Darrion Owens to transfer

View as article
The play that Owens made downfield knocking the ball away from the TE was solid.

Can't remember the last time I saw a Miami LB run downfield and make a play against the TE. It's been awhile.

D Smith to OLB makes sense.

That being said, losing 58 hurts. He made more plays in one game than 53 made all season.

Sad stuff - especially when you think about how much praise 53 got from Diaz in the spring and fall. That dude (53) was garbage this year. Yet we kept hearing about how 53 and Shaq were a cut above Pinckney. That’s scary.

Yup.

Super athletic play from a dude’s 240+ LBs.

Looks like he’s finally getting back to his peak physically.

This isn’t the end of the world, but it’s not good....at all.

NC winning teams keep these kinds of folks on their squads.

Advertisement
Just realized he's gonna be playing for D'Onofrio lmao. Jesus!! Id rather sit on the bench at UM. I understand being comfortable with coaches but he's not getting drafted playing for that guy.

Yes, none of us know these players' situations as it relates to finances. Iirc, McIntosh has a brother at Notre Dame and another lining up in 2019 that will be playing Division 1 ball somewhere. His family isn't going to be hurting in the long term. There's a difference getting drafted in the 5th round and getting cut, then waiting a year and possibly going 1st/2nd round because you're more refined at the next level. Team's are willing to be more patient with you at that juncture.

RJ has a sister, Deon's twin, who attends St. Mary's. Tuition for St. Mary's is 50 thousand a year, that includes room and board.

I don't understand America's education system.

It seems like university just buries you under a mountain of debt that you can never get out from under.

Government increase the amount of student loans every years and universities raise tuition to suck it all up. Cut the amount students can borrow by 50% and tuition will drop like a rock. If you do not understand that the government wants all of us helpless and under its control you have really not been paying attention. If it does something, it is doing it to you not for you.

Yes, none of us know these players' situations as it relates to finances. Iirc, McIntosh has a brother at Notre Dame and another lining up in 2019 that will be playing Division 1 ball somewhere. His family isn't going to be hurting in the long term. There's a difference getting drafted in the 5th round and getting cut, then waiting a year and possibly going 1st/2nd round because you're more refined at the next level. Team's are willing to be more patient with you at that juncture.

RJ has a sister, Deon's twin, who attends St. Mary's. Tuition for St. Mary's is 50 thousand a year, that includes room and board.

It seems like university just buries you under a mountain of debt that you can never get out from under.

Government increase the amount of student loans every years and universities raise tuition to suck it all up. Cut the amount students can borrow by 50% and tuition will drop like a rock. If you do not understand that the government wants all of us helpless and under its control you have really not been paying attention. If it does something, it is doing it to you not for you.

All while brainwashing the student that big government is needed for their survival and well being.

Advertisement

Doesn't apply in this case considering RJ along with his brothers that are playing ball are on scholarships.

Some kids leave early to enter the NFL draft. Other's leave early to compete against guys at other programs, because they can't win the starting job here.

Kid had a bum knee, and still had his chances to show what he had.

Sucker way to go out... In my opinion.

Miami LB Darrion Owens will transfer, sources told Canesinsight. Owens is eligible to play elsewhere immediately since he was a December graduate. Houston is a possible landing spot.

Advertisement
And this is y most have been hollering for Nik to be recruited as well.

Nah. Just like chatfield hes definitely not a lb (atleast initially) hes a project & itll take time to coach him up. Well need and im sure get some linebackers that are game ready.

Would you have passed up on Ryan Shazier? He played DE in high school.

You've got to be kidding me here. This has nothing to do with the fact that he also plays de or multiple positions. This has to do with him and his skill set and if its ready to help the team now. As i said in the exact statement you quoted. "It'll take time to coach him up. " that time right now we don't have due to the positions lack of depth. Im not doubting wether or not **** eventually be a good linebacker or even p5 ready. I wish him the best. But hes not or answer & if you think he is I'm sorry but ill stick to disagreeing.

