Darius White

Advertisement
We will see if its an actual offer, or a "if Northrup flips, we will take you" offer.

Kid looks pretty good regardless.

Junior Highlights:

[video=youtube;lbFSq_9Ap_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbFSq_9Ap_8[/video]

Bakas has him at #65 in his Florida 100, tucked in around guys like Earl Moore, Vernon Davis, Manning (VT kid)

Those are his JR highlights I posted but I guess he has a pretty good senior year. He is also a big big kid that Golden seems to be liking, and you see him playing a lot of MLB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
JHALL where do you see Kirby playing? Inside or out?

I like him outside. That said, its tough to get a grasp on what we are going to look like defensively going forward. Regardless, I have high hopes for our LB's coming in, even if Northrup bolts.

We should be saving Northrup's spot for one of Deeb/Debo/Thomas/Grace next year. Don't waste it on a lesser prospect just to fill the spot (no offense to Darius).

Advertisement
Hope his senior tape looks better, because he didn't look like anything special on his junior tape.

No not really. Thing that I took from it was his size. There was some discussion over what his real height and weight were as he used to look like a pretty skinny kid. But in that film as a junior, he looked to have plenty of size and the reports of him being 225 seem accurate.

We should be saving Northrup's spot for one of Deeb/Debo/Thomas/Grace next year. Don't waste it on a lesser prospect just to fill the spot (no offense to Darius).

Well, Northrup isnt gone yet and I doubt White has a legit offer at this point anyway.

Advertisement
Rivals-Miami article is about Golden offering upon sight, so I am guessing size isn't an issue

Hope his senior tape looks better, because he didn't look like anything special on his junior tape.

No not really. Thing that I took from it was his size. There was some discussion over what his real height and weight were as he used to look like a pretty skinny kid. But in that film as a junior, he looked to have plenty of size and the reports of him being 225 seem accurate.

I'd take him. We need one more LB, IMO. Especially if we don't land a big fish, give this kid a scholly.

This kid committed to Iowa State recently (might as well jump on an offer while you can if you're him this late in the game).

I agree with this. How big is the class going to be next year? I don't know how EE's are going to work since this class is full and we still having pending sanctions with possible scholarship reuctions... IT looks like we have a legit shot with a ton of top, top talent next year. When do we start limiting our offers? Or are they going to be drastic cuts on the team?

As expected, no confirmation of a White offer.

Looks like a Northrup or White scholly is out there, not both.

Advertisement
Back