Darius White 2012 LB Bradenton Manatee

Advertisement
Hmmmm, not bad at all. Rather take him than Glanton who would only be here for two years.

Advertisement
Golden has made it clear to recruits, if you're still looking so are we, nothing wrong with this. They have a number they want to be at and if another LB jumps ship they want a guy they want ready for the ship, not a plan Z kid.

if hear the term "bakas called that" one more time im going to blow my brains out.

**** I called Deon Bush. Im reputable now.

Advertisement
if hear the term "bakas called that" one more time im going to blow my brains out.

Sorry pal, Bakas has been doing this stuff his entire adult life. He's devoted to it, runs camps and is heavily involved in the industry. His name carries weight in recruiting & evaluation circles for a reason. And make no mistake, perhaps no one gives Bakas more **** directly at him than me, but that does not change the fact that he is still very good at what he does. Adding his take to any thread here is appreciated by those of us who like to collect qualified opinions.

Sorry pal, Bakas has been doing this stuff his entire adult life. He's devoted to it, runs camps and is heavily involved in the industry. His name carries weight in recruiting & evaluation circles for a reason. And make no mistake, perhaps no one gives Bakas more **** directly at him than me, but that does not change the fact that he is still very good at what he does. Adding his take to any thread here is appreciated by those of us who like to collect qualified opinions.

i respect your opinion on that, and he may be the best of what is a bunch of folks who have people pay for their info and they are 60-40 on a good year. educated guessers in my eyes.

i respect your opinion on that, and he may be the best of what is a bunch of folks who have people pay for their info and they are 60-40 on a good year. educated guessers in my eyes.

Very good rebuttal on your part. I kinda came at-cha a li'l bit in my post :) I agree with your assessment in bold although I think Bakas is prolly above the 60% mark overall. I guess the key reasons I defend Bakas are 3-fold:

1) He does make EDUCATED guesses. He gathers intel that most do not.
2) He speaks in ambiguous (sp?) language. He rarely comes out and makes a definitive statement. Perhaps because he's seen enough shannigans from various programs and has also seen how fickle the decision-making skills of HS kids are.
3) (Back in the day) When UM got a verbal commitment from Kyle Wright, Bakas hit up me, Palycane and a couple other bay area posters to let us know he was coming out to watch Kyle play live. That showed me something about him.

Now I do realize that following recruiting "on the beat" (ie; not just on the internet) is a young man's game and Bakas is close to "aging out." That said, he was THE MAN for years in the early days of interweb recruiting. He is the Amerigo Vespucci of internet recruiting :) THat's why Miami82 & others lobbied to have this board named for Bakas (actually using a derogatory slurr that we use to pick on him; "Thanks for the analysis, Mike." LMAO!! I still think that would be epic.

Last edited:
thats cool that you have as much respect for him as you do. i do not put him on the same level as say a Gary Ferman but those guys to me are all just that, just guys. i would love to have their jobs, though... they are lucky.

Advertisement
It would really suck if we lose Northrup and end up with this kid. This kid isn't a bad player, but he doesn't do anything special.

Why are people saying we're going to lose Reggie? What piece of evidence has there been suggesting his intrest in decommitting?

Why are people saying we're going to lose Reggie? What piece of evidence has there been suggesting his intrest in decommitting?

because he might or is visiting FSU.

just a trip IMO. Northrup will be in this class as far as I can see.

Advertisement
he's visiting FSU. Its over if he goes through with the visit imo. Hope i'm wrong.

Like Larry mentioned before I think Mike is just a bit off with Golden. He was pretty on point when it came to Shannon but Golden has him guessing. Its a good thing.

And yes Bakas mentioned his name before I brought him up in the other thread and he said "you heard it here first"

because he might or is visiting FSU.

just a trip IMO. Northrup will be in this class as far as I can see.

Agreed. Northrup would shock me at this point if he bolted to FSU.....then again I didnt see McCord coming either(so far anyway)

He's visiting Ohio State. Don't think it's been confirmed that he is visiting FSU officially yet

Advertisement
Back