Dan Enos by the Numbers

Advertisement
There’s a vintage MANOLO thread somewhere on here that supposes the same basic generalities. Meanwhile, Jefe got us looking hungry on D like it’s ‘89 with blood in the water and Square Grouper floating in the Straits. I’ll go out on a limb here and roll with Patron’s assessment over yours...His knowledge of fish-scale surpasses yours...

if that were true..media guides would include these "robust stats" in the bio's of coaches.

Media guides are for MORONS, TROGLODYTES, SIMPLETONS & MINDLESS DRONES on this forum who you march lockstep with in order to advance your worthless agenda. Next gen stats/advanced analytics are for actual coaches who work in the profession. I suggest you stay in your lane & know your role, before your idiocy becomes even more evident.

Last edited:
He was. And he found a job. What does Bielema (a defensive coach) have to do with it?

Bielema wasn’t the HC? You think he has nothing to do with it? The guy that employed Enos. If that meaning anything..Bielema would’ve never been fired.

Media guides are for MORONS, TROGLODYTES, SIMPLETONS & MINDLESS DRONES on this forum who you march lockstep with in order to advance your worthless agenda. Next gen stats/advanced analytics are for actual coaches who work in the profession. I suggest you stay in your lane & know your role, before your idiocy becomes even more evident.

Yeah it’s for people like you. Have you ever broken down film? I don’t think so. You’re just another internet addicted weirdo playing coach on a message board like the rest of these losers.

Advertisement
I would be curious how first time coordinators everywhere do their first year versus how they do down the road.

That first year you have the advantage as your conference opponents don't know what you're going to do. The reverse is true, you know what those established coaches are going to do, you have film and can gameplan accordingly.

That is what makes conference play tough. You play these teams yearly and get a sense of what to expect. So being new on the secene should net better results. Obviously not all of the time, but I bet the stats would generally play out that way.

Great post & you know football. Once a coach is able to be scouted & broken then imho that’s how you truly measure their impact/worth so I don’t much stock into year 1...it’s the following years when teams have had a chance to break your entire offense down.,

@craval85 see these are the type of discussions that you can’t have.

This "the ACC Coastal is the worst Power 5 division" argument needs to die. It's middle of the road, at worst. We SHOULD win it every ******* year because we're Miami, but it's not a cupcake schedule filled with Mary's School for the Blind and Savannah St.

It definitely is..you just say that to make yourself feel better.

schools in the coastal are regularly not in the top 25 when it comes to recruiting & that’s a fact. These schools for the most part...suck.

Both SEC divisions are way better, The B1G east is way better. The B1G west is better. The The Atlantic is a lot better. The Pac 12 north is a lot better. Pac 12 south is a toss up with the edge going to the Pac since USC is down and Miami is on the up and up. The Big12 as a whole is better than the Coastal.

You see it like I see it.

Above the fray? Nah. I just feel sorry for ya... And I feel horrible that I hurt your feelings. I
Gotta remember that some dudes here are more sensitive than the rest.

You’re still talking..calling folks idiots & attributing your bytch like tendencies onto others as emotion. You’re a real cowboy...broke back version though.

Advertisement
You’re still talking..calling folks idiots & attributing your bytch like tendencies onto others as emotion. You’re a real cowboy...broke back version though.
I’ve never seen someone so hurt by the word “idiot”. You sure this board is for you? It’s approaching 24 hours and you still can’t get over it.

For your own well being you might want to consider a new hobby.

All this man did was drop off facts and everybody gets their panties in a bunch. The numbers are concerning as was Diaz’s before he came.

It is what it is. Let’s just hope for the best.

Yeah it’s for people like you. Have you ever broken down film? I don’t think so. You’re just another internet addicted weirdo playing coach on a message board like the rest of these losers.
Why do you keep bringing up him calling everyone idiots when you call us all losers? Makes no sense.

I hope this isnt to defend Enos. Diaz had at least had a top 15 defense at Texas at one point.
Enos had a great offense at ARKANSAS for a couple years. Putting together a top defense at Texas should have been a cake walk at the time. Mack Brown had top 5 classes almost every year. Top 15 isn’t that impressive in comparison. Diaz gave up how many rushing yards to the stormin Mormon’s again? He was fired after that mid season.
My point is that the past doesn’t matter. Enos fits what Diaz wants. The guy has big time experience. Let’s the chips fall already.

Advertisement
Enos had a great offense at ARKANSAS for a couple years. Putting together a top defense at Texas should have been a cake walk at the time. Mack Brown had top 5 classes almost every year. Top 15 isn’t that impressive in comparison. Diaz gave up how many rushing yards to the stormin Mormon’s again? He was fired after that mid season.
My point is that the past doesn’t matter. Enos fits what Diaz wants. The guy has big time experience. Let’s the chips fall already.

I think you missed the point here. The OP displayed Total Stats for Enos's offense in 3 major categories. Passing, Rushing, 3rd down conversion. Only 2 times from 2010-2017 did Enos reach a top 25 ranking in any of those categories (Passing 2011 CMU, 3rd Down Conv. 2015 ARK).

If you "brought up those same stats" for Diaz you'd see some bright spots such as;
-Miss St 2010 being 17th in rushing defense.
-Texas 2011 being 7th in rushing defense, and 17th in 3rd down defense
-Even in 2012, when Texas was 44th in passing defense, they played 5 offenses that finished ranked in the top 10 of passing.
-2014 LTech was 17th in 3rd down defense. and 22nd rushing defense.

I stopped looking after, because he already has over double of stats of conversation, in 5 years compared to 8. I didn't even check Sacks/TFL.

I'm not saying Enos sucks, all I'm saying is that this whole narrative of "Well, look at Diaz" WHEN IT COMES TO STATISTICS, doesn't really help your case. Considering that Diaz had tons of bright spots already, and at a big time program.

Why do you keep bringing up him calling everyone idiots when you call us all losers? Makes no sense.

Why do you think it’s necessary to jump in between a convo between two men & that has nothing to do with you? Do you randomly do this at bars? This is typical of people that slide their foot under the stall next to them.

I’ve never seen someone so hurt by the word “idiot”. You sure this board is for you? It’s approaching 24 hours and you still can’t get over it.

For your own well being you might want to consider a new hobby.

Get over what? You keep replying so I’ll keep replying dummy. I wish I had never seen someone do what you did but it’s prevalent on a free board bc it’s free & it attracts all of you weirdos.

Let’s see..telling me to not get worked up but earlier calling folks idiots. Again how did I get worked up? You’re just a double talking idiot.

You’re best bet is to move on bc I’ll be at this all day.

Advertisement
It obvious Manny Diaz didn't hire Dan Enos because he was blown away by statistics.

It's obvious Nick Saban didn't hire Enos to coach his quarterbacks and then offer him the OC position because of previous statistics.

The unemployment line is littered with guys who have big statistical seasons on their resumes.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It obvious Manny Diaz didn't hire Dan Enos because he was blown away by statistics.

It's obvious Nick Saban didn't hire Enos to coach his quarterbacks and then offer him the OC position because of previous statistics.

The unemployment line is littered with guys who have big statistical seasons on their resumes.

Who argued any of this? At least I didn’t see anyone argue this.

What’s your point?

I think you missed the point here. The OP displayed Total Stats for Enos's offense in 3 major categories. Passing, Rushing, 3rd down conversion. Only 2 times from 2010-2017 did Enos reach a top 25 ranking in any of those categories (Passing 2011 CMU, 3rd Down Conv. 2015 ARK).

If you "brought up those same stats" for Diaz you'd see some bright spots such as;
-Miss St 2010 being 17th in rushing defense.
-Texas 2011 being 7th in rushing defense, and 17th in 3rd down defense
-Even in 2012, when Texas was 44th in passing defense, they played 5 offenses that finished ranked in the top 10 of passing.
-2014 LTech was 17th in 3rd down defense. and 22nd rushing defense.

I stopped looking after, because he already has over double of stats of conversation, in 5 years compared to 8. I didn't even check Sacks/TFL.

I'm not saying Enos sucks, all I'm saying is that this whole narrative of "Well, look at Diaz" WHEN IT COMES TO STATISTICS, doesn't really help your case. Considering that Diaz had tons of bright spots already, and at a big time program.

All I got is that Diaz hired the guy. So what does he see that the stats don’t reveal? I touched upon it earlier. But no, I’m not going to pretend those aren’t ugly stats. They are what they are.

Advertisement
Back