hard time getting back from that knee injury. I think it's part mental, part physical in that he's lost strength over there.

Totally disagreed. Owen had twitch to him before the injury and played really well last year. He's having a hard time getting back from that knee injury. I think it's part mental, part physical in that he's lost strength over there.
2 things. I don't honk he's done. I also don't think it's mental. He isn't close to 100% right now but the guy wants to play. Looking at his leg it still looks half the size of the good leg. That's going to cause trouble with his speed and running ability. He's working to play through it which is commendable. But he's going to struggle until he gets the size and strength back in his leg.

Advertisement
Usually need 2 years to get back to where you were after a major knee injury. Might have to wait until 2018 and 19 to see him back at 100% and confident in his knee.

Advertisement
Kid's not ready, doesn't seem to trust the knee yet. With Grace and Young still on the team he probably isn't playing yet.

Advertisement
Back