Darrion Owens Safety, Outside Linebacker

Great measurables. Not great football production. Great project.

this ^

more excited about Young, has the production and measurables..

Give me football players!

Owens reminds me of a guy like Ramon Buchanon. Looks great in workouts and running around in gym shorts but doesn't make a lot of football plays for whatever reason. Then, Young is out there tackling everything in sight.

160 tackles, 11 tfl, 3 INT through two years isn't good production?

The production doesn't come close to matching the hype. 80 tackles per year in HS is weak as is 5 TFL per year. 5 TFL shows a guy who lacks instincts. With his physical skills he should have been flat out overwhelming the guys he was playing against.

Advertisement

this ^

Owens reminds me of a guy like Ramon Buchanon. Looks great in workouts and running around in gym shorts but doesn't make a lot of football plays for whatever reason. Then, Young is out there tackling everything in sight.

The production doesn't come close to matching the hype. 80 tackles per year in HS is weak as is 5 TFL per year. 5 TFL shows a guy who lacks instincts. With his physical skills he should have been flat out overwhelming the guys he was playing against.

Young 110 tackles, 5sacks & On offense, he rushed for more than 600 yards and scored 10 touchdowns.

Owen 59 tackles, 2 sacks

this ^

Young 110 tackles, 5sacks & On offense, he rushed for more than 600 yards and scored 10 touchdowns.

Owen 59 tackles, 2 sacks

Unless he played 4 games, that production is turrible. Hopefully, he'll flip flop it and become a real football player and not just an impressive athlete, which is something Ramon Buchanon never pulled off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't someone do a story on why his senior season wasn't more productive?

Yeah that was me. Took direct quotes from his coach

what was the main reason? didn't he say it was due to the move from Safety to LB?

Brief:

- Safety to LB
- Teams that faced him jr. year when he had 101 tackles ran away from him. One school would flip the run if they saw darrion lined up on that side.
- Played with two other d1 LBs

Great post , can the moderators please sanitize the bBS that comes out of a Hal a dozen non contents that don't know what they ate talking about

Advertisement
Like him as a prospect, but must have watched another all-star game. Got very little PT and did little to stand out.

Advertisement

this ^

His Junior year he played safety. Not going to rack up a ton of tackles, TFL's or sacks while playing safety there Chief...

Too many sleepers in this class. We need more proven high school players

Had SEC offers. I meant I think he will pan out to be the next Spence like performer for us

Lots of **** defenses in the SEC this year. You guys are so SEC brainwashed that you assume anyone they look at is awesome. I like Owens as a project because of his great tools, but to think he's not a project is wishful thinking.

this ^

His Junior year he played safety. Not going to rack up a ton of tackles, TFL's or sacks while playing safety there Chief...

Then why'd he have twice as many tackles as a Safety than he had as a LB, Chief...

Advertisement
Back