Dan Enos expected to be named Maryland OC

034C4375-6CB0-4576-AEA4-98B035414C58.jpeg

Advertisement
So, I looked up Dan Henning (Jr.) and came across the name Frank Reich. It brought to mind that comeback game at the Orange Bowl way back when. A not-so-good memory if you're a Canes fan, but a good memory if you're a Maryland fan.

Henning had just lost his spot for no.1 to Neil O'Donnell, who later played for the Steelers. My first year (1983) at the school Boomer Esiason was the starter, with Reich and Stan Gelbaugh backing him up. Well-coached team with Bobby Ross as HC, Joe Krivak the OC and Ralph Friedgen coaching the OL.
Having said this, that 1984 game where they came back on the Canes killed me.

Advertisement
I think Enos can be a good OC with the right team. He would definitely succeed at a school like Iowa, Wisconsin or Northwestern were they have big mauling O-Lines. I don't think Maryland has that though.
Have those teams ever had a good OC?

They better hope the Central Michigan Chippewas aren’t on the schedule

I think Locksley is a bit more wavy than thing. I think he brings him into the fold as an “OC” to develop quarterbacks but won’t call plays.

Advertisement
Marcus Fleming must be psyched; missed a chance to play for Enos at Miami but gets another shot at doing so with the Terp’s. (.....he he he....)

Wonder if the “Vous” bar with the sticky beer wood floor is still in existence up there? Good networking place back in some people’s day.
That was a MD college bar when I was in school in DC. I bet it’s still there. We called it the vous but that’s short for The Rendezvous.

maybe Enos was an unfulfilled Chef. At Miami he was tasked with making Chicken salad out of chicken ****
Enos is 1 dimensional. He couldn’t adapt to the skill sets of the players he had.

Advertisement
Henning had just lost his spot for no.1 to Neil O'Donnell, who later played for the Steelers. My first year (1983) at the school Boomer Esiason was the starter, with Reich and Stan Gelbaugh backing him up. Well-coached team with Bobby Ross as HC, Joe Krivak the OC and Ralph Friedgen coaching the OL.
Having said this, that 1984 game where they came back on the Canes killed me.
I watched that 84 game as a freshman in a dorm up in DC.

I find it interesting that Mike Locksley would hire his old Alabama colleague, Dan Enos.

What I wouldn't give to be a "fly on the wall" for that interview, just to hear these two guys discuss their opinion on Coach Diaz.

I wonder what they would say?!
"Don't take criticism from someone you wouldn't take advice from".

Advertisement
It's incredible how many guys we lost to Maryland. Maryland?! At least with Enos, we gave him the boot with no regrets. Maybe Jarren Williams will transfer in to be his QB?

It’s a good thing they signed all those LBs because they will need the defense to allow under 10 points a game to have a winning record.

Advertisement
Back