Dan Mullen for OC.

PASS, go read Gator Tears and read about how Urban talked about him. If Teabows parents weren’t die hard gator fans he would have ended up else where. How he wouldn’t actually talk with recruits, someone else would text them as him. For those reasons I am out.

Didn’t Urban have Cam Newton on the bench while Tebow was starting?

Advertisement
Prefer to stay away from coaches who will only be here 1 year. As much as we think Mullen is a “couch” he’ll get offered a job next off season. Pass!

I need a minimum 2 (preferably 3) years from a coordinator.

Advertisement
Dan Mullen has an amazing track record of producing elite offenses besides this past year. Prior to the 2021 season, he was in the same category as guys like Lincoln Riley.

He also is weird and recruits poorly. I think these are two of Marios greatest strengths. Together, they could make a deadly combination. I put him on the same level as Brady. Both would be amazing hires.

Mullen is toxic as ****. He ruined the culture at UF.
What culture?

McElwain and Muschamp were disasters and before that was a guy whose program housed almost as many criminals as Raiford 40 miles away.

Take it from someone who's spent a lot of time in Gainesville.

UF Football has been a cesspool for a long time.

Joe Brady is a slam dunk hire. Mullen is one step below that.
Mullen has a longer track record of developing QBs. Mullen would elevate our staff with the HC/OC experience he brings to the table.

I really don't understand the Brady hype. He literally has one great season at LSU to vouch for him. That's it, nothing else.

Mullen > Brady

Advertisement
It's an interesting thought process. He'd be a 1 year rental most likely, although that 1 year is essentially guaranteed to be a success with his track record and the pieces we have in place right now. He's a weirdo though and his recent QB evaluations/decision making (Frenks over Trask) is a concern.

I wouldn't hate it.

Mullen has a longer track record of developing QBs. Mullen would elevate our staff with the HC/OC experience he brings to the table.

I really don't understand the Brady hype. He literally has one great season at LSU to vouch for him. That's it, nothing else.

Mullen > Brady
One great season? You mean one historic season right? Where he got his QB drafted as the #1 pick and two of the the WRs went 1st round. (Jefferson, Chase). None of those 3 were on anyones 1st round radar the year prior.

Hard pass.

dm_201101_Mullen_gives_postgame_presser_as_Darth_Vader.jpg

Advertisement
I agree. Although, doesn’t Herman’s buyout $s from Texas decrease if he takes any coaching job (unlike Mullen)? Herman & Brady’s names are hold their weight in gold in recruiting, IMO.
Herman can't stay an analyst forever. Pay thr man and put him the fight!!

Imagine the gator tears if we hire Mullen as OC and Muschamp as DC.

Advertisement
What culture?

McElwain and Muschamp were disasters and before that was a guy whose program housed almost as many criminals as Raiford 40 miles away.

Take it from someone who's spent a lot of time in Gainesville.

UF Football has been a cesspool for a long time.

Listen to Bruce Feldman on Ryen Russillo's podcast (starts around 38:20). Talks about Mullen creating a culture of "excuses" - set a really awful standard for his players by always passing blame and making excuses. He interviewed a handful of other SEC assistant coaches and they all had a stance that Mullen was regressing UF substantially, even more so than the coaches you mentioned.

"When it comes to what you get from Mullen.... it's an interesting comment from another SEC coach - 'watch what happens when they lose; he makes excuses left and right.'"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back