Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

He played himself

1691523015998.png

Advertisement
I’ll admit two things:

1. This thread is waaaay too long (pause) on a dude who had a sip of coffee here & wasn’t a standout in the least

2. The NCAA is trying to flex again.

Honestly, he should have to sit out this yr. This is his 2nd transfer in as many yrs. I understand his mom is sick, and I don’t want to sound callous or heartless, but I’m going to assume before the transfer portal became a thing, thousands of student athletes had sick parents while they were attending a school cross country. ****, I know of one who took the yr off to handle biz before coming back to the squad.

So I think that reason is no longer going to be as viable as before. Either way, wish his mom well, & whether here or elsewhere, as a Black man, hope he achieves the realization of the opportunity to achieve a degree.

Advertisement
I’ll admit two things:

1. This thread is waaaay too long (pause) on a dude who had a sip of coffee here & wasn’t a standout in the least

Honestly, he should have to sit out this yr. This is his 2nd transfer in as many yrs. I understand his mom is sick, and I don’t want to sound callous or heartless, but I’m going to assume before the transfer portal became a thing, thousands of student athletes had sick parents while they were attending a school cross country. ****, I know of one who took the yr off to handle biz before coming back to the squad.

So I think that reason is no longer going to be as viable as before. Either way, wish his mom well, & whether here or elsewhere, as a Black man, hope he achieves the realization of the opportunity to achieve a degree.
So the NCAA has some teeth still??? Thought they had their legs ripped out from under them and couldn't enforce much of anything anymore..... Do you know of something I may have missed along the way??? Honestly haven't kept up as much due to stuff just being annoying as all **** to follow....

So the NCAA has some teeth still??? Thought they had their legs ripped out from under them and couldn't enforce much of anything anymore..... Do you know of something I may have missed along the way??? Honestly haven't kept up as much due to stuff just being annoying as all **** to follow....

Yeah, the NCAA still has some teeth, & they may getting more of them dentures fixed if Congress passes a NIL bill that gives them some power over it.

They’re still a governing body at the end of the day, but imo, they decided to act bratty over The Supreme Court Ruling to allow a total chit storm to brew, just so they could be looked to, to help. Jmo that I’ve had for a while. The ruling by the Supreme Court didn’t take away its power, but rather stated a student athlete should not be limited in what they can earn via their NIL. There’s still bylaws & guidelines in place for both the portal & NIL, in which the NCAA completely said Fck it, ya’ll do u & let’s see how this works.

Bunch of ppl in the media have hopped aboard the crying train and saying the NCAA are a bunch of meanies. They’ll prob cave and reverse it yet if it happened here nobody would care.

I’ll admit two things:

I am going to go out on a limb and say his mom was not as sick as he originally stated and that played heavy into the NCAA decision. Whether that was intentional or her diagnosis changed who knows. BUT I seem to recall some of our insiders and a few other people from other boards feeling bad for him when the news first dropped insinuating it was a fairly serious issue. Then I even heard rumblings momma could be on the "Tua Tagovailoa Family Plan" but substitute Miami for Alabama AND potentially giving her access to some of the best medical care Miami has to offer. I think that is when he was rumored to potentially return.

Now whether we did that to call his bluff or not who knows, but the impression of others close to the program has for sure changed over time. It went from understanding, to you made your bed now lay in it. Also if this was not one of our rivals we likely do not care nearly as much. If he went to Tenn this thread is likely as long as the John Campbell thread.

Advertisement
I am going to go out on a limb and say his mom was not as sick as he originally stated and that played heavy into the NCAA decision. Whether that was intentional or her diagnosis changed who knows. BUT I seem to recall some of our insiders and a few other people from other boards feeling bad for him when the news first dropped insinuating it was a fairly serious issue. Then I even heard rumblings momma could be on the "Tua Tagovailoa Family Plan" but substitute Miami for Alabama AND potentially giving her access to some of the best medical care Miami has to offer. I think that is when he was rumored to potentially return.

Now whether we did that to call his bluff or not who knows, but the impression of others close to the program has for sure changed over time. It went from understanding, to you made your bed now lay in it. Also if this was not one of our rivals we likely do not care nearly as much. If he went to Tenn this thread is likely as long as the John Campbell thread.
I think it was more of it being his 3rd transfer in 3 years or I should say his 3rd attempt.. 2 were successful.... I mean at some point you have to put a leash on things...

I’ll admit two things:

Agreed. He was a solid contributor but nothing exceptional.
Even by our low standards...

Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in his play by the end of the season.

I think it was more of it being his 3rd transfer in 3 years or I should say his 3rd attempt.. 2 were successful.... I mean at some point you have to put a leash on things...
I may have missed it what was his third? I thought he went Maryland to UM (first transfer and his freebie) then went UM to FSU (second transfer needed a waiver)?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I may have missed it what was his third? I thought he went Maryland to UM (first transfer and his freebie) then went UM to FSU (second transfer needed a waiver)?
Point is it's still 3 in three years... Yes one is free but it still doesn't take away from the fact there's a pattern now...

I’ll admit two things:

ah, isn't it pretty to think so.

but I know you've seen this movie before: getting an education and a degree are not part of this young man's agenda. unfortunate, but true.

he would have had a better chance at UM, given the support, culture, etc. that ship sailed the minute he played himself and bolted for Tallahassee under questionable pretenses.

Advertisement
Back