Dan Mullen

Advertisement
What is his record at miss state? Call me when he wins something. His cieling is 10-2, is that what we want at miami?

What has Golden ever won? What is Golden ceiling? Not attack, just asking...

Golden's ceiling is winning 8-9 games only in a year where we play basically a glorified high school schedule. We have a big enough sample size at this point to say that if the opponent is of equal of greater caliber....we basically have no shot.

What is he now? 2-13 against teams with 7 or more victories? Even then...those "2" came against GT and Duke...both of which at best can be considered mediocre programs on a national level.

Definition of a fraud.

Yep

I am not either way right now with Golden and the staff, but to act like Golden has been miserable as a coach is wrong. People seem to forget Miami was 7-0 and ranked 7th in the nation last year until injuries took away players who accounted for over 60% of the offense. You can say it was the ACC, but that's the same ACC that sent 11 teams to bowl games. The defense was absolutely terrible and fell apart the second half of the year, but there was a glimpse that Golden might have something in him that could bring success to Miami.

Right now I just don't know how to feel. I like Golden, but his results are meh. A lot of that can be contributed to D'Onofrio. Right now I just wish that the Duke game was not a fluke and Miami can play dominant defense the rest of the year and under D'Onofrio the rest of his career at Miami. Obviously that is a stretch and the odds aren't really in that favor. However, if the defense continues to look terrible this year, I think D'Ono has to go, but I believe Golden will stay and I would be okay with that.

Advertisement
No idea what Mullen's ceiling is, he's coach at a place that never wins. He's the type of Coach they will need to get if Golden gets the boot. Lower schools in top conferences, Mullen, Franklin, etc. Get ready to pay 3-4M per year.

Advertisement
I wasn't sold on Mullen when Randy was fired. Am sold on him now, bc his team plays great defense. Still hate the Tebow offense.

I am not either way right now with Golden and the staff, but to act like Golden has been miserable as a coach is wrong. People seem to forget Miami was 7-0 and ranked 7th in the nation last year until injuries took away players who accounted for over 60% of the offense. You can say it was the ACC, but that's the same ACC that sent 11 teams to bowl games. The defense was absolutely terrible and fell apart the second half of the year, but there was a glimpse that Golden might have something in him that could bring success to Miami.

Right now I just don't know how to feel. I like Golden, but his results are meh. A lot of that can be contributed to D'Onofrio. Right now I just wish that the Duke game was not a fluke and Miami can play dominant defense the rest of the year and under D'Onofrio the rest of his career at Miami. Obviously that is a stretch and the odds aren't really in that favor. However, if the defense continues to look terrible this year, I think D'Ono has to go, but I believe Golden will stay and I would be okay with that.

There's so much wrong with this post the only thing I'll say is disagree with pretty much every syllable typed above.

That wasn't a real 7-0. It was a 7-0 incurred against the equivalent of 7 high school teams. What happened later that year when we started playing teams with a pulse?

He's a fraud at every level. Anyone still defending him at this point just doesn't follow Hurricane football very closely.

Advertisement
So crown Mullen for beating a ranked team in the middle of the year? Pretty sure Golden beat the number 8th ranked team last year. But, but, but, what did they finished ranked!

Some of you are either full on idiots or your trying to hard.

So crown Mullen for beating a ranked team in the middle of the year? Pretty sure Golden beat the number 8th ranked team last year. But, but, but, what did they finished ranked!

Some of you are either full on idiots or your trying to hard.

Actually it's both.
Where's the Sumlin thread?

Advertisement
He's a douche, but a good coach

This program needs a douche. I'm pretty fed up with the incompetent head coaches that happen to be nice guys.

we've won 5 ships without hiring douches.... Just gotta hire the right non-douche

Jimmy was very much a douche. We love him cause he was ours...but ask Oklahoma or Nebraska fans what they think of Jimmy. Remember when he called timeout at the end of that game to kick a field goal, already up by 20, just to make sure we covered the spread?

Al Golden would have probably punted on 3rd down in that scenario.

Last edited:
40-28 career record, 17-24 in conference, never had more than 9 wins and that was 4 years ago, 3 wins vs. ranked teams (1 this year, possibly 2 if they win today). Don't we already have a mediocre head coach?

He has Miss ST beating ranked teams on the road. They are about to beat another top 10 team. He's completely turned that program around. Would be an obvious upgrade right now if we had hired him.

They won at Florida in 2010 and this year at LSU. Today against A&M was a home game. That's 2 road wins against a ranked team in 6 years. I get the fact that they play in probably the toughest division in college football, but I don't get all the hype around him because finally, in year 6, his team can win against ranked teams. And to say that he is an obvious upgrade to what he have at Miami right now is exactly that, obvious. But, you could pull names out of a hat of all the coaches in America and 80% of them would be an obvious upgrade.

Advertisement
Back