Dan Enos by the Numbers

I think you missed the point here. The OP displayed Total Stats for Enos's offense in 3 major categories. Passing, Rushing, 3rd down conversion. Only 2 times from 2010-2017 did Enos reach a top 25 ranking in any of those categories (Passing 2011 CMU, 3rd Down Conv. 2015 ARK).

If you "brought up those same stats" for Diaz you'd see some bright spots such as;
-Miss St 2010 being 17th in rushing defense.
-Texas 2011 being 7th in rushing defense, and 17th in 3rd down defense
-Even in 2012, when Texas was 44th in passing defense, they played 5 offenses that finished ranked in the top 10 of passing.
-2014 LTech was 17th in 3rd down defense. and 22nd rushing defense.

I stopped looking after, because he already has over double of stats of conversation, in 5 years compared to 8. I didn't even check Sacks/TFL.

I'm not saying Enos sucks, all I'm saying is that this whole narrative of "Well, look at Diaz" WHEN IT COMES TO STATISTICS, doesn't really help your case. Considering that Diaz had tons of bright spots already, and at a big time program.
I get the point and your facts are wrong. Enos was top 25 passing twice at CMU. Regardless, Diaz got his guy. He could’ve had 100 other guys but this is his pick. The guy has a ton of experience unlike the vast majority of the rest of the staff. He’s upbeat and has a vision. He’s not a beaten old dawg like our last guy.

Advertisement
I think you missed the point here. The OP displayed Total Stats for Enos's offense in 3 major categories. Passing, Rushing, 3rd down conversion. Only 2 times from 2010-2017 did Enos reach a top 25 ranking in any of those categories (Passing 2011 CMU, 3rd Down Conv. 2015 ARK).

If you "brought up those same stats" for Diaz you'd see some bright spots such as;
-Miss St 2010 being 17th in rushing defense.
-Texas 2011 being 7th in rushing defense, and 17th in 3rd down defense
-Even in 2012, when Texas was 44th in passing defense, they played 5 offenses that finished ranked in the top 10 of passing.
-2014 LTech was 17th in 3rd down defense. and 22nd rushing defense.

I stopped looking after, because he already has over double of stats of conversation, in 5 years compared to 8. I didn't even check Sacks/TFL.

I'm not saying Enos sucks, all I'm saying is that this whole narrative of "Well, look at Diaz" WHEN IT COMES TO STATISTICS, doesn't really help your case. Considering that Diaz had tons of bright spots already, and at a big time program.

These boys are truly clueless.

I get the point and your facts are wrong. Enos was top 25 passing twice at CMU. Regardless, Diaz got his guy. He could’ve had 100 other guys but this is his pick. The guy has a ton of experience unlike the vast majority of the rest of the staff. He’s upbeat and has a vision. He’s not a beaten old dawg like our last guy.

Top 25 in passing playing catch up in a ton of games.

I’m not down on Enos...I’m not crowning him as a savior either.

Manny Diaz had a lot of average looking defensive numbers when Mark Richt hired him here. I know some people don't believe it but good coaches learn from mistakes and alter their playbooks. The Diaz defense that was among the nation's best in 2018 looked a lot different from the mess that got him fired at Texas.
Bethune Cookman, FIU, Toledo, and Savannah State are void of Major D 1 talent, and for that matter UNC and FSU did not exactly tear it up last year

Advertisement
Yeah it’s for people like you. Have you ever broken down film? I don’t think so. You’re just another internet addicted weirdo playing coach on a message board like the rest of these losers.
If he is an "internet addicted weirdo," what do you call someone who posts 100+ times in 2 days on a thread in an internet message board?

Get over what? You keep replying so I’ll keep replying dummy. I wish I had never seen someone do what you did but it’s prevalent on a free board bc it’s free & it attracts all of you weirdos.

Let’s see..telling me to not get worked up but earlier calling folks idiots. Again how did I get worked up? You’re just a double talking idiot.

You’re best bet is to move on bc I’ll be at this all day.
It’s sad watching a meltdown like yours. You read the word idiot, and even tho it wasn’t directed at you, you decide it must’ve been.. start hurling silly insults, and find yourself unable to let it go.

You’ve got to handle your feelings better. I know that’s a hard thing for a sensitive guy to do, but you need to try.

It’s not healthy to care so much about what an anonymous person says on a message board.

You need help. Obviously. But I’ll be here for you. As long as you need me.

Why do you think it’s necessary to jump in between a convo between two men & that has nothing to do with you? Do you randomly do this at bars? This is typical of people that slide their foot under the stall next to them.

I’m not getting in the middle of this, but cotdam that was cold blooded. 😂

Advertisement
I've always thought 3rd down was kinda overrated.

Of course you want to convert em' when you get em', but if you look at the best offenses in the Country, they're usually at the bottom in 3rd down ATTEMPTS.

The name of the game on O is to get 1st downs, not 3rd downs.

Most people rather use yards per play, or points per drive to determine if a team has a good offense or not. I remember a game that Miami played against Georgia Tech where we lost 28-21. Miami averaged about 8 yards per play, but they only had the ball 5 times. Was the offense successful that day? I would say yes, but when you only run like 35 plays, it's hard to put big numbers up.

