Dan Enos Running Game

sotacane22

Sophomore
Alex Collins in Dan Enos Offense, still remember arkansas stole him from us. Hopefully this is what we can look forward to with multiple backs in this new offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he runs the offense that he ran at Arkansas, gonna be a lot of upset and disappointed Miami fans

Nah not really, that offense in 15 was excellent, and was still pretty good in 16 as well. Balanced too, none of that air-raid BS

Nah not really, that offense in 15 was excellent, and was still pretty good in 16 as well. Balanced too, none of that air-raid BS

What's the point of a balanced attack if it produces the running results it did in 16? They weren't even Top 70 in rushing offense in the S&P+ in 16.
Running for the sake of "balance" is dumb. The point of an offense is to score TDs, not be balanced.

Advertisement
The new rb coach can develop rbs as shown with Sony and the rbs he’s had at KState. Not worried about our running game. Is the o line that’s the biggest quesruonb

Yup, because Bama can’t recruit and they have a talentless roster.
The point is not that he can't recruit those guys in Bama.
The point is that he can recruit those guys in Miami in his own back yard

And he can do it while having complete control of the offense without some abrasive old man telling him what to do.

What's the point of a balanced attack if it produces the running results it did in 16? They weren't even Top 70 in rushing offense in the S&P+ in 16.
Running for the sake of "balance" is dumb. The point of an offense is to score TDs, not be balanced.

Several things on this - Arkansas in 2016 was playing from behind a lot in those 6 losses so that "top 70" stat might be skewed - check out the Alabama game that year when Allen threw for 400 yards running for his life in a 49-30 beatdown. They still ran for 2000+ yards and 164 ypg, with a 1300 yard rusher (after Alex Collins) and a 600 yard rusher in 2016. The "balance" Enos gets isn't from running it 40 times and throwing it 40 times. It's a really thoughtful offense, if you check out some of the information out there on this board and elsewhere. Think 2018 Chiefs/Chargers, not 1983 Redskins lol

And no sour grapes here, Collins was a good back, but we can find them every year in our backyard. It’s not a scenario where we have to stretch our imagination because of certain talent in an area.

Advertisement
Nobody is asking for a air-raid but i think fans will be fine if he uses what bama did.

Nobody is asking for a air-raid but i think fans will be fine if he uses what bama did.

That's the thing - as Lance pointed out in his amazing breakdown, you see a lot of 2015 Arkansas in the 2018 Bama offense, particularly the passing game. Specifically, pre-snap motion, lots of playaction, jet sweeps, deep crossing patterns, etc. That's what I would bet our offense will look like here.

And I think they will be fine if he is top 8 in the country in both SandP and FEI like he was 2015 Arkansas. And even though he's not a maniacal speed demon, I think he will play a little faster than he did under Beleima too

Advertisement
Several things on this - Arkansas in 2016 was playing from behind a lot in those 6 losses so that "top 70" stat might be skewed - check out the Alabama game that year when Allen threw for 400 yards running for his life in a 49-30 beatdown. They still ran for 2000+ yards and 164 ypg, with a 1300 yard rusher (after Alex Collins) and a 600 yard rusher in 2016. The "balance" Enos gets isn't from running it 40 times and throwing it 40 times. It's a really thoughtful offense, if you check out some of the information out there on this board and elsewhere. Think 2018 Chiefs/Chargers, not 1983 Redskins lol

I'm not sure why that would skew it? Connelly's metrics are down to down. He's not punishing Arkansas because their totals aren't high enough. Which would be your point. They had to abandon the run because they are behind so much. The S&P+ doesn't care about that at all. It doesn't punish an offense for that. So I don't get what you're saying?

I'm not sure why that would skew it? Connelly's metrics are down to down. He's not punishing Arkansas because their totals aren't high enough. Which would be your point. They had to abandon the run because they are behind so much. The S&P+ doesn't care about that at all. It doesn't punish an offense for that. So I don't get what you're saying?

That's my bad I misunderstood the metrics. I stand corrected.

That's the thing - as Lance pointed out in his amazing breakdown, you see a lot of 2015 Arkansas in the 2018 Bama offense, particularly the passing game. Specifically, pre-snap motion, lots of playaction, jet sweeps, deep crossing patterns, etc. That's what I would bet our offense will look like here.
Yea its been said enos had a big part in bama offense.

Advertisement
Back