Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

I don't care who is coming in. You want to get to the big time, you have three or four of these types of players at a bare minimum.

Only on CIS would a future NFL player not be a big loss.

Advertisement
You could be in the NFL in the near future and you're getting "homesick"? That's like the excuse Miami can't play in cold weather, then all of a sudden players can up in Green Bay or Buffalo. It's BS, if you can't make friends in the year you've been here then you got other problems.

On the cold weather front, there's a big difference between going from S FL to up north for a game versus getting acclimated to winter coming living there. Same as coming south for a game. It just hits harder.

It's not an excuse, cold is mental. The ball is very different though, in particular catching passes. I'd say it's actually harder going from cold temps to warm for a game.

Advertisement
It would be foolish to think the portal was only going to take the guys we needed gone and was going to give us what we need without taking value away too.

We had a disastrous season & I am sure the vultures are circling on the talent that we do have and intend to keep.

Losing D. Jackson would be a huge loss no matter what he could be “replaced” with. We’re a 5 win team- we need to stack talent. We’ve seen the gap between us & everyone else on the field. Him & 56 can be a great tandem next year & truth be told we need him to stay. Hope it gets figured out.
Cribby been telling us that it’s not just backups and JAGs that are leaving

we need to find him some elite miami female company to remind him of the talent that exists here and only here.

Advertisement
On the cold weather front, there's a big difference between going from S FL to up north for a game versus getting acclimated to winter coming living there. Same as coming south for a game. It just hits harder.

It's not an excuse, cold is mental. The ball is very different though, in particular catching passes. I'd say it's actually harder going from cold temps to warm for a game.
Lately I do not see teams coming into hard rock from up north and struggling with heat. Michigan st last year Pitt this year walk all over the home team. Which team wears down its sure not the visitor.

Hope it's an unfounded rumor. Kid should go NFL from the U. If his heart is already somewhere else and he has a foot out the door already, he probably needs to pack his bags and go though

Lately I do not see teams coming into hard rock from up north and struggling with heat. Michigan st last year Pitt this year walk all over the home team. Which team wears down its sure not the visitor.

MSU, was very early fall and it was a warmer fall up north so far this year.

Where you used to see it before everyone seemingly had an indoor facility was with the Phins years ago. Even us with some games here and there.

You actually gonna quote him when 2 pages ago he literally said “nothing has been decided”?

Reading comprehension isn’t strong in this board eh?
My statement was just a general one that people shouldn’t be surprised is all. Not Jackson in particular. Cribby will post something and people blow right through it in threads because they’re ****ting all over themselves.

Advertisement
Lately the game is out of hand by the 4th qtr and the other teams starters are resting on the bench cheering for their backups.

You actually gonna quote him when 2 pages ago he literally said “nothing has been decided”?

Reading comprehension isn’t strong in this board eh?
Didn’t say he was definitely gone boy genius. Just stating that we shouldn’t be surprised to see current starters looking to transfer.

Advertisement
To sit out a year, instead of coming back and playing for a chance at the league, would be a confounding decision.

He is guaranteed, barring injury or illness, significant playing time next year.

It would make NO SENSE at all, unless there is an underlying physical issue that no one else knows about.

When you have a HC who‘s only strength is recruiting/Olines and then the season starts which requires coaching……..I’m not surprised if good players want to jump ship

Last edited:
He did have some cryptic tweet this past weekend. If he leaves and has to sit out a year, he is a moron. He's one more productive year away from being a top 3 round pick in the NFL draft. Potentially much higher if he continues to develop and care.

Advertisement
Back