Dancing queen on the playlist ??!!!

Advertisement
The 12 member band would need Metallica style amplifiers for anyone to actually hear them.
I was at the 2002 Rose Bowl and there were some Nebraska fans that were friendly and we had been talking with before/during the game. At half-time both bands played, when ours came out they sincerely asked 'where is the rest of your band, did only some of them travel?'.

The 12 member band would need Metallica style amplifiers for anyone to actually hear them.
Go back and watch home games (ND/VT/UVA) and the bowl game from the 2017 season when the stadium was packed. They mic'd up the band section and you could hear them plenty fine.

Advertisement
I'm sorry dude, that's straight up aweful. Lol

Sad I Know GIF by Originals

Advertisement
Go back and watch home games (ND/VT/UVA) and the bowl game from the 2017 season when the stadium was packed. They mic'd up the band section and you could hear them plenty fine.
I've been to every home game since 2002. They mic up the band for every game. My point is they need a huge amplification system just to hear them

Advertisement
<------ You all should now how I feel given my avatar.

That said, get over it. You can complain about the music and the atmosphere all you want. I'm not crazy about it myself. But the fact is that teams all across the country want to appeal to a wide mass of people and so it's not going to be some hardcore atmosphere. There is always going to be music and "entertainment" that doesn't necessarily appeal to folks on this site, i.e., hardcore football dudes. But these teams know we're coming to the game regardless and so if they can put on some music of today and some wife or girlfriend or kid starts dancing and having fun, maybe they'll want to come back.

Advertisement
Did anyone see Brett McMurphy's piece on every college coaches favorite musical artist? It was pretty interesting. George Strait was the number one choice of coaches. Can anyone guess what Mario's favorite was?

Advertisement
Back