Darren Rovell trying to shut down the U

Advertisement
But even if Like Wallet is what Rowell thinks it is, it is not an NCAA issue. The NCAA has nothing to do with NIL. All Ruiz needs to do is make sure he is not running afoul of Florida law. And I am very, very, very confident Ruiz’s lawyers have checked all of this out, and have charged Ruiz $650/hour to do so, and have written him an “Advice of Counsel” letter covering him in case they are wrong.
I agree. it appears that Ruizs own attorneys are doing these deals or at least structuring them so I hope they did a better job there than they did with that Complaint. either way, like I said, idc as Long as the deal is NIL legal which it appears that it is

they're gonna be legitimate deals (I guess were still waiting on school approval). the only question which doesn't matter to me or any of us is whether life wallet is just an NIL front or not which seems to be rovells issue with Ruiz. either way, as long as the deal is done legitimately, it doesn't matter what the purpose of the business is. idc if they make a dollar store version of a Fitbit as long as the deals are legal with the players
Maybe I’m giving the school too much credit, but I’d like to think they are getting things out correctly. There is absolutely no reason not to at this point.

I will keep going back to the Texas thing as someone who works in that space. If that somehow passes muster then so does everyone else’s. It is bordering on tax fraud and I would love to hear what value those guys are adding for their NIL in promoting a charity made for them.

Maybe I’m giving the school too much credit, but I’d like to think they are getting things out correctly. There is absolutely no reason not to at this point.

I will keep going back to the Texas thing as someone who works in that space. If that somehow passes muster then so does everyone else’s. It is bordering on tax fraud and I would love to hear what value those guys are adding for their NIL in promoting a charity made for them.
honestly, I don't think there really isn't much value with these deals for businesses outside of initial shock value when they're announced. that's prolly worth it right there for a company since they're not large deals at all (for the life of the deal and it isn't guaranteed, its at best 6 figures?).

Advertisement
I agree. it appears that Ruizs own attorneys are doing these deals or at least structuring them so I hope they did a better job there than they did with that Complaint. either way, like I said, idc as Long as the deal is NIL legal which it appears that it is
NIL laws are pretty easy to understand. Staying within these laws is a lay up.

honestly, I don't think there really isn't much value with these deals for businesses outside of initial shock value when they're announced. that's prolly worth it right there for a company since they're not large deals at all (for the life of the deal and it isn't guaranteed, its at best 6 figures?).
I agree that it is all nonsense. It’s why I bet deals like DJ from Clemson will be few and far between. Put another way, how many NFL guys do you even see getting these deals. It is total form over function across the country and the NCAA is absolutely toothless in enforcing it.

I wonder if this board realizes how good this is for business. Rovell just basically anointed Miami as the place for players to go get NIL. He could have attacked Bama, TAMU, UGA, etc... but our deals are big enough to rock the boat now. He just gave us priceless PR in the recruiting community.

Daren Rovell is a great Cane lol. But Ruiz is even better.
here’s the thing ….he’s giving us all this pub, uniting the fan base, and getting owned for hypocrisy all at the same time.
this proves to me that they are all United in fear….of the 🙌 not ******* around anymore…

Fast And Furious Luke GIF by The Fast Saga

Advertisement
Darren, be it due to the rigors of COVID-19, self-isolation, marital pressures, wear and tear on the body, excess in powdered sugar or something else, has decided to take a 150 foot dive into some jagged rocks just to further confirm he is a world class dumbass.

I think UT has a tax fraud issue as well. At a minimum, I don’ think the boosters giving their money to a 501c3, whose purpose is to then funnel the money to players, should receive the tax deductiuon, and I also don’t think the organization should receive 501c3 classification

Advertisement
Listening to this space with rovell and Alex ruiz. Rovell was a CNBC reporter. Alex ruiz is trying to lecture him. Ruiz sounds ignorant and juvenile. I’m not saying I agree with rovell but he is a smart reporter who has been covering business and sports for years. He makes a lot of good points about NIL.

Advertisement
Listening to this space with rovell and Alex ruiz. Rovell was a CNBC reporter. Alex ruiz is trying to lecture him. Ruiz sounds ignorant and juvenile. I’m not saying I agree with rovell but he is a smart reporter who has been covering business and sports for years. He makes a lot of good points about NIL.
Being on a TV news station, which CNBC is, is not indicative of him being smart and especially not indicative of him knowing the first thing about NIL. Do Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless get deference because they are on sports networks? At best, he came off as ignorant and uninformed with his tweets today. At worst, he came off as having a clear agenda. Any good points he may have about NIL went out the window when he said that this deal, and not Ewers, A&M’s $30m slush fund, or countless others are the problem with the system.

I’d imagine it is tiring for Ruiz to have to deal with guys like Rovell on the national scale and then “fans” like you on a local level.

Being on a TV news station, which CNBC is, is not indicative of him being smart and especially not indicative of him knowing the first thing about NIL. Do Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless get deference because they are on sports networks? At best, he came off as ignorant and uninformed with his tweets today. At worst, he came off as having a clear agenda. Any good points he may have about NIL went out the window when he said that this deal, and not Ewers, A&M’s $30m slush fund, or countless others are the problem with the system.

I’d imagine it is tiring for Ruiz to have to deal with guys like Rovell on the national scale and then “fans” like you on a local level.
He was a business reporter for CNBC and has been writing about sports and business for years. You might not like what he said or the way he said it but he is a smart reporter. And I’m not disparaging what john Ruiz is doing. But
The kid is green and needs to chill out. He sounds foolish.

Tiring for the kid who just graduated college who has no idea what he is talking about? Respect is earned not something you get because you were fotunate enough to be born to a successful lawyer
And Business man.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back