Dan Quinn Cowboys DC

So ya’ll really not gone press @Bruh.Man.Cane who just dropped a nugget huh? Still talking bout Dan Quinn when this dude just said Manny allows players to vape in the locker room.

I need more intel on this chit; fcka Dan Quinn, who I don’t want btw.

Advertisement
The moment I found out that the players were allowed to vape in the locker rooms Manny lost me. The staff tries to hard to be there friends. No more nice guys. We need ********. I like Quinn especially if we can't get Rex Ryan.
1633761828964.gif

Vape? In the locker room?! U gotta be shytting me, dog. WTAF?

If the Cowboys implode like UM is and that staff gets fired I’d call Quinn. La Canfora (well respected) writes he’s open to college. He’s old enough to make Miami not a stepping stone and is the disciplinarian I’d like to see be head coach. This player friendly coaching is sh*t.

View attachment 155134

He should at least get an interview. Not a **** name. But he would be on my Top 10 List. Need to go back to what built our program.

Howard Schnellenberger was a Top OC with Dolphins, then got the HC gig with the Baltimore Colts. Went 4-10 year 1, then started 0-5 the next season and was fired. Goes back to Dolphins as OC and runs the #2 Scoring Offense in the NFL (1978) before coming to the U. The standard was set for Jimmy and Dennis to keep it going. They didn't need to build it. Again, program in a tough position.

Grab Butch Davis from Dallas Cowboys after running the #3 Scoring Defense in the NFL in 1994.

They share similarities. Both are Super Bowl winning Coordinators. Both were top 5 in their respective categories.

So what is the criteria to be our Head Coach? Is it by Name Only? Is it Potential with no Accolades of Championships? If I'm trying to climb Mt. Everest, my trainer training me better have at least climbed the **** Mountain. Before any candidate to replace Manny is considered, one simple question needs to be asked and answered. "If YOU are the AD, can the coach you recommend potentially win a National Championship in 5 years?"

If the Answer is YES, I'm 100 percent behind it. If the answer is NO, keep it moving. Can't get back to Greatness if you don't see Greatness in the hire. 🤷‍♂️

Applicants being considered for the job should have at least contributed to a Championship whether it's college or NFL, preference being that you did it as a coordinator. Proving that you can out-scheme your opponent (something Manny can't do).

Dan Quinn won a Super Bowl with Seattle as their DC. Yes, he blew a huge lead in the SB as HC of the Falcons. But he got them there. He can hire good staffs. OCs Shannahan (49ers) and Sarkisian (Texas Longhorns) went in to become Head Coaches. He's coached underneath 2 great head coaches: Saban (Dolphins) and Pete Carroll (Seahawks). His resume is better than most being considered for the position.

Should at least talk to Doug Pederson (1 SB Win), Dan Quinn (1 SB Win, 1 SB Loss), Brian Daboll (5 SB Wins, 1 NC Win), Bill O'Brien (1 SB Loss), Josh McDaniels (6 SB Wins), Todd Bowles (1 SB Win) to name a few.

All of them could say no and want to stay in the NFL. Some are probably on the door step to becoming NFL Head Coaches. It's worth talking to especially if Alonzo Highsmith with his NFL connections gets in a leadership role as AD or Head of Football Operations at the U. It's not about the **** name. It's about the right choice. Remember Pete Carroll was USC's 4th CHOICE on their LIST.

Advertisement
They won 1 less game in the regular season and won a playoff game the following season……. to say all of his success is due to Shanahan is wild.

Most of his success in Atlanta was due to Shanahan, yeah they had a decent season the following season, taking a Super Bowl team one year, finishing third in the division, and barely sneaking into the playoffs to lose in the second game, it’s not what I would consider a raging success, for a team with Super Bowl talent.

Look, I get it, for some reason you strangely want to defend the guy that always will be known as a joke for blowing a 28 to 3 lead in the Super Bowl, and then taking that SUPERBOWL team and grinding into an NFL doormat with one of the worst defenses ever seen in the NFL.

