Darnell Saloman accused of Theft at UGA camp

Genron from yesterday...

25.png

LSU Lock....or nah??

Advertisement
Logic would say take a star player who has already been dragged through the mud because he's less likely to do it again after what happened the first time.

Your logic is not supported statistically. Once it happens, he is more likely to get in trouble again than not.

Steer clear, regardless of the talent.

Advertisement
From a recruiting standpoint this is a good opportunity for the coaches to mentor this young man, talk some realness in him, and keep recruiting him.

Yeah, good idea. A couple of years ago we kicked a guy off the team for stealing a laptop. Now, when we find a guy who does his stealing before he gets on campus, we can bring him in and "mentor" him. So, when he steals something from a student after he's "mentored" for a few years, maybe the university can defend a possible lawsuit from a victim who claims it was responsible for bringing this person into the campus environment.

I would think, after Willie Williams, we would be done recruiting criminals absent very exceptional circumstances.

Logic would say take a star player who has already been dragged through the mud because he's less likely to do it again after what happened the first time.

Your logic is not supported statistically. Once it happens, he is more likely to get in trouble again than not.

Steer clear, regardless of the talent.

They guy's right...no such thing as recidivism or repeat criminal activity. Everybody that gets caught is highly unlikely to repeat.

Word is Genron runs all those kids selling M&Ms on Lincoln Rd

So, that's what they do on Lincoln Road now...is it nice, or run down? I haven't been there in many decades. I remember when they turned it into a mall with no cars. They had the trams.

Advertisement
After surveillance video gets reviewed, authorities come to find out that the two female basketball players actually stole HIS wallet at a party the night before. He was just getting his **** back.

So, they had surveillance videos at a party? What kind of party and where was it? How could the two girls steal his wallet? Was it in his pants? Did he have his pants off? Was he separated from his pants while they stole it?

A lot of unanswered questions. It's hard to steal a man's wallet unless he's pickpocketed...unless of course it's somewhere other than where it should be.

After surveillance video gets reviewed, authorities come to find out that the two female basketball players actually stole HIS wallet at a party the night before. He was just getting his **** back.

So, they had surveillance videos at a party? What kind of party and where was it? How could the two girls steal his wallet? Was it in his pants? Did he have his pants off? Was he separated from his pants while they stole it?

A lot of unanswered questions. It's hard to steal a man's wallet unless he's pickpocketed...unless of course it's somewhere other than where it should be.

Nigel much?

There’s been yet another development in a situation involving a highly-rated member of the Class of 2016.

Earlier today it was reported that a warrant had been issued for the arrest of 17-year-old Darnell Salomon. The five-star wide receiver has been accused of stealing items — iPhone 5, credit cards, cash — from a dorm room on the Georgia campus while he attended an UGA football camp.

In a statement sent to Marc Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald, Salomon’s attorney did the expected and proclaimed his client’s innocence. He also said he is working with authorities in Georgia to have his client, who lives in Florida, turn himself in on the warrant.

“Darnell and his family were informed of the issuance of a warrant for his arrest earlier today. Since that time our office has been in contact with the Athens-Clarke County Sheriff’s Office and the Athens-Clarke County District Attorney’s Office. We are currently working in cooperation with these officials to arrange his surrender. Our client denies the charges presented against him. Darnell and his family wish to thank those who have offered words of encouragement and support during this difficult time.”

I should also point out that I received some bad information earlier today — the charge Salomon is facing is a felony, not a misdemeanor as I had previously been told.

It’s unclear how this incident and the charge will impact the recruitment of Salomon, who holds more than a dozen offers from high-profile schools such as Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Tennessee and USC.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...tar-recruit-facing-felony-denies-the-charges/

You guys whine and cry about Genron but all the so-called tough guys in Miami sit around and do nothing but **** like girls. SMH.

Huh?

It's soft as **** to talk about a man behind his back. If you have an issue with Genron, go look the man in the eye and say it to his face like a man. Gossip and talking behind someone's back is what old ladies do, and believe me, I know old ladies.

I thought south florida was supposed to be full of tough guys, so where are the tough guys? Sure ain't the chickens running around here talking behind a man's back.

You're like kids who get their lunch money taken by a bigger kid, then you talk trash behind his back but when he steps up to you you don't say or do

When you get a minute from sucking on his nuts, tell us how you really feel. He is a grown man, let him come here and defend himself, or not. Who cares, it's not life or death to the majority of us, and not worth getting into a ****ing contest, never mind a fight. The guy puts it out there, so he opens himself to ridicule and criticism. I'm sure there are plenty of others who do what he does and don't get ridiculed for it because they are not constantly calling attention to themselves and riding the coat tails of young athletes. **** clowns.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys whine and cry about Genron but all the so-called tough guys in Miami sit around and do nothing but **** like girls. SMH.

Huh?

It's soft as **** to talk about a man behind his back. If you have an issue with Genron, go look the man in the eye and say it to his face like a man. Gossip and talking behind someone's back is what old ladies do, and believe me, I know old ladies.

I thought south florida was supposed to be full of tough guys, so where are the tough guys? Sure ain't the chickens running around here talking behind a man's back.

You're like kids who get their lunch money taken by a bigger kid, then you talk trash behind his back but when he steps up to you you don't say or do

Dumbest post I've read on this board for so many reasons, and that is saying alot.
Congrats.

Holy **** this kid is dumb, and a creep

Josh Newberg ‏@joshnewberg247 19m19 minutes ago
4-star recruit continues to use iPhone he claims he didn’t steal. Months later he’s uploading pics to victims iCloud http://onlineathens.com/sports/coll...tball-recruit-continues-use-iphone-he-said-he

The UGA athlete said she did not take the photos. More images have been added to the iCloud account since then, indicating “the stolen phone is still in use and linked” to the UGA athlete’s iCloud, according to the warrant. While talking with police, the athlete showed them her iCloud account which linked to a phone named “Megatron.” The athlete said she did not add the phone to her account, and authorities believe it to be her stolen iPhone.

According to the warrant, one of the women in the dorm room woke up at 7:30 a.m. with an “unknown black male standing over her watching her sleep.” She started screaming and asked him why he was in her room, to which he replied, “I saw you in here naked,” the warrant reads. A suitemate came and the man, who identified himself as “Derrick,” slowly backed out of the room. After he left, none of the five women in the dorm knew who the man was.

Police called Salomon’s high school coach Michael Tunsil, who said Salomon denied doing anything wrong and denied leaving the football players’ suite after they went to sleep at 3 a.m. But video surveillance from Busbee Hall from July 19 shows Salomon looking around on the first floor of Busbee Hall between 5:55-6:42 a.m., according to the warrant.

He's bad news and has more issues coming his way. Being at champagnat doesn't help either.

Advertisement
Hope this kid no longer has an offer.

Kid is a lowlife piece of **** that I want nowhere near this program.

I don't care how good of a football player he is.

Hope this kid no longer has an offer.

Kid is a lowlife piece of **** that I want nowhere near this program.

I don't care how good of a football player he is.

if we cooled on Cole bc of his incident, I'm pretty sure this kid is not a take for Miami at this point

Advertisement
Back