Dan Enos by the Numbers

Last year? Dude, last year a top 60 O MIGHT have meant another win or two, but **** sure not 11.
We were in the 110s, top 60 is a massive improvement over that and would have easily netted at LEAST 3 wins. Don’t forget Miami loss 3 games by 1 possession scores or less. No motions, predictability in playcalling, no scheming players to get open. Jeff Thomas having only 1 catch in 4 games. All of that sh*t adds up

Advertisement
Yeah, but top 60 means there are games where you don't freaking show up as well.

We were in the 110s, top 60 is a massive improvement over that and would have easily netted at LEAST 3 wins. Don’t forget Miami loss 3 games by 1 possession scores or less. No motions, predictability in playcalling, no scheming players to get open. Jeff Thomas having only 1 catch in 4 games. All of that sh*t adds up
View attachment 83151

there's really no way of correlating a top 60 offense into more wins...at least I don't see it.

Manny Diaz had a lot of average looking defensive numbers when Mark Richt hired him here. I know some people don't believe it but good coaches learn from mistakes and alter their playbooks. The Diaz defense that was among the nation's best in 2018 looked a lot different from the mess that got him fired at Texas.

It also helps that our defense feasts on some of the worst offenses in the nation here in the Coastal and it seems like every time we step up against equal talent...his defense gets handed to him

Advertisement
Ya these are the only stats that matter. Total offense is a pretty garbage metric that only looks at yards. FAU was a top 15 total offense team this year

A different perspective... Arky got worse every year under Enos and when he took over for the previous OC with the previous OC's players he did well in Year 1 but once they got him on field and a chance to truly scout him...he didn't sniff that type of success.

They had relative talent to bama, LSU, auburn, Texas a&m, uga , uf, ole miss? Not sure I agree with that

Your argument would hold weight if they weren't ranked #2 overall in 2015.

No one has Bama talent..,..but the rest of the teams from 2015 to 2017 in the SEC West...they did..except LSU also.

Last edited:
There's a correlation between 3rd down % and wins, though. On both sides of the ball.
In addition to that top 60 offense guarantees you don’t finish the season with 51% completion rate, 165 passing yards per game like Miami had which is utterly pathetic considering that was Miami’s most talented offense in years entering the season

Advertisement
We really have no clue what his offense will truly be till about year 3.

But his track record is mediocre at best. Mediocre is better then CMR, but we should striving for much higher then mediocre.

Enos is getting paid handsomely.. I hope it works out, but numbers say otherwise.

I'm sorry, but that crap has been said so often

Kinda like Al Golden and Coach No D at Temple.

Problem is, why are the stats so bad if he's so aggressive? Don't aggressive coaches usually put up better stats? Those are really rather pedestrian numbers for an aggressive coach. If he is using the entire field, does he not know WHEN to use the different parts of it? I mean if he knows how to use the whole field, and the stats are crap, what's the problem? If he makes a defense stressed because they don't know who to cover, why are defenses stopping his offenses at a pretty regular clip? Something doesn't add up.

Now, I hope he kills it here and we see a top 20 O, but anyone who thinks fans will be happy with a top 60 O just because Richt sucked is kidding themselves.
Stats just don’t provide enough info to make a sweeeping judgement. ****, idiots in here we’re trying to use stats to tell us that D’no had a top 10 O.

All I know is he had lower tier talent and middle tier results. So I’ll stick with what I said. No reason to get excited either way.

There's a correlation between 3rd down % and wins, though. On both sides of the ball.

If that were the case, why did we win less games in 2018 with a better 3rd down conversion rate on offense and defense both than the previous year.

2017: 3rd down conv = ranked 125, 28%
2017 3rd down conv defense = ranked 75, 39%
2018: 3rd down conv = ranked 53, 40%
2018: 3rd down conv defense = ranked 23rd, 42%

There are a host of others like this also..

I expect Enos to use some of what he learned at Bama....also said he will adjust to his personnel which is something Right didn't do.....

Advertisement
All I know is he had lower tier talent and middle tier results. So I’ll stick with what I said. No reason to get excited either way.

This is ridiculous and typical of this board.

He had middling results with middling talent...period.

Hope he's learned enough to really light it up.

In addition to that top 60 offense guarantees you don’t finish the season with 51% completion rate, 165 passing yards per game like Miami had which is utterly pathetic considering that was Miami’s most talented offense in years entering the season

This is not true in any regard bc you could have an amazing running game and be top 60 but have a QB that still completes 51% of passes.

Advertisement
We really have no clue what his offense will truly be till about year 3.

But his track record is mediocre at best. Mediocre is better then CMR, but we should striving for much higher then mediocre.

Enos is getting paid handsomely.. I hope it works out, but numbers say otherwise.

That's all I'm saying....those of us with keen eyes will always be wary of any coach that has not proved himself while wearing a UM polo on the sidelines...

This is not true in any regard bc you could have an amazing running game and be top 60 but have a QB that still completes 51% of passes.
Miami had a pretty good run game in the last year(top 40 or so in rushing yards per carry) but still ranked 110 plus in offense because the passing game was atrocious and had a completion percentage of 51%.

A top 60 offense at MIAMI 9 times of ten most likely means a balanced run and pass offense not a one sided thing.

Miami had a pretty good run game in the last year(top 40 or so in rushing yards per carry) but still ranked 110 plus in offense because the passing game was atrocious and had a completion percentage of 51%.
View attachment 83159
A top 60 offense at MIAMI 9 times of ten most likely means a balanced run and pass offense not a one sided thing.

You haven't provided anything here that supports your opinion.

You can have a top 60 offense and still have a QB that completes 51% of their passes..

Advertisement
Back