Anyway, he’s not a college guy. There are better people that we know can coach. Like I said before if I could trade him out for what we have now sure of course I would do that, but we’re talking reality here. And the reality is he is a failed head coach.

Most of his success in Atlanta was due to Shanahan, yeah they had a decent season the following season, taking a Super Bowl team one year, finishing third in the division, and barely sneaking into the playoffs to lose in the second game, it’s not what I would consider a raging success, for a team with Super Bowl talent.

Look, I get it, for some reason you strangely want to defend the guy that always will be known as a joke for blowing a 28 to 3 lead in the Super Bowl, and then taking that SUPERBOWL team and grinding into an NFL doormat with one of the worst defenses ever seen in the NFL.

Anyway, he’s not a college guy. There are better people that we know can coach. Like I said before if I could trade him out for what we have now sure of course I would do that, but we’re talking reality here. And the reality is he is a failed head coach.
Yeah you were the same person who was saying Pete Caroll shouldn’t have went to USC because he was a failed head coach right? Twice…. Or when BB failed with the Jets too. NFL is night and day from college. Ask anyone who knows a lick about the difference they’ll tell you. I was talking to a former NFL coach who now is a HC in the power 5. He said when he came back to college it was almost sad how offensive coordinators didn’t know how to attack a defense.

First you discredit him by using shanahan, then discredit him for making it to the playoffs the following year without him? LMAOOOO dog your reaching. Just stop. When’s the last time John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, or Pete Caroll went to the super bowl? Lmaooooooo

Advertisement
Quinn is a friend, not a coach.
At most he’s a players coach. Meaning guys like to play for him like Tomlin or Carroll but not a friend and won’t start guys because he feels for them because they’re older and “put in the work” for years. But he’s certainly not an ******* Belichick or Saban.

Side note. Belichick was sneaky hard to spell and still doesn’t look right. I had to google it.

At most he’s a players coach. Meaning guys like to play for him like Tomlin or Carroll but not a friend and won’t start guys because he feels for them because they’re older and “put in the work” for years. But he’s certainly not an ******* Belichick or Saban.

Side note. Belichick was sneaky hard to spell and still doesn’t look right. I had to google it.
Tomlin and Carroll both had disciplinary issues within their team and their leading players hated both. Both are currently on track to lose their job.

Dont take Quinn (who already lost his job).

The moment I found out that the players were allowed to vape in the locker rooms Manny lost me. The staff tries to hard to be there friends. No more nice guys. We need ********. I like Quinn especially if we can't get Rex Ryan.
Please elaborate

Advertisement
Yeah you were the same person who was saying Pete Caroll shouldn’t have went to USC because he was a failed head coach right? Twice…. Or when BB failed with the Jets too. NFL is night and day from college. Ask anyone who knows a lick about the difference they’ll tell you. I was talking to a former NFL coach who now is a HC in the power 5. He said when he came back to college it was almost sad how offensive coordinators didn’t know how to attack a defense.

First you discredit him by using shanahan, then discredit him for making it to the playoffs the following year without him? LMAOOOO dog your reaching. Just stop. When’s the last time John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, or Pete Caroll went to the super bowl? Lmaooooooo

Almost as dumb as the people that think Rex Ryan is a legit candidate.

Just an incredibly dumb and stupid idea, not only is he a horrible head coach, he wouldn’t fit in the college game.

He’s not going to do the work that it takes to recruit - has no experience, never done it before, a total rookie when it comes to that in this age - anybody that’s failed as a head coach in the NFL not named Saban is generally a bad idea, especially a laughing stock like Dan Quinn.

Almost as dumb as the people that think Rex Ryan is a legit candidate.

Just an incredibly dumb and stupid idea, not only is he a horrible head coach, he wouldn’t fit in the college game.

He’s not going to do the work that it takes to recruit - has no experience, never done it before, a total rookie when it comes to that in this age - anybody that’s failed as a head coach in the NFL not named Saban is generally a bad idea, especially a laughing stock like Dan Quinn.
Just when I thought you couldn’t say anything dumber lol

Advertisement
Back