Darren Rovell trying to shut down the U

Advertisement
He was a business reporter for CNBC and has been writing about sports and business for years. You might not like what he said or the way he said it but he is a smart reporter. And I’m not disparaging what john Ruiz is doing. But
The kid is green and needs to chill out. He sounds foolish.

Tiring for the kid who just graduated college who has no idea what he is talking about? Respect is earned not something you get because you were fotunate enough to be born to a successful lawyer
And Business man.
Again, I don’t consider being on a news station as proof that someone actually knows what they are talking about. Plenty of examples of that on CNN, Fox, ESPN, msnbc, etc. If anything its a strike against him.

He may be eager. Whatever. When you’re cutting those size checks you get to decide how the message is delivered. For years we have complained about not having the financial support to compete with the bag schools. Now that we do, half of our fanbase is ****ting on the people spending.

Last edited:
Again, I don’t consider being on a news station as proof that someone actually knows what they are talking about. Plenty of examples if that on CNN, Fox, ESPN, msnbc, etc. If anything sits a strike against him.

He may be eager. Whatever. When you’re cutting those size checks you get to decide how the message is delivered. For years we have complained about not having the financial support to compete with the bag schools. Now that we do, half of our fanbase is ****ting on the people spending.
I’ve been reading the man’s reporting for twenty years. It’s my opinion that he knows sports and business. The kid is different then the old man. He needs to chill a little. Spend a few more years listening before taking on seasoned business journalists.

Advertisement
1642477921460.gif

Advertisement
I’ve been reading the man’s reporting for twenty years. It’s my opinion that he knows sports and business. The kid is different then the old man. He needs to chill a little. Spend a few more years listening before taking on seasoned business journalists.
Whether he is experienced or not is irrelevant to the current issue. He is picking only on one school threatening to "investigate" while ignoring what is happening at other schools. He also doesn't seem to understand what is happening in Miami is legal due the the recent NCAA player compensation changes. I didn't know anything about this guy until this came up. Not a good introduction.

Advertisement
He was a business reporter for CNBC and has been writing about sports and business for years. You might not like what he said or the way he said it but he is a smart reporter. And I’m not disparaging what john Ruiz is doing. But
The kid is green and needs to chill out. He sounds foolish.

Tiring for the kid who just graduated college who has no idea what he is talking about? Respect is earned not something you get because you were fotunate enough to be born to a successful lawyer
And Business man.
Rovell is totally clueless. Ruiz has hired a boatload of lawyers that are guiding him step by step. Everything is all above board, all legit. He is even taking a case that will go up to the Florida Supreme Court if necessary to finally get some clarification on the NIL process for high school kids. The man himself is a high profile lawyer and businessman. Who is Rovel? A clueless newspaper reporter like Barry Jackson-- totally clueless!

Advertisement
So seasoned, he defended himself not being racist by saying, he has a large MLK collection and black friends.

But, oh my, that seasoning. Yeah, he dropped some salt...

Edit: fwiw, for being a business journalist, he has absolutely no clue about how NILs work. See for yourself:

Advertisement
Back