Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

On one hand, we need DT's and we need to win this year in the worst way. On the other hand, Mario is trying to build a culture here and I don't know what kind of message it sends letting a kid who dipped on us to go to our rival come back like nothing happened. Even if Mario is cool with it, I would hope some of the team leaders would take issue with it.

Advertisement
I know TVD is the leader of the team but he got destroyed on here for even thinking about Bama. This dude told his teammates and the coaches no thanks twice and is only rumored to be thinking about saying yes now cuz he has no choice. To our biggest rival no less interesting the number of people willing to welcome him back with open arms.

but wait, kid already transferred and is enrolled, prob took some classes and has been at practice. I do not think he can just "transfer" back and have immediate eligibility. That would make no sense, instead I would see it as his third transfer (Md-Miami, Miami -FSU, and FSU-Miami). The waiver requirement has to have some teeth or else kids would just dip, then if the waiver is not granted they could simply fall back to their old school like nothing happened? I aint buying it.

Advertisement
Yeah those saying kick rocks need to look at our DTs. This kid has the impact needed for the run game.
I'm probably the conductor on the "we're in some trouble at DT" train. I'm also on the "be consistent about your culture comments and principles" train. When these trains collide, I prefer the latter one is the winner. Isn't there a point where this type of behavior impacts trust? It does in pretty much all other team dynamics in any other situation in life and work.

I'm probably the conductor on the "we're in some trouble at DT" train. I'm also on the "be consistent about your culture comments and principles" train. When these trains collide, I prefer the latter one is the winner. Isn't there a point where this type of behavior impacts trust? It does in pretty much all other team dynamics in any other situation in life and work.
If the guy wants to come back let him come back. think it would be a net positive.

Advertisement
I mean, it started as what I thought was a joke, so I joked about it. But, now people are seriously stating they'd welcome him back with open arms. I think that merits a response: "**** that."
He's not eligible at FSU currently so I get it.. but with our culture revamp, I highly doubt it's on the table for Mario. (nevermind the NCAA/legal side)

Full_Metal_Jacket_Pyle_s_beating.gif

Im OK with it after he goes through this when he gets back to UM.

Advertisement
Ncaa shouldn’t allow for waivers anymore with the one time transfer. If something serious requires you to transfer again you should probably take time off from football to tend to that matter.
If anything it should be you get 1 time transfer AFTER 2nd season, but you need a waiver to be eligible if you transfer within your first 2 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back