Darrion Owens is in

CS saying that they spoke to Owens and he said it's still 50/50 and not sure where that information came from. Just sharing.

429.gif

Advertisement
Key thing is if we sign a full class there will have to be some attrition.

We should be praying attrition takes place and certain, useless juniors and seniors fall victim. Not to be a douche but kids on our roster that have no business playing D1 football let alone D1 football at Miami should be given the opportunity to find playing time elsewhere

Funny thing is that there isn't a lot of dead wood on our roster any more.

There's Perry, who will be a 5th year senior.
Then you have fringe guys like Corey King, Hunter Wells, D'Mauri Jones, Hoilett, Blue and Gray Crow.
Jones, Hoilett, Blue and Crow will be redshirt sophomores. I know it seems like they've been here forever, but they really haven't and you can't cut the cord on redshirt sophomores who have spent 2 years developing, because this might be the year they put it together.
King and Wells are key depth players.

Not a lot to work with in terms of attrition.

People don't seem to realize that playing 9 scholarship players down last year has really hurt us.
Not to mention that Fentress and Kidd were part of our 76 scholarship players this year.
We were down 9 schollies this year but it was really 11 if you count the schollies given to the 2 walkons.
That's like a 14% player handicap.

**** about Golden all you want, but when you are not allowed to play with a full deck, then the odds are pretty good you will have some troubles.

9? Lol Butch had to deal with 30

Did Butch sanction his roster for 3 years in a row BEFORE any sanctions were levied?

You haters are like those old retires dreaming about how it was back in their day, while completely ignoring facts.

We should be praying attrition takes place and certain, useless juniors and seniors fall victim. Not to be a douche but kids on our roster that have no business playing D1 football let alone D1 football at Miami should be given the opportunity to find playing time elsewhere

What gives you the confidence that the guy who brought in the guys you think are bums is going to bring in better guys to replace them all?

Advertisement

What gives you the confidence that the guy who brought in the guys you think are bums is going to bring in better guys to replace them all?

I have faith in golden as a talent evaluator and recruiter. Kill me for it, but I really do. I like our '12, '13, and '14 classes a lot. (Current freshmen, sophomores, and HS seniors). Juniors and seniors have more JAGs than they do talent IMO while the younger guys def have more talent in my eyes.

Are there any highlights?

Of his first day of class? Like how finds his way around campus, how well he handles add-drop, where he sits in class, whether he pays more attention to the women or the professor?

I don't think HUDL covers this stuff but I can understand how this is important stuff and mght shed light on whether he contributes this year.

Advertisement

Funny thing is that there isn't a lot of dead wood on our roster any more.

There's Perry, who will be a 5th year senior.
Then you have fringe guys like Corey King, Hunter Wells, D'Mauri Jones, Hoilett, Blue and Gray Crow.
Jones, Hoilett, Blue and Crow will be redshirt sophomores. I know it seems like they've been here forever, but they really haven't and you can't cut the cord on redshirt sophomores who have spent 2 years developing, because this might be the year they put it together.
King and Wells are key depth players.

Not a lot to work with in terms of attrition.

People don't seem to realize that playing 9 scholarship players down last year has really hurt us.
Not to mention that Fentress and Kidd were part of our 76 scholarship players this year.
We were down 9 schollies this year but it was really 11 if you count the schollies given to the 2 walkons.
That's like a 14% player handicap.

**** about Golden all you want, but when you are not allowed to play with a full deck, then the odds are pretty good you will have some troubles.

9? Lol Butch had to deal with 30

Did Butch sanction his roster for 3 years in a row BEFORE any sanctions were levied?

You haters are like those old retires dreaming about how it was back in their day, while completely ignoring facts.

Some of us haven't had a full deck in years.

Advertisement
Back