Relax with the feelings, bro. I just asked you a simple question.

The same thing could've been said about Ryan Shazier. "He played DE in high school, he'll take time to develop."

Why does he need to help the team right now? We're not dying at LB. Our LB corp will be Sophomores and Juniors next season. By the time Bonitto hits the field he should be a RS Freshman or Sophomore, no?

You want a LB that's ready to step in and contribute on defense ASAP, as a Freshman? Not only is that rare but it's not even neccassary when we have 3 cemented Sophomores and some talented Freshman right now.

This True Freshman stud that you desire...
Who's he going to take reps from next season?

Sheriffs, Gray, R.Knowles, McCrary, and Polendry are next.

No way Polendey leaves this year

There is no need to push anyone out. As it is, especially if RJ and Norton leave, we are going to be well under 85 again. We are sitting at 80 for next year after the departures of Gordinier, Owens and Fines including the 19 signees and 1 Commit in Nesta. RS-SR non-contributors (like McCray and J.Jones) will probably move on (just guessing, but seems likely). It is not looking like we are going to sign more than 3 or 4 guys next month. We most likely will be in the 78-80 range again for next year and that sucks.

And this is y most have been hollering for Nik to be recruited as well.

Nah. Just like chatfield hes definitely not a lb (atleast initially) hes a project & itll take time to coach him up. Well need and im sure get some linebackers that are game ready.

Would you have passed up on Ryan Shazier? He played DE in high school.

You've got to be kidding me here. This has nothing to do with the fact that he also plays de or multiple positions. This has to do with him and his skill set and if its ready to help the team now. As i said in the exact statement you quoted. "It'll take time to coach him up. " that time right now we don't have due to the positions lack of depth. Im not doubting wether or not **** eventually be a good linebacker or even p5 ready. I wish him the best. But hes not or answer & if you think he is I'm sorry but ill stick to disagreeing.

Relax with the feelings, bro. I just asked you a simple question.

The same thing could've been said about Ryan Shazier. "He played DE in high school, he'll take time to develop."

Why does he need to help the team right now? We're not dying at LB. Our LB corp will be Sophomores and Juniors next season. By the time Bonitto hits the field he should be a RS Freshman or Sophomore, no?

You want a LB that's ready to step in and contribute on defense ASAP, as a Freshman? Not only is that rare but it's not even neccassary when we have 3 cemented Sophomores and some talented Freshman right now.

This True Freshman stud that you desire...
Who's he going to take reps from next season?

And you got a simple answer. Sorry you feel feelings is involved in that. Problem is i gave you more credit than i apparently should have. You keep mention shazier like him & bonnito are the same person with the same exact skill set(by the way shazier also played significant time as a lb as well. You calling yourself coach and all i thought it would be a given to you that all players arent the same regardless of position.

Advertisement

This guy gets it.

Advertisement

All while brainwashing the student that big government is needed for their survival and well being.

And then there is that.

Who gets rid of srs in the rotation?

LB coaches who never played a lick of organized ball in their life.

Actually they're trying to hold him. Coaches are scheduled to have a meeting with him in hopes of keeping him, but he may not want to play back up anymore or he just doesn't fit what they want.
He is gone... the end

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I liked the kid. It seemed to me he opened the door for some north Fl recruits for us like you son.

Sheriffs, Gray, R.Knowles, McCrary, and Polendry are next.

I want Shirreffs to stay so he can help work with the younger QBs. Remember, Richt paired him with Perry for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he pairs Williams with him as well. He might not ever play significant snaps, but having a smart QB that can help the other, more talented QBs with the mental aspect is a good thing. I hope ALL the QBs stay, because they all offer something different, which can help the collective whole.

Who gets rid of srs in the rotation?

LB coaches who never played a lick of organized ball in their life.

Actually they're trying to hold him. Coaches are scheduled to have a meeting with him in hopes of keeping him, but he may not want to play back up anymore or he just doesn't fit what they want.
He is gone... the end

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

where is he thinking of headed to bro?.

Advertisement
Back