Scary post lol. Most here are assuming we are going to be unstoppable force offensively and those numbers absolutely do not support that. Did he call plays at Central Mich? Hopefully not.

If that were the case, why did we win less games in 2018 with a better 3rd down conversion rate on offense and defense both than the previous year.

2017: 3rd down conv = ranked 125, 28%
2017 3rd down conv defense = ranked 75, 39%
2018: 3rd down conv = ranked 53, 40%
2018: 3rd down conv defense = ranked 23rd, 42%

There are a host of others like this also..
Come on. There's context to everything. You're way better than that conclusion. We played different teams in totally different settings and had the ball bounce (straight luck) totally different ways. But, 3rd down percentages on both sides of the ball are correlated to winning teams throughout college football. Just like yards/play (instead of total offense and total defense) on both sides of the ball.

By the way, not sure where you get your stats, but we were #1 in the country in 3rd down conversion defense in 2018 with a 26.5% 3rd down conversion rate on defense. We were (on defense) 38.9% the year before (2017). On offense, we were 39% on 3rd downs in 2018 and 27.7% in 2017.

My response to you was about what metrics are typically correlated to winning football. If you want to look at direct comparison of wins between seasons, there are countless other variables, including and especially your opponents (who they are, where you play them, etc.).

Advertisement
Both SEC divisions are way better, The B1G east is way better. The B1G west is better. The The Atlantic is a lot better. The Pac 12 north is a lot better. Pac 12 south is a toss up with the edge going to the Pac since USC is down and Miami is on the up and up. The Big12 as a whole is better than the Coastal.

The Big Ten West is coaches better, but talent wise the Coastal is ahead of it by a mile.
The West just doesn’t have much of a recruiting base. Too far away from Cali, Texas, and the South.

Just go look at when Duke has played Northwestern the last couple seasons. They just dominate them and Duke at best has middle of the road southern talent.

It’s sad watching a meltdown like yours. You read the word idiot, and even tho it wasn’t directed at you, you decide it must’ve been.. start hurling silly insults, and find yourself unable to let it go.

You’ve got to handle your feelings better. I know that’s a hard thing for a sensitive guy to do, but you need to try.

It’s not healthy to care so much about what an anonymous person says on a message board.

You need help. Obviously. But I’ll be here for you. As long as you need me.

You just typed me a bible but I’m melting down. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I see why your wife left you. Whew

I've always thought 3rd down was kinda overrated.

Of course you want to convert em' when you get em', but if you look at the best offenses in the Country, they're usually at the bottom in 3rd down ATTEMPTS.

The name of the game on O is to get 1st downs, not 3rd downs.

For me, it’s definitely a hard stat to correlate with wins & losses.

Advertisement
If he is an "internet addicted weirdo," what do you call someone who posts 100+ times in 2 days on a thread in an internet message board?

Are you really taking up for another man in the presence of men? You dudes are so weird.

Then again you are the guy who really thinks the Arky offense was good with them being ranked 34 in S&P yet these raw numbers: 2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45) mean nothing right? When one combines that with their 4-8 overall record & firing their HC proves you are clueless.

Enos had a great offense at ARKANSAS for a couple years. Putting together a top defense at Texas should have been a cake walk at the time. Mack Brown had top 5 classes almost every year. Top 15 isn’t that impressive in comparison. Diaz gave up how many rushing yards to the stormin Mormon’s again? He was fired after that mid season.
My point is that the past doesn’t matter. Enos fits what Diaz wants. The guy has big time experience. Let’s the chips fall already.

But even that last year Texas’ defense wasn’t horrible. Diaz was just the scape goat for Mack.
There’s clearly been something wrong with Texas for a while now. It looks like Herman is on his way to fixing it. But to say, “of course he should do that at Texas” is to ignore the decay that was happening at Texas as a program.

Please stop quoting me and put me on ignore.

He needs to just put everybody on irgnore.
The only points he agrees with are those that aren’t positive towards Miami. And it’s fine to not always like something about the team. I was leading the complaining about Enos charge when he was hired, and I’m currently ****ting on the lack of recruiters in the Recruiting Forum.
But I don’t *only* agree with the harsh arguments in every thread, and only upvote those. It’s obvious what he’s doing. Which would be fine, if you want to troll Miami, i’ll still engage with you. But trolls are usually subtle as to not expose themselves. This dude is quoting every single post that isn’t negative and replying with incoherent, negative babble. But it’s his trolling thread, so I guess the joke is on the rest of us for continuing to post in it.

Are you really taking up for another man in the presence of men? You dudes are so weird.

Then again you are the guy who really thinks the Arky offense was good with them being ranked 34 in S&P yet these raw numbers: 2017: Total Offense = 94, Scoring = 62, Rushing = 61, Passing = 83, 35 sacks given up (ranked 113 ), 3rd down conv =41% (ranked 45) mean nothing right? When one combines that with their 4-8 overall record & firing their HC proves you are clueless.
I'm not sticking up for anyone, I'm just asking you a question. Which you deflected.
And yeah, I don't think Enos did that bad of a job at Arkansas. And you know who agrees with me? Nick Saban.

Advertisement
Back