Dante Phillips

Ethnicsands

All-American
UF commit. Big DL. Supposed to be visiting UM with Danny Dillard (his teammate) this weekend.

Interdasting.

Advertisement
might be the surprise commit lots of people were discussing. Rumor has it he's looking hard at Miami and he's kind of ****ed UF is trying to convert him to OL when he wants to play DT Miami might luck out here.

Hmm..I know this dude is big on UF though, thats his team according to him. I know that supposedly they want him to play OG there

Last edited:
Uifag is going promise him anything h wants to hear I on hint the flip happens unless he's real boys ith Dillard

Advertisement
I wonder what would Golden do if maybe 12 more guy want in which would put us at 40 commits. Would he sign them and cut players on the roster who are not producing to make room for them, will he tell some current commits look else where, or would he just sign the best 7 or 8 to put the number of commits at 35-36

I wonder what would Golden do if maybe 12 more guy want in which would put us at 40 commits. Would he sign them and cut players on the roster who are not producing to make room for them, will he tell some current commits look else where, or would he just sign the best 7 or 8 to put the number of commits at 35-36

This

Hmm..I know this dude is big on UF though, thats his team according to him. I know that supposedly they want him to play OG there

Lots of big U fans have gone on to other teams these last few years. It would be nice if one of these situations actually worked out for us for a change.

Advertisement
Dude just does not get off, when the ball is snapped. He has like a delayed reaction.

Advertisement
We'll see what happens, but from what people outside the program say about Golden - getting any kid in front of him for a visit is definitely a good thing for Miami.

Advertisement
He's already answered that. "If you're looking, we're looking."

Canesbbal you got a link to that bro?

This one?

The Canes could land a major coup this weekend.

Venice (FL) High School RB Danny Dillard, a Cane commitment, will be on campus for an official visit. And so will two of his teammates - highly touted four-star DT prospect and UF commitment Dante Phillips and lineman Forrest Lamp.

Cane coach Art Kehoe was at Venice High on Tuesday shoring up the trio's visit plans.

Phillips already has a Cane offer; Lamp is hoping to land one during the visit.

If all goes well on the visit the three could all be Hurricanes by the time the weekend's out.

"It'll depend on the visit, but we were saying it would be nice if all three of us went in one class," Dillard said. "It's a possibility that all three of us will be down there playing."

Lamp adds that "It's crazy what's happening, because at the beginning of the year we talked about going to the same school together because we've been great friends. We said we all wanted to go to school together. Omari (Dante's nickname) committed to Florida, Danny to Miami. I didn't get offers like them yet, but now that Miami has taken an interest in all three of us it's a high possibility we'll go there. We'd love to go to school together. It would be a blast."

Phillips says how much consideration he will give to UM depends on what happens this weekend.

"I'm just going to see the campus, see how it is, check it out," Phillips said. "I want to see how it is, meet the coaching staff."

So far the lone coach he's met is Kehoe.

"He's a real cool dude, knows a lot about what he's talking about," Phillips said.

Phillips lists 17 scholarship offers and says UM offered him two weeks ago.

Asked if the Canes have a real chance with him considering he's committed to the Gators, Phillips said, "I am committed (to Florida). I'm going to take this visit and I'm going to see where this visit puts me and everybody will see."

Phillips says if his two teammates wind up at UM it's not a definite he'll wind up there with them: "It's my choice - I'll see how it is," he said. "It's on me."

For his part, Dillard said of Kehoe's time at his school that "It went well. We just talked about how I had to get my transcript, test scores so I can get everything ready for the official visit. Coach Kehoe, he's a real nice guy, is funny. We have a lot of fun when we're together. He's a really good guy."

Dillard has taken one visit so far, to Kentucky, and says UM will be his final visit.

"I'm a solid commitment," he said.

Lamp says he's being recruited mainly as an offensive lineman but that schools like Temple and West Virginia want him on defense (he had 10 sacks and over 70 tackles for his 9-2 team this year).

He has offers from Western Kentucky, FIU, Middle Tennessee, Navy, New Mexico and Ohio University.

"Hopefully Miami offers (this weekend)," Lamp said. "(If they offer) it's a possibility I'll commit. I've never been down there before, have visited FIU so I know what (the City of) Miami is like. It's all about how I feel when I get down there."

Lamp grew up a Florida State fan - his father went there - but says "I love all the Florida schools."

He says he talks regularly with Kehoe.

"He calls to see how I'm doing, how the family is doing," Lamp said.

* Lamp is eligible to graduate early but says because of some circumstances he likely will arrive at college in the summer.

Is Dante Phillips the same person as Omari Phillips? Are they brothers?

"...Omari (Dante's nickname) committed to Florida, Danny to Miami. I didn't get offers like them yet, but now that Miami has taken an interest in all three of us it's a high possibility we'll go there. We'd love to go to school together. It would be a blast."

Advertisement
Back