Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Here's the funniest part of Blow-stein's article:

"One non-FSU source has gone as far to say that Miami will not sign off on a hardship waiver for Jackson."

Uh, yeah, right. Miami has cooperated and assisted at every stage. Who is this "one non-FSU source"? And why would Miami need to offer any money at all if we were simply blackmailing the kid by refusing to sign off on his hardship waiver?

I also like the number of "LLLLLLLL"s added to "welllllll into 6 figures". Well into 6 figures? That's what we were already paying him. Oh, so we are paying the same amount again? Wouldn't that constitute "Year 2"?

Leave it to an F$U site to round up all the rumors, amplify them, and then print them as fact.

Advertisement
So he wants to be a backup player with less money…..man he must really not want to be a Cane which concerns me with his level of commitment to this team even if he decides to stay. Yes me need him and our DT room is a mess but man this isn’t the type of dudes to build your team around. He is a flake and May quit game 5 if adversity hits.

Everyone knocking him...
All they have to do is make kids sit a half a season after a transfer. Kids have NIL now, it’s time to get a bit of leverage back to the teams to make things more practical.
They can't... or at least they don't believe they can since they don't stop other students (or other student athletes for that matter) from sitting out. This was hinted at the same time the Supreme Court came down with their verdict.

I am actually surprised that they put a requirement that you sit out/get an exception if you have already transferred once before.

Advertisement
How are these kids emotional little drama queens at this age like this?

"posts on his ig he is on his way to way back to Miami"

"oh shoot let's delete that and turn around and go home...I change my mind"

Man the f**k up
Yeah now that’s crazy, where’s the guidance I would never allow my son to do some bs like that

Advertisement
For the money that head coaches are paid, I would work over 100 hours a week without any hesitation.
seriously. worst case scenario, you got paid to sit at home if you suck. best job in the world honestly. gattis didnt do **** all year and is getting paid every pay cycle and likely paid to go away. Mario will get a boatload of money if he ever gets fired. Manny got money to leave.

So he wants to be a backup player with less money…..man he must really not want to be a Cane which concerns me with his level of commitment to this team even if he decides to stay. Yes me need him and our DT room is a mess but man this isn’t the type of dudes to build your team around. He is a flake and May quit game 5 if adversity hits.
his level of commitment was a countdown to saying peace out to be closer to mom which doesn't seem to be a priority anymore now that he realized FSU struck portal gold at his position while miami hasn't so far

All they have to do is make kids sit a half a season after a transfer. Kids have NIL now, it’s time to get a bit of leverage back to the teams to make things more practical.
lol leverage back to the teams? nah you get paid a ton of money to coach while kids got nothing for so long. **** that. deal w it and recruit your own kids just as NFL coaches have to do with FA. I dont feel bad for coaches at all. if it hurts us, it does but I have zero issue w player movement if coaches can freely go wherever.

Nah, he plays hard. He'll be fine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol leverage back to the teams? nah you get paid a ton of money to coach while kids got nothing for so long. **** that. deal w it and recruit your own kids just as NFL coaches have to do with FA. I dont feel bad for coaches at all. if it hurts us, it does but I have zero issue w player movement if coaches can freely go wherever.

It’s not just the coaches. There’s an entire level of fanbases that have become indifferent toward the sport because of the portal. A stud at West Virginia has a 10% chance of staying.

The integrity of the sport and making it a good product for the most amount of fans leads to better NIL opportunity in the long run. It’s becoming a joke. Sitting at least a portion of the games would reduce the amount of kids hitting the portal for a little bit more money or leveraging their own team for more money.

The NFL doesn’t have 24/7 free agency for a reason.

I don’t see why this is so divisive.

We were told his mother was ill, and he wanted to be closer.
No rumors of disciplinary problems or cancerous behavior. Performed well on the field.
Most of us were bummed to hear he was transferring. Assume the coaches felt the same.

Fast forward, he may want to come back. Cool.

Either mom got better, or mom can move down here now (NIL money?), or he saw FSU up close and decided it wasn’t his best move.

What about any of that could we as fans have anger or issues with?
Why crap on the dude or the coaches if the above is true?
This.

If he returns to FSU I hope everyone is prepared for 728 articles by weird FSU writers over compensating and talking about how the Cornrow Kid made a statement over Mario. It’s coming.

CIS *****ing about an article? An FSU related article?

Oh my…

Advertisement
Back