Darian Mensah / Carson Beck

fraggle

Senile Senior
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
3,103
If I remember correctly Carson Beck was coming off an injury and missed training with the team whereas Darian Mehsah has been physically available since his committment. I'd imagine that is an advantage especially for early games, throw in the fact his favorite receiver came with him and I expect immediate conhesion and performance per Darian. I haven't heard this mentioned, curious!
 
Man look, I really like Beck and he was the first QB to lead Miami to a title game since another famous #11. I will never say anything bad about the dude. However, imo, I don't think he was ever 100% last year and was helped by savages on D an All American OL and RB. We are much better with Mensah.
 
Man look, I really like Beck and he was the first QB to lead Miami to a title game since another famous #11. I will never say anything bad about the dude. However, imo, I don't think he was ever 100% last year and was helped by savages on D an All American OL and RB. We are much better with Mensah.
100%, dude was perfect as a game manager. I can also agree with the sentiment that if we had Cam OR Mensah last year we win the natty
 
If I remember correctly Carson Beck was coming off an injury and missed training with the team whereas Darian Mehsah has been physically available since his committment. I'd imagine that is an advantage especially for early games, throw in the fact his favorite receiver came with him and I expect immediate conhesion and performance per Darian. I haven't heard this mentioned, curious!
I remember us beating ND week 1
 
I think Mensah's abiltiy to operate the RPO game at a high level is going to work really well with our offense's ability to run the ball. He also throws a better deep ball than Beck, imo. IIRC, Josh Pate said that Mensah last year threw 21 TDs with 0 picks against the blitz, if Mensah is close to that number again this year, defenses are going to have a tough time.
 
Man look, I really like Beck and he was the first QB to lead Miami to a title game since another famous #11. I will never say anything bad about the dude. However, imo, I don't think he was ever 100% last year and was helped by savages on D an All American OL and RB. We are much better with Mensah.
We were one play from winning the title. So to say “we are much better with Mensah” before even seeing the offensive chemistry is a pretty bold statement. Mensah may be more talented or have a higher ceiling, but that doesn’t automatically mean this Miami team will be much better with him than it was with Beck.

Secondly, are we really going to get into a debate about Dorsey’s supporting cast versus Beck’s? I’d argue Beck’s path to the title game was more impressive considering the competition Miami had to go through. And despite clearly not looking 100% for much of the year, he still got Miami within one play of a national championship. Throw it to Mali...If Beck completes that final pass for the TD and Miami wins, he’s a Miami legend. That’s how thin the margin was.

Mensah 'may' and i hope 'will', end up being the better QB statistically, and I agree the offense should be better with him. But if we’re talking about what matters from a Miami legacy or for us fans' standpoint, he has to at least match what Beck accomplished and, to clearly surpass him, go win the title. That's the measuring stick!
 
If I remember correctly Carson Beck was coming off an injury and missed training with the team whereas Darian Mehsah has been physically available since his committment. I'd imagine that is an advantage especially for early games, throw in the fact his favorite receiver came with him and I expect immediate conhesion and performance per Darian. I haven't heard this mentioned, curious!

Maybe not in the mainstream media, but it's definitely been mentioned here.

I expect Mensah to perform at a very high level this season.
 
If I remember correctly Carson Beck was coming off an injury and missed training with the team whereas Darian Mehsah has been physically available since his committment. I'd imagine that is an advantage especially for early games, throw in the fact his favorite receiver came with him and I expect immediate conhesion and performance per Darian. I haven't heard this mentioned, curious!

giphy.gif
 
Man look, I really like Beck and he was the first QB to lead Miami to a title game since another famous #11. I will never say anything bad about the dude. However, imo, I don't think he was ever 100% last year and was helped by savages on D an All American OL and RB. We are much better with Mensah.
This sums it up perfectly. We knew he was a risk coming off the surgery. But all in all, it was a successful season. I expect us to be better with Mensah.
 
I think Mensah's abiltiy to operate the RPO game at a high level is going to work really well with our offense's ability to run the ball. He also throws a better deep ball than Beck, imo. IIRC, Josh Pate said that Mensah last year threw 21 TDs with 0 picks against the blitz, if Mensah is close to that number again this year, defenses are going to have a tough time.
His ability to throw on the run is elite elite

We are going to have some growing pains on the OL so his ability to move in the pocket while keeping eyes downfield is something Beck just didn’t really do last year

The explosive plays will be there

Can’t wait
 
If I remember correctly Carson Beck was coming off an injury and missed training with the team whereas Darian Mehsah has been physically available since his committment. I'd imagine that is an advantage especially for early games, throw in the fact his favorite receiver came with him and I expect immediate conhesion and performance per Darian. I haven't heard this mentioned, curious!
My favorite time of the year is fraggle season. I love everything about this post.
 
Back
Top