Darius Tice, RB Miami Northwestern

With Lewis 3 coming in I'm okay with holding off for Sony or Cook. I hope Lewis has half the work ethic his dad has and if he does he will help with splits with Duke. In Al and God I trust.

Advertisement
Meanwhile Bama has tenpenny, Henry, and tyren jones locked up plus they're considered front runners for Alvin Kamara, obviously I don't expect us to get 3-4 elite running backs this year, but is it too much to ask for one?

Remember the year we got Charlie Jones (2), A Johnson (8), and Derron Thomas (19), and could have had Washington (4)? Give me a haul of studs like that. Also in that class Arian Foster 69, Shonn Greene 77.

Pass. If we strike out at RB hold that scholly to count as one we might have to lose due to sanctions.

Advertisement
I say no on Tice. The only way I change my mind is if E.C. is indeed damaged goods. Otherwise, we roll with Duke/EC/Dillard/Crawford. And hope and pray we get either Sony or Cook. (Which I think we will. We probably won't get both but at least one.)

TFWIW, I know you guys don't know me from a can of paint but I was at the Hollywood Ale House watching the Mia/Duke Fball game the day after Central won a playoff game and a coach from Central was in there. We chopped it up at the bar and I asked about Cook. He said Cook's dad is going to do everything in his power to get Cook to Miami. He wants both his boys at the same school so they can look after each other. The guy seemed confident that Cook would eventually switch. Only time will tell..

I say no on Tice. The only way I change my mind is if E.C. is indeed damaged goods. Otherwise, we roll with Duke/EC/Dillard/Crawford. And hope and pray we get either Sony or Cook. (Which I think we will. We probably won't get both but at least one.)

TFWIW, I know you guys don't know me from a can of paint but I was at the Hollywood Ale House watching the Mia/Duke Fball game the day after Central won a playoff game and a coach from Central was in there. We chopped it up at the bar and I asked about Cook. He said Cook's dad is going to do everything in his power to get Cook to Miami. He wants both his boys at the same school so they can look after each other. The guy seemed confident that Cook would eventually switch. Only time will tell..

Let's hope Dad wins out

Well I don't know you but if this is true I am loving it... we need both those guys next year. 2014 class is gonna be a monster year especially for the S.FL guys...

Advertisement
I'm bumping this because if we're really contacting Chestnut from Columbus.... ummmm I'd MUCH rather have Tice.

At this point, a can of paint's opinions are as good as anyone's. ;)

Advertisement
Tice goes to NW we have no chance with Luke down there

Head coach Stephen Field was a GA coach at UM under Shannon. Former Canes Vernon Carey and Brett Perriman are on his staff also. I think the influence of those 3 will be more than enough to counter-balance that idiot....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tice already knows where he's going frm my understanding. Cook ain't feeling the U like that. winning changes things. Very very important year coming up for Golden and Co.

Yup. That 4th class is always the clincher....

Remember the year we got Charlie Jones (2), A Johnson (8), and Derron Thomas (19), and could have had Washington (4)? Give me a haul of studs like that. Also in that class Arian Foster 69, Shonn Greene 77.

this. I'm optimistic that Edwards could be just what we need.

I don't see the problem here.

I could throw a rock into Dade/Broward/Palm Beach and hit a good running back.

No one here heard of Branden Oliver, Kevin Smith, Trabis Ward (well, maybe Trabis), Kedrick Rhodes, Anthon Samuel, Hosey Williams...but, they are all local, all productive elsewhere, and could have played here...

the problem is Tice aint Miami caliber and settling for a below average running back isnt going to help out Duke Johnson in the backfield.... Dallas Crawford is a better option.

Advertisement